General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

HELP me spend money!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
go with the injen intake
header id say the coated pacesetter
i prefer the gmpp exhaust sys. 2 to choose from
cams- comp cams stage 2 (needs tunning) stage 1 supposedly doesnt.
as far as tunning goes, the only things i seen yet are still piggyback units. there where 2 companies gauging interest a few weeks ago for tunners, but i heard nothing yet about it since.

You and i are trying to do the same builds. keep me posted if you find anything out.

P.s. if you do want to turbo later on, it will be a waste of money getting the intake and the header.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nickabud
........and he's getting paid hazard pay to do it.......... Don't get me wrong, I support our troops and have several friends in the armed services, but it is a job. If that was my thing, I would go do it too, but I have other career aspirations. So give it respect, but that doesn't give someone instant king status, so we should all be able to express our opinions without the "He's in the military, you can't say anything against him" mentality coming out and slapping us in the face. Nobody disrespected the fact that he is in the military, so I don't see why your comment was necessary at all.

Because it is uncalled for (and alot of people agreed as well)
Not everyone can afford a SS\SC
And he was asking us for support with his hard earned money what he should do to mod his 2.2
And to come off and say crap like that is disrespectful

Yes i understand he signed the dotted line to join service , but have some respect
People like him (kenhebe) doesnt deserve to even be in a Balt more like a YUGO
in my eyes gives us a bad name

Sorry for comments
But that just tee me off
Old 02-26-2007, 12:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As far as Tuning for those cams, There is none, I'm waiting cause I have $$$$ burning a hole in my bank account waiting for a full motor build.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:17 PM

send to cavy-to-ss...
Old 02-27-2007, 06:57 AM

SYMBIOTELT Those are some good details thanks. Others thanks too for the suggestions. As far as the military comments.....of course this is my job, I volunteered. I am not asking for any sympathy nor should I receive any. FYI hazardous duty pay is only 225 a month. Not bad for being at the tip of the spear in a combat zone. (sarcasm, for those that don't recognize it)

Once again thanks for the suggestions. Now to start on a price list. Looks like bolt ons and nitrous is what I am doing.

Geno
(16 yrs of service for our country)

OK Here you go.

Injen CAI 270
NOS Wet Kit 540
Pacesetter Header(ceramic) 320
GMPP catback Exhaust 440
RK Sports Carbon Fiber Vented Hood 930

TOTAL: 2500 (includes shipping)

What do you think?

Last edited by sanger11; 02-27-2007 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-27-2007, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by mkulrey13
You sir are a *** and dont deserve to be on these forums... a cobalt is a cabalt no matter what trim it is. he got a 2.2 because it fit him better then buying a ss/sc. you bought a ss/sc because it fit you more then buying a 2.2. so stfu and give some respect!

No, most people by the slowbaLT becuase that is all they can afford and have pipe dreams of making it into an ss/sc. They fall into the category of the people who buy the 6 cylinder Mustang. They do not buy it becaues it fits them, they buy it because they cannot afford the GT.

If I took you to a dealership and said that I would buy you any Cobalt you want. You would walk up to the ss/sc and say I want this one. You would not even think twice about the slowbaLT.

Originally Posted by TCarter
now that one was highly uncalled for.

I will not get into it, simply because I will choose not to get in trouble on the site for calling you some choice names.

Its his car, dont tell him to get an SS....hell, you shouldve gotten a STI...no..you shouldve gotten a EVO....if youve gotten a EVO, you shouldve gotten a C5 Corvette...hell, you got a C5 Corvette..you shouldve gotten a Z06 Vette..oh..you got a Z06 Vette, you shouldve gotten a Mercedes...hell you got a mercedes? you shouldve gotten a Z06 Vette with a Lingenfelter performance build!........do you see the point?

You sir, I think should personaly drive a Pinto.

If I could've afforded an Evo or a ZO6, that is exactly what I would be driving. The SS/SC is the best car I can afford and that is why I bought it. TO say that anybody here bought a 2.2 over an ss/sc for any other reasons than monetary is a liar.

Last edited by kenhebe; 02-27-2007 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-27-2007, 10:20 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
so does it matter why he bought the car?
did he ask you personal opinion on what car he should buy b4 he got it? no
did he ask if he should trade it in? no
so stfu
Old 02-28-2007, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by kenhebe
No, most people by the slowbaLT becuase that is all they can afford and have pipe dreams of making it into an ss/sc. They fall into the category of the people who buy the 6 cylinder Mustang. They do not buy it becaues it fits them, they buy it because they cannot afford the GT.

If I took you to a dealership and said that I would buy you any Cobalt you want. You would walk up to the ss/sc and say I want this one. You would not even think twice about the slowbaLT.

If I could've afforded an Evo or a ZO6, that is exactly what I would be driving. The SS/SC is the best car I can afford and that is why I bought it. TO say that anybody here bought a 2.2 over an ss/sc for any other reasons than monetary is a liar.

Are you serious. I bought the "slowbalt" because it was a waste of money in my opinion. to buy the SS. I can spend the money with the difference and make a better car. Plus I wanted a sedan, and they didn't have a 4dr SS at the time. DO I need to tell you I own 40,000 dollar 07 Pilot also. MONEY is not a problem. I just love my kids and have better money to spend it on.

money isn't an issue.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by sanger11
Are you serious. I bought the "slowbalt" because it was a waste of money in my opinion. to buy the SS. I can spend the money with the difference and make a better car. Plus I wanted a sedan, and they didn't have a 4dr SS at the time. DO I need to tell you I own 40,000 dollar 07 Pilot also. MONEY is not a problem. I just love my kids and have better money to spend it on.

money isn't an issue.
By the time you upgrade the motor to give it more power, then upgrade the transmission to compensate for the added power, upgrade the suspension and brakes for the added power, it would have been cheaper to by the ss/sc. It is not just about horsepower.

No offense, but I would not be bragging about spending 40k on a Honda Pilot. You got ripped off. Even if it is the all leather, dvd playing, 4wd. I manage a collision center and have worked on several of those. You would be surprised what you get on that car.

Proof that you got ripped off if you paid 40k

http://www.vehix.com/tv/showroomsVeh...s=75&zip=75028

http://www.nadaguides.com/NewCar/New...-37-5056-0-0-0

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/hond....html?action=1

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...egory=4WD%20EX

You bought a "SUV" built on a Camry chassis and you overpaid by at least 5k. How do you feel getting conned into that?
Old 02-28-2007, 09:39 AM

I decided to purchase the 2.4l ss over the ss/sc primarily because of the automatic transmission (wife is physically unable to drive a stick). If I could have gotten an sc with an auto tranny I probably would have purchased one.

Some people's family needs dictate 4 doors. I already have a sedan, so this was a non-issue for me. Money was not a deciding factor - I paid cash for my 2.4, and I had sufficient cash at the time to purchase both cars if I wanted to. Most people do have higher priority uses for their money, as sanger11 stated.

The point is that everyones needs/wants are different. Price, mileage, comfort, safety, performance and styling are all weighed with different levels of importance when making the purchasing decision. We do not all decide to buy the fastest vehicle that we can afford.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:57 AM

I didn't say that I bought the fastest car that I could afford. I said that I bought the best carthat I could afford. Ic ould have easily bought a slightly used Mustang GT for the same price as the new ss/sc, but all around I think the ss/sc was better.

It handles better, gets better fuel mileage, has more trunk space, a better sound system, and insurance is cheaper.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:10 AM

By the time you upgrade the motor to give it more power, then upgrade the transmission to compensate for the added power, upgrade the suspension and brakes for the added power, it would have been cheaper to by the ss/sc. It is not just about horsepower.

No offense, but I would not be bragging about spending 40k on a Honda Pilot. You got ripped off. Even if it is the all leather, dvd playing, 4wd. I manage a collision center and have worked on several of those. You would be surprised what you get on that car.

Proof that you got ripped off if you paid 40k

http://www.vehix.com/tv/showroomsVeh...s=75&zip=75028

http://www.nadaguides.com/NewCar/New...-37-5056-0-0-0

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/hond....html?action=1

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...egory=4WD%20EX

You bought a "SUV" built on a Camry chassis and you overpaid by at least 5k. How do you feel getting conned into that?
I didn't say that I bought the fastest car that I could afford. I said that I bought the best carthat I could afford. Ic ould have easily bought a slightly used Mustang GT for the same price as the new ss/sc, but all around I think the ss/sc was better.

It handles better, gets better fuel mileage, has more trunk space, a better sound system, and insurance is cheaper.

Would you quit posting in this topic please? You make us SS/SC owners look really bad with your ignorant postings. We already have a bad rep in the cobalt community because of guys like you telling non SS guys they should have bought an SS. Just stop, the rest of us are sick of your poor attitude. It's not your car, so why do you care what he does with it? Grow up a little.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:22 AM

You are assuming everyone has the same mindset as yourself. Not everyone wants the SS/SC regardless of whether it was free or not; I've previously listed the specific reasons why I chose the car I did and won't bother listing them again. Like I said in an earlier thread, if I still cared whether or not Timmy down at the high school had a faster car than me, THEN I would have gotten the SS/SC. No, scratch that, I would have gotten a Viper.

Like the last guy said, you are doing the community no favors by talking down to others.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:45 AM

send them over here and ill help you. lol
Old 02-28-2007, 11:47 AM

SOMEBODY BAN THIS GUY KENHEBE!!!

spent only 32000 on the pilot. Why do I try? fvcking idiots...
Old 02-28-2007, 12:01 PM

Spend the money buy putting it in your bank and adding on to it so you can purchase an ss down the road. Putting money into the 2.2 is a waste.
You do know the the 2.2l engine is the most popular sized tuner engine in the world and with enough money can be modded to put a SS/SC to shame.

Think about it, he pays 14k on a 2.2l, spends $5,000 on a turbo with accessories, Intake, exhaust, new pistons, retuned tranny, and he's making at least 350hp. For LESS than the cost of a stock 2.0l. Plus he still saves money on insurance because how do THEY know what he did.

You're just being a goofy little hater.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sanger11
SOMEBODY BAN THIS GUY KENHEBE!!!

spent only 32000 on the pilot. Why do I try? fvcking idiots...
I agree BAN THAT B**CH!!!!
Hes probley a punk ass kid or really owns a RICE car
And why is he calling our cars SLOWBALTS thats a rice owner term

PUNK ASS!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2007, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Vetteman-sssc
I agree BAN THAT B**CH!!!!
Hes probley a punk ass kid or really owns a RICE car
And why is he calling our cars SLOWBALTS thats a rice owner term

PUNK ASS!!!!!!
Here is a link to my car. I do actually own one.

Obviously I have made a lot of people upset here and that was not my intent. He simply asked for everyone's opinion on what he should do with $2000. I gave him my opinion. I stand by it. When you ask for someone's opinion you might get someone to say something that you don't agree with. Oh well. Deal with it.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Banned

Spend the money buy putting it in your bank and adding on to it so you can purchase an ss down the road. Putting money into the 2.2 is a waste.
X 4,567,656,364,653,234,234,244,234

haha **** i didnt see this guy got ragged on so ill back up my last post , the reason you should not drop 2,000 dollars into a 2.2 is bc later on down the road your gonna want a new car and when you buy that new car your gonna wish you had that 2,000 dollars or at least i sure as hell wish i had the 3,000 i dropped into my last car which was way faster than a 2.2 , i could see if you were going to put it into rims or a drop or something but you want straight performance and 2,000 wont get you that far , put the money into it if you plan on keeping the car for forever but if you just want a quick driver for now i would just tough it out and drive a stock 2.2, get a new car in a couple years and have that 2 grand for the new one thats just my opinion

Last edited by Red2.4SS/SC; 02-28-2007 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-28-2007, 02:07 PM

For about $2,800 you can pick up the M62 supercharger kit for 2.2 and make more power than a 2.0 ss
Old 02-28-2007, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by bigtemps
For about $2,400 you can pick up the M62 supercharger kit for 2.2 and make more power than a 2.0 ss
There ya go. I didn't realize it was so cheap. I thought they'd be around $3,500.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:35 PM
Banned

are you guys changing each others quotes one has 2800 one has 2400 lol pretty funny

and what are you gonna tune that m 62 with on the 2.2

Last edited by Red2.4SS/SC; 02-28-2007 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-28-2007, 02:51 PM

Here is a link to my car. I do actually own one.

Obviously I have made a lot of people upset here and that was not my intent. He simply asked for everyone's opinion on what he should do with $2000. I gave him my opinion. I stand by it. When you ask for someone's opinion you might get someone to say something that you don't agree with. Oh well. Deal with it.
Yes it's your opinion and you are entitled to it, but does it really help out here? NO! SS owners already have a bad rep because there are a lot of people like you who say that stuff to non SS guys. It makes us all look bad. I for one am sick of punk kids projecting negative images of all of us and give us a bad stereotype.

You should be banned for this since the whole philosophy behind banning here seem to be that if you are detouring people from posting or new members joining they are banning people. I guess we will see how much water that holds if you are still here tomorrow. I'll bet you will be.

The next time a 2.2 guy askes for modding advice, just be quiet if you aren't going to help.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Red2.4SS/SC
are you guys changing each others quotes one has 2800 one has 2400 lol pretty funny

and what are you gonna tune that m 62 with on the 2.2
Yeah i edited my post, it did say 2400 first, but that was more of a guestamate, when i actually went to looked up the price it was like 2829, so i changed it.

GM offers a reflash of the PCM for the 2.2 with the M62 (this can be done at the gm dealer), or you could use HPtuner and custom tune it.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by bigtemps
For about $2,800 you can pick up the M62 supercharger kit for 2.2 and make more power than a 2.0 ss

But it won't hook up and the internals are not made to withstand the added power. What good does it do to add more power when it won't hook up.

Originally Posted by Red2.4SS/SC
X 4,567,656,364,653,234,234,244,234

haha **** i didnt see this guy got ragged on so ill back up my last post , the reason you should not drop 2,000 dollars into a 2.2 is bc later on down the road your gonna want a new car and when you buy that new car your gonna wish you had that 2,000 dollars or at least i sure as hell wish i had the 3,000 i dropped into my last car which was way faster than a 2.2 , i could see if you were going to put it into rims or a drop or something but you want straight performance and 2,000 wont get you that far , put the money into it if you plan on keeping the car for forever but if you just want a quick driver for now i would just tough it out and drive a stock 2.2, get a new car in a couple years and have that 2 grand for the new one thats just my opinion
I guess you will have to ban him too since he agrees with me. Just ban everyone that disagrees with you and then there won't be a site.

Last edited by kenhebe; 02-28-2007 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: HELP me spend money!