General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

i think im done with my cobalt already.

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Onyxd04Redline
You can't sue the former owner just because he beat on a car. Stupidest thing i have ever heard
As our resident highschool dropout chevysalesman said above, "reading>you"... If the previous owner beat the **** out of the car and then ditched it when he KNEW something was going to break, he could take him to court. If they find that the tranny was on the fritz and the previous owner sold it for that reason so someone else can deal with it, there is definitely a case. If its the stupidest thing you have ever heard, get out of mommys basement and go read the news section of your local eastbumblef*ck newspaper about auto fraud once in a while.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:35 PM
The Stig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cirrus
As our resident highschool dropout chevysalesman said above, "reading>you"... If the previous owner beat the **** out of the car and then ditched it when he KNEW something was going to break, he could take him to court. If they find that the tranny was on the fritz and the previous owner sold it for that reason so someone else can deal with it, there is definitely a case. If its the stupidest thing you have ever heard, get out of mommys basement and go read the news section of your local eastbumblef*ck newspaper about auto fraud once in a while.
It all depends on the terms of sale to the dealership.

The sale of goods can get complicated.

If he bought the car "as-is" then hes sol. If the car has a powertrain warranty, he is entitled to repair. It's the dealer's responsibility to check out the car before trade-in/purchase from the first owner.

There was no direct transaction with the first owner. That is the most important factor.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:47 PM

I agree, he paid a bit much for the car, HOWEVER, he OP made a post earlier saying "If you cared for cars as much as I do", or something to that effect....To which I would ask this...DO you realize where exactly it is you are posting? I've been on this site since September 05, and to my knowledge I've yet to encounter a single member that doesn't give acrap about his cobalt. We ALL care about our cars....ALOT. Personally, I think you're ranting for no reason.

Fine, you're out of your cobalt for three weeks. Dude, at least your issue is getting fixed and paid for by the dealer! Search through ths entire site, and count how many imes a member has had to fixhis own major issue on by himself. Get over it, and be happy that in three weeks time your problem will be fixed, and you'll be back on the road.

I am one of the most **** people I know when it comes to my car. Ask anyone who knows me, and they'll tell you there is a reason why my 06, bought in Sept 05, still looks brand new in July 07. I had to wat 2 weeks for the infamous shift knob problem to get fixed. Is it a full tranny? Hell no, at least I could drive it, but it still annoyed the **** out of me. It was a problem, it got fixed...

You have a problem, it's getting fixed....Is it wrecked, totaled? No, so just be happy you have the car, and enjoy it when it's on the road again

End of my psuedo-rant
Old 07-30-2007, 09:05 PM

you paid extra for a warranty that is void, if he has more than stage 2.
a total of 27k for a broke down used cobalt.. thats all i'm saying. but it was probably fine till you drove it and messed it up.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:14 PM

Well look at the bright side bro, new tranny for u!

Like mentioned, 3 weeks is probably worst case.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:15 PM

Ouch! If they are fixing it.......great. Still sucks though. GL.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:37 PM

Yeah id be pretty bummed but happy, at 30k your getting a brand new tranny, on a SS/SC Im pretty sure thats what takes the biggest beating
Old 07-30-2007, 11:38 PM
Banned

i understand that my situation is not the worst, its being fixed for free. and thats a great thing. And i also understand that most of you love your cars. Theres just a connection there and im sure you understand it.

A car to me is like my first born child. Have have a new son, and are with it for 23hours, till someone comes and takes it away.

Im making my first car payment on this car without even having it in my possession lol. Im grateful that it is being fixed, while it wont have a NEW transmission, it will be rebuilt and that is a plus on a new car.

The car does not have a stage 2 so no warranties are void. the Engine is all stock to my knowledge, just exhaust.

Its just some of the comments made in this thread were out of control.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:14 AM

Actually bro, stage 2 won't void the warrantee, but I know what you're dealing with, and yes, it does suck.

I'm starting to see a lot of posts sdaying this guy drove it and broke it...Ya'll need to step back, and realize that maybe he didn't break it, maybe he was just the unfrtunate guy who bought a cr with a tranny on the fritz...If anyone here is going to claim that they, at no point in their lives EVER got a car into their possesion that wasn't screwed up to begin with, whether you knew it or not, I'll say you either A-Just got your liscense for the first time, or B-are a liar. We've all had beaters/POS's, that's why we all can appreciate what we have now that much more
Old 07-31-2007, 01:26 AM

Sorry to hear that. I had my trans replaced under warranty and it suprisingly only took a week. I hope yours comes through faster than 3 weeks.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cobalt_Supercharged
Sorry to hear that. I had my trans replaced under warranty and it suprisingly only took a week. I hope yours comes through faster than 3 weeks.
it was only going to be 3 days, they have ti all ready to go..they just need 1 damn part that no one has...they said as soon as hey get the part it will be 2-3 hours and ill be able to drive the car away.

they dont want the car there anymore then i do there losing alot of money everyday by having my car there. its taking up a lift for the car and alot of work space with my transmission just sitting around all taken apart.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:39 AM

wow alot of u guys spout nothing but useless nonsense...wtf guys i thought this was supposed to be a web community that helped people with there car problems not throw it in there face about how much they spent on a car...like who really cares...its his effin car, not yours so why do u all care so much about how much he spent....
Old 07-31-2007, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by KlutchSS
it was only going to be 3 days, they have ti all ready to go..they just need 1 damn part that no one has...they said as soon as hey get the part it will be 2-3 hours and ill be able to drive the car away.

they dont want the car there anymore then i do there losing alot of money everyday by having my car there. its taking up a lift for the car and alot of work space with my transmission just sitting around all taken apart.
That sucks. Best of luck.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:52 AM
Banned

yea i usually have THE BEST of luck with cars. i could buy a car with 250kmiles and beat on it for another 100k miles with no problem..but figures as soon as i buy my first fairly new car, my stroke of luck comes to a halting stop. Things happen for a reason tho.

This > accident
Old 07-31-2007, 02:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by KlutchSS
yea i usually have THE BEST of luck with cars. i could buy a car with 250kmiles and beat on it for another 100k miles with no problem..but figures as soon as i buy my first fairly new car, my stroke of luck comes to a halting stop. Things happen for a reason tho.

This > accident
Thats a good outlook

sorry bout your troubles man,
cars are machines

and machines break down

Good luck, your gunna Fkn love the car when its ready!
Old 08-08-2007, 06:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Onyxd04Redline
27K? I paid 13K for my RL with 20K miles
I paid 12.9 for my 04 rl with 14k miles on it ....(goes back into hole)

Probably some broken linkage.. any info on it yet?