General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Good Story, Please Read. Don't let it happen to you

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 11:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pictures of the destruction as promised.

This is not a very good picture as it was taken with my camera phone but the slices you see around the hole was caused by improperly trained techs. It's suppose to be one solid piece with no slits at all. The master cylinder screws into it. It's made of plastic (the clutch master cylinder), the plate is made of either thick metal or steel.

This is a 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS without an interior period. There was a few more parts in the picture to remove before we could get to the plate screws.

Any questions?
Old 08-30-2007, 01:02 AM

What a nightmare. Sue them please.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:59 AM
Banned

sorry for the big pictures. It's hard to resize camera phone pictures, it loses quality basically.

I wrote the president of the dealership a letter yesterday in regards to my recent experience. Hopefully he/she will write back.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:18 AM
Banned

Wanted to provide an update:

The dealership has not wrote me back yet. I am assuming that the president is going to push it under the rug like I knew he/she would. I called the number 06Black told me to but they haven't called back yet.

I wonder if I can put in a word to a local newspaper to get coverage on this. It's BS to me.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by sneaky
sorry for the big pictures. It's hard to resize camera phone pictures, it loses quality basically.

I wrote the president of the dealership a letter yesterday in regards to my recent experience. Hopefully he/she will write back.
Originally Posted by blktrax
Zone rep is as far as i could get finding any more info.

What you need to do is get intouch with the Dealerships Owner.

Usually some pompus ass with too much money and time on his hands.

But when you articualte like what you wrote and explain how; you, your family, friends, and everyone else you come in contact with is going to know your story and how you were treated. Things change, thats a severe impact on business and directly his pocket.

Theres nothing worse for business than a bad rap, and explain thats exactly what you're going to give. Don't even go in expecting anything, let him make the offer after you tell him what youre going to tell people about your experience.
Dude you wrote a letter? You dont understand how much Junk mail dealerships get from charities donations, ppl just straight out asking for crazy stuff.

Make an appointment to SPEAK in person with the dealership owner.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:30 AM

Wanted to provide an update:

The dealership has not wrote me back yet. I am assuming that the president is going to push it under the rug like I knew he/she would. I called the number 06Black told me to but they haven't called back yet.

I wonder if I can put in a word to a local newspaper to get coverage on this. It's BS to me.
Go to whatever means you need too. Call the GM service number. They will deal with the dealership so you don't have to.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:31 AM
Banned

Dude you wrote a letter? You dont understand how much Junk mail dealerships get from charities donations, ppl just straight out asking for crazy stuff.

I would if the person wasn't booked for the next 3 months. They said e-mail was the best point of contact.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:31 AM

^ What he said
Old 04-19-2008, 03:22 PM

So what happened?
Old 04-19-2008, 03:35 PM

WTF? bumping the oldest thread ever???
Old 04-19-2008, 03:49 PM

Damn, that **** sucks. Also wondering what happened.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:56 PM

wow, i read the whole thing, and that sucks.... fight it!
Old 04-19-2008, 04:19 PM

So what ended up happening??
Old 04-19-2008, 04:30 PM

This is what he wrote in another thread...

"If the teeth that interlock the clutch master cylinder are screwed on the plate (bent or broken) and will not accept a new clutch master cylinder it's a $50 part and about 10 hrs of labor (if you know what your doing). You have to tear the entire dash apart to get to the screws that hold the firewall plate in place. The screws are BEHIND the dash, the plate is flimsy metal and will not withstand welding. A new clutch master cylinder costs $120 (US). The dealership broke mine cause they didn't know what they were doing and didn't know it twists off, they won't fix it. Too costly for them.

Here is the diagram pictures of how everything is assembled thru the plate. "
Old 04-19-2008, 04:35 PM

Time for a lawyer i would get all that and 800 for installing it becasue that is what the dealer wanted to charge plus tow truck fee even add up beer pizza and pop since it was for the help you had to pay
Old 04-19-2008, 07:47 PM

Oh yeah, I would **** them up the ass here. The dealerships around here know it to since there are 4 chevy dealers in 30 miles.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:05 PM

in a case like this real result will come from bad publicity. call a local news station and expalin how the dealership is breaking your car then charging you to fix it. if anyone can get you conpensated its the reporters and average joes will see it on tv and bring their business elsewhere. good luck man.

a lawyer would be a good idea too.

Last edited by GULLABLE0NE; 04-19-2008 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-20-2008, 01:09 AM

I don't get these dealerships. I can understand a small shop trying to rip people off, but not them.

I work in service/warranty repair stuff and if they have a warranty, I fix the damn thing and charge the company...unless it's just total obvious abuse.

They act like they're paying for it out of their pockets...the bastards.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:17 AM

1. Get a lawyer

2. Sue someone

3. ???

4. Pofit!
Old 04-20-2008, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by They call me 'E'
1. Get a lawyer

2. Sue someone

3. ???

4. Pofit!

reminds me of the underpants gnomes philosophy (from South Park)

1. Steal underpants

2. ?

3. Make money

so was this problem ever resolved besides ur friends taking it apart. also someone mentioned he made another thread about this?
Old 04-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Not a Sebring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like when I took my car in last year. First I had two broken wheel studs (faulty equipment)..........never once had used air tools on it, and my wheels were always torqued properly.........and yet they persist to say that the wheel studs aren't covered under warranty, and they then blamed the broken wheel studs on my aftermarket wheels and slotted rotors...... Then heres where it gets even funnier.......I get a thing in the mail saying my warranty is void. I call them and ask what the hell is up........apparently the tech working on my car, who seemed nice enough when I met him and even talked about modding the Cobalts (he even asked the question "why didn't you get the REAL Cobalt SS?"....meaning the supercharged one.....what an ass....lol) had gone and tattled about my lack of a cat. Um.....your supposed to be working on replacing my wheelstuds.....not going over details of the rest of my car. Lame. Then, about a month or so after this, my car starts making a grinding noise when its moving. I take my car in....and what do they do.....they give it to a DEAF technician to work on. Note I said grinding NOISE. Wtf??? It ends up being a back and forth deal...........being as its my only car, I have to drive it there every morning before work for over a week, and luckily my friend works with me, so he picks me up and brings me back to the dealership everyday for over a week........b/c they can't seem to figure it out apparently.....well no ****, you have a deaf guy trying to listen for a noise. Finally, I go in and im pissed at this point. They agree to let another tech ride in the car with me so I can try to point out the noise. This tech immediately hears it and knows what im talking about. The car is in the shop one more day after this. Turns out the broken wheel studs had grinded up one of my powerslots and it was rotating un-evenly, which produced the grinding noise I was hearing. Now, if they had just given my car to this NOT DEAF technician from the get go, my car wouldn't have had to sit at the dealership for over a week.

Point is, I love my car. But it seems that GM has the worst customer care/technicians of any car company. Hell, my sister's Hyundai gets serviced better than my Cobalt does, lol.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Banned

nothing ever came about it. I still have the car which has been running good since I have had it fixed. I still thank all my friends for helping me out on this issue.

I really want to stay GM... that's all my family buys.. I bought a new GMC Canyon a while back (several months ago) which has not given me one single serious issue. I've taken it into the dealer for cheap oil changes. it gives me love back. The only thing that I had replaced was the backlight for the switch for the headlights which allows you to see the instrument cluster at night. Wipers randomly come on and make a single pass everytime when you drive. Just once though. GM is aware of that problem but doesn't know how to fix it...
Old 04-20-2008, 10:09 PM

nothing ever came about it. I still have the car which has been running good since I have had it fixed. I still thank all my friends for helping me out on this issue.

I really want to stay GM... that's all my family buys.. I bought a new GMC Canyon a while back (several months ago) which has not given me one single serious issue. I've taken it into the dealer for cheap oil changes. it gives me love back. The only thing that I had replaced was the backlight for the switch for the headlights which allows you to see the instrument cluster at night. Wipers randomly come on and make a single pass everytime when you drive. Just once though. GM is aware of that problem but doesn't know how to fix it...
i am suprised you have not herd anything you think GM wouldnt want something like this to pass by on the good sides its done cause of your buddies
Old 04-20-2008, 11:00 PM

Go to the Better Business Bureau....thats the only thing that has ever helped me.