General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Important alignment news...!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Important alignment news...!!!

Well, I took my SS into the dealer to have them put on the new muffler and I had a few other problems for them to look at (Sunroof controls falling off, Passenger side trim probs and the car seems to be pulling a little bit to the left). They ordered a new passenger side panel and the sunroof stuff and they re-aligned the weels for me. All at no cost but what they told me was this.......

Apparently, you can't have the alignment done before 1500kms(sorry for the km's--I live in Canada ) but, alignment readjust is only under warrenty until 20000kms. So I would suggest that you all go and have it checked out just in case before the warrenty is up. The problems happen when the car is in delivery to the dealer - being tightened down on the trucks. That's why you have to wait 1500kms before they will re-align them.

Old 08-23-2005, 10:26 PM
The Stig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My SS also pulls to the left, my cavalier did this as well but that had 120k miles. For now it doesnt bother me but I'll have it realigned next summer.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by MarcS
My SS also pulls to the left, my cavalier did this as well but that had 120k miles. For now it doesnt bother me but I'll have it realigned next summer.
Doesn't bother you now, but try a good highway trip for a couple two-tree hours and see how you feel..............also, think about the winter and how it will handle.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:59 PM
The Stig

I drove 5 hours on the highway to get to my college

I'm used to it from my cavalier although it's not nearly that bad.

It definately is annoying though.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:23 PM

that answers a question of mine

so will the dealer do this no problem?
Old 08-24-2005, 09:27 AM

I suspected mine pulled to the left a tad as well, but it was very hard for me to be absolutely sure since riding on the left on the highway, the road is pitched down to the left anyway for water to run off. That and there are very few roads around here in perfect condition.

It's such a small tug, I'm not going to worry about it. The tires will be worn out by 20K anyway and I will have it re-aligned then. As far as saving the $60 fo getitng it done under warrantly, hell it's not worth the hassel of having to take time off work to get there during business hours and be without my car for any amount of time. It's just not worth it.

I am a little concerned about uneven tire wear resulting from it, but it's such a small tug and the tires wear out so fast on their own, I'm not too concerned.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:42 AM

man it soudns like the SS has alot more problems than my LS does........*knocks on wood*

I hope you guys get all taht stuff fixed soon!
Old 08-26-2005, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Nightcrawler
I suspected mine pulled to the left a tad as well, but it was very hard for me to be absolutely sure since riding on the left on the highway, the road is pitched down to the left anyway for water to run off. That and there are very few roads around here in perfect condition.

It's such a small tug, I'm not going to worry about it. The tires will be worn out by 20K anyway and I will have it re-aligned then. As far as saving the $60 fo getitng it done under warrantly, hell it's not worth the hassel of having to take time off work to get there during business hours and be without my car for any amount of time. It's just not worth it.

I am a little concerned about uneven tire wear resulting from it, but it's such a small tug and the tires wear out so fast on their own, I'm not too concerned.
It was a slight tug for me as well, but on a long highway trip I really got pissed off about it. After having it fixed it feels absolutly great! And, of course, they did it for free!!! It took only an hour or so-------with all the other problems fixed too. Well worth the wait!
Old 08-26-2005, 03:20 AM

I would think misalignment would tear those soft tires all to pieces.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by mafsu
I would think misalignment would tear those soft tires all to pieces.
I suppose if you have a lead foot it could be a problem.