General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Just got my 06 Cobalt today.. Help plz

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got my 06 Cobalt today.. Help plz

Ok. So I just picked my my Cobalt SS Supercharged today and took it for a spin. Felt like it had power and drove nicely. I didn't get on it to much because I figured the engine needed to get worked in a bit. I just got rid of my first car. (00 Mustang v6).

I'm new to this forum and am not quite sure if this is the correct section to be posting this but any help would be appreciated. You guys seem to know what you are talking about.

I have about 1200 $ to spend and live in the USA. I'm all about speed, sound and horsepower. I'm not feeling the stock exhaust that comes with the cobalt and I was wondering a few things..:

1. What exhaust would increase horsepower and make the car sound A LOT better. I'm not into the throaty sound anymore after putting flowmasters on my mustang. I want the street car sound. I was talking to the dealer and he said i would need OEM parts so that it does not void the warranty.

2. I have recently looked into the stage 2 kit and I am definitely considering that. Looks like it is selling for 750 and I am not to sure of how much the cost would be after all is said and done. Would you recommend me getting this? I plan on getting the exhaust soon and the stage 2 kit in a month or so.

The car is simply amazing and i'm young and love cars. Any help from you guys would be great. Thanks!!

p.s. If you have any other ideas on what I should do to it that woudln't exceed the 1200 please let me know.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:35 PM

Exaust can be from anyone, if you put an aftermarket exaust on, you are only voiding the warrantly on the exaust system. So if at that point a hanger falls off, or your magnaflow muffler falls off, they wont cover the repairs. The rest of your warrantly remains intact. In other words if your tranny went, they cant not cover it because of your exaust....

I like my magnaflow. Its not really loud, but I like that because of my Cold air intake people hear my intake scream instead which really turns heads LOL.

I would do stage 2, and an exaust. That would cost ya about 1200, maybe a little more depending on labor. It will be well worth it though

P.S. Glad you like the cobalt. Dont rice it out !
Old 04-24-2006, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by l Sh1ft l
Ok. So I just picked my my Cobalt SS Supercharged today and took it for a spin. Felt like it had power and drove nicely. I didn't get on it to much because I figured the engine needed to get worked in a bit. I just got rid of my first car. (00 Mustang v6).

I'm new to this forum and am not quite sure if this is the correct section to be posting this but any help would be appreciated. You guys seem to know what you are talking about.

I have about 1200 $ to spend and live in the USA. I'm all about speed, sound and horsepower. I'm not feeling the stock exhaust that comes with the cobalt and I was wondering a few things..:

1. What exhaust would increase horsepower and make the car sound A LOT better. I'm not into the throaty sound anymore after putting flowmasters on my mustang. I want the street car sound. I was talking to the dealer and he said i would need OEM parts so that it does not void the warranty.

2. I have recently looked into the stage 2 kit and I am definitely considering that. Looks like it is selling for 750 and I am not to sure of how much the cost would be after all is said and done. Would you recommend me getting this? I plan on getting the exhaust soon and the stage 2 kit in a month or so.

The car is simply amazing and i'm young and love cars. Any help from you guys would be great. Thanks!!

p.s. If you have any other ideas on what I should do to it that woudln't exceed the 1200 please let me know.
First they can't void your warranty for aftermarket parts they can just not warranty the part you replaced. Also if you put an aftermarket part on and it results in damage to your car you will pay for it.

I believe stage 2 is on backorder but it's deffinantly not a bad mod. I would suggest a cai and an exhaust I have flowmaster and you don't want that so I don't know what to reccomend you. Check out the official exhaus thread in the 2.0L section.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by cashstacker
First they can't void your warranty for aftermarket parts they can just not warranty the part you replaced. Also if you put an aftermarket part on and it results in damage to your car you will pay for it.

I believe stage 2 is on backorder but it's deffinantly not a bad mod. I would suggest a cai and an exhaust I have flowmaster and you don't want that so I don't know what to reccomend you. Check out the official exhaus thread in the 2.0L section.

Thanks guys. Definately won't rice it out lol. Add some tint and get the engine some more horse and will be good to go. Got smoked by an rx8 in my v6 mustang. Wanna leave some people in the dustt.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well i dunno ne thing bout stage kits cuz i dont have a supercharged but i do know that most of the poeple would say go with the corsa sport exhaust..its more expensive...but i would say corsa knows exhausts more than just about ne one
Old 04-24-2006, 10:44 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 271 Likes on 184 Posts
Definitely buy Stage 2. As far as what else save some more and get that exhaust, a CAI and a header. You will really enjoy that. Then save some more and do the 300+hp build and you will smile from ear to ear. Then save some more because by that time there will be a retail twin charging system available that will get you to about 400hp. After that save some more so you can buy a nitrous kit and have an insanely fast Cobalt. After all of that is said and done kiss your license goodbye and save for all the fines you now have to pay.
Welcome to the site and enjoy your Cobalt
Old 04-24-2006, 10:58 PM

Hahah!! Ya I'm 17 and turn 18 in 6 months. I already have 2 tickets and another will take my license for a year. Gotta be careful till November.