General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Got a question about a speeding ticket

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06REDSS/SC
they only added $40 ticket the cost for it being in a "work zone"

damn u indiana!

double fine here in NY FTL

soon to be double fine and double points in a year or two...;(
Old 07-31-2007, 11:24 PM

one thing u need to learn is never lie to the cops/ there not stupid. but they are smart for pigs
Old 08-01-2007, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by SSbolt
one thing u need to learn is never lie to the cops/ there not stupid. but they are smart for pigs
i never lied to the cop? he caught me going 90 and thats what i fessed up to...was pretty dumb tho as he caught me at the bottom of a big hill, u go from 60 to 85 if u dont break, everyone does 80 thro there at least except the old folk who jack their brakes.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by shawn672
i never lied to the cop? he caught me going 90 and thats what i fessed up to...was pretty dumb tho as he caught me at the bottom of a big hill, u go from 60 to 85 if u dont break, everyone does 80 thro there at least except the old folk who jack their brakes.
You just got a new cobalt?

How do you like it??

Last edited by stangthang; 08-01-2007 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-01-2007, 10:14 AM

I love it, I've wanted one since I they came out in 05 but I really needed a larger vehicle for my work. Now that I don't transport as much equiptment, I wanted to go for a Cobalt, but I got stuck in a horrible lease deal on the Equinox and was going to carry over too much negative equity. One day a GM rep called me and basically said if I took delivery of a new vehicle in the next week, they'd forgive all my future payments on the Equinox, and give me $1,000 cash. idk why they were so generous, dealer said there were a ton of lease deals they were tying to "recall".

So I got rid of my Equinox without owing anything (still had $3,000 in payments and another $4,5000 in "overage mileage charge", leases used to be limited to 36k in 3 years, now their 45k but it's $.25 per mile over 36k).

Plus the dealer is tryin to get rid of all their Cobalt, they didn't have any SS/SC or SS/NA's just 2 LT w/ Sports Package and tons of base balts.
So I got like another 4k off of sticker, plus $1,500 off for supplier pricing. I ended up paying less then $15k for a $21k Cobalt.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:40 PM

Shawn 672, I just picked out my new ride Monday the 6th of August. I was looking at new 2007 SS/SC cobalts, actually put $ down, but found a new 2006 SS/SC at a WI dealership. So, I bought the 2006 model. Got about $3250 in savings, and bought at 0%. It was my LEAST favorite color,victory red, but oh well. I like the Red, just thought it would be nice to get other color, maybe the new red sport tint coat, a darker red. It looks ok I guess.

As for speeding tickets, the object of this post, my experience has been to never admit what you were doing. Do not agree with cop or admit your actual speed. I try to be nice, but give general statement, "I might have been speeding, not sure how much", then act astonished when they explain how you were going 90 in a 65. It happened to me twice lately, and that was BEFORE the cobalt purchase. I am afraid of losing my license now....hehehe... I actually got my first ticket reduced to 1 mph over speed limit. ..the second one was a tougher sell to the DA, so I just paid it. I should have fought that one as well. But I still have a few points left on my license because of what i did with the first ticket. Now I have to be real cool and careful for the next 12 months or so.......right....!!

Have fun with the car,...I too have waited since 2004 or something....

-Stang
Old 08-08-2007, 02:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As long as you learned your lesson then I'm glad to hear it went well for you.

However if you post "Busted again for doing 85 in a 45" then I will flame you, that is all.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:51 PM

Sorry man, but speeding is just plain ignorant. It's one thing to push it on the highway but through the city or when there are workers at the side of the road, not cool at all.

I am sorry if I am preaching here because I know I am not perfect. However, I have worked on the side of the road and it makes you realize how many people ******* rip on by not even giving a ****. All it would take would be one ******* to not be paying attention and to veer off and someone would be dead.

Slow down.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by shawn672
ya in NY if you're doing twice the speed limit they impoud ur car and arrest u for reckless driving...it sucks.
No they dont. its 40 or more over the speed limit.. because u need 11 points to u lose ur license, and 40+ over is an 11 point violation...

i should know seeing as i got pulled over for doin 72 in a 30. he marked it on the ticket down as a 68 in a 30 bc he told me hed have to impound the car and arrest me.

Originally Posted by E-Town SS
Sorry man, but speeding is just plain ignorant. It's one thing to push it on the highway but through the city or when there are workers at the side of the road, not cool at all.

I am sorry if I am preaching here because I know I am not perfect. However, I have worked on the side of the road and it makes you realize how many people ******* rip on by not even giving a ****. All it would take would be one ******* to not be paying attention and to veer off and someone would be dead.

Slow down.
it was an 80 in a 45... if its anything like around here the highways are 55.. 70-75 is the normal crusing speed. when its a work zone the speed limit goes down to a 45, and he aint lyin when he says there are so many work zones that have ZERO work going on in them... so i could def see how he got this ticket, unless it wasnt a highway

Last edited by PuSha050; 08-08-2007 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-08-2007, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jackalope
As long as you learned your lesson then I'm glad to hear it went well for you.

However if you post "Busted again for doing 85 in a 45" then I will flame you, that is all.
sounds like a plan Jack. BTW. Congrats on the six block. I think people are giving rep to you now just to see how high it will go.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by monkeiboy
sounds like a plan Jack. BTW. Congrats on the six block. I think people are giving rep to you now just to see how high it will go.
Actualy I've gotten quite a few negative rep points in the past few weeks cause of this whole RBA and ARBA thing. They all thnk its funny but I'd have block #7 if it wasn't for the silly games.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jackalope
Actualy I've gotten quite a few negative rep points in the past few weeks cause of this whole RBA and ARBA thing. They all thnk its funny but I'd have block #7 if it wasn't for the silly games.
Ya this was on a highway where the speed limit is usually 55 but everyone does 65-70 and cop's target is usually 75+. They put up these bogus work zone signs and put a few orange cones on the side of the road, stretching about 2-3 miles of highway and call it a work zone....there is no construction, no trucks, no equipment, they're not even Mowing the grass...Nothing!

Then they hold one of these "everyone who got a ticket on I-390" nights where they jam everyone into one court room, call you one by one, and ask how you plead and weather or not you took the safety driving class. After you get called you wait in a line and either pay or get an invoice slip and are given 2 weeks to pay. It's all a scam to keep taxes semi-low while still splurging on stupid stuff like cameros for cops and new lazer guns

/rant