General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

I feel like an idiot

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 09:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Knowledge is power...an old saying but it really is true. When working on cars remember one thing...a person put it together because they knew what to do. That means if you know what they know you can do it too!!!!

General knowledge starts you off but when you start to tackle something specific get a manual about that specific item and you'll be better prepared.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Red07SSNA
Knowledge is power...an old saying but it really is true. When working on cars remember one thing...a person put it together because they knew what to do. That means if you know what they know you can do it too!!!!

General knowledge starts you off but when you start to tackle something specific get a manual about that specific item and you'll be better prepared.
this is true, but as i do. i pay attention to every detail of what im doing, lil and big. then as u take it apart bag and label it. and remember the order u took it apart so u can reassemble it in the same fashion.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by tyrant1014

It was stock when I got it. So... I would venture a guess that I do know what I'm doing
Nice Jeep man, I want to get a Jeep and set it up similarly.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Killa SS
dude, im 19 as well. its not about age. i sit back and read alot too. mostly. but when ppl are dicks to ppl at ask a question cuz they dont know is bull. im sick of it. if u dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all. **** ur loser rude opinion. help others. dont be a douche. glad ur learning. and ull learn alot hear. just make sure to read and pay attention to what ur reading. cuz sometimes i just start reading and dont remember or pay attention then at the end im like, wtf was that about. haha
haha
i would say im a pretty decent exmaple of this...everything car related i know ive leanred from this forum (or howstuffworks.com in the beginning). I went from not knowing transmissions needed fluid too, to installing a supercharger on my car. I still dont know a lot abot a lot of different car related things, like carburetors for example. But from reading and learning on here, i know a VERY large amount on ecotecs and automotive theory.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:14 AM

hahaha
Old 10-14-2008, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by HunterKiller89
haha
i would say im a pretty decent exmaple of this...everything car related i know ive leanred from this forum (or howstuffworks.com in the beginning). I went from not knowing transmissions needed fluid too, to installing a supercharger on my car. I still dont know a lot abot a lot of different car related things, like carburetors for example. But from reading and learning on here, i know a VERY large amount on ecotecs and automotive theory.
yea same here. thats why i said it.