General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Just ordered my SS!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just ordered my SS!

Hey everyone,
I just came back from the dealership, put in a factory order for a Laster Blue SS Sedan. Unfortunately it is not the S/C version, but the insurance and price difference was a bit too much for me at this time. I figured this is close enough

Came to $23,000 Canadian after All the tax and all the crap. It might still go down if there is a GM promotion at the time when I receiver the car.

Should be here just in time for the summer.

I've got a question for anyone in Canada that may have dealt with the modding / warranty issue. I would like to put in a custom stereo and a remote starter in this car, like I've done to other cars, but the sales guy said there MIGHT be a problem with GM if I have to take it in for warranty. Now all the work I do is quality and I can back it up in case there is a problem, so is it possible that I may be denied warranty service?
Old 12-29-2005, 05:07 PM

im not from but i really don't think you have to worry about the radio issues... about the remote start... um shouldn't be too much of a problem, i'd think it's like any other alarm system with remote start...

my .02
Old 12-29-2005, 10:46 PM

ahhh cool laser blue! Question, can you put a down payment for it now and get the red tag price? or do you have to wait for the car? I understand payment is a contract saying you like what you bought and its right, but is there a way to deal with it? if so you could do that. doesnt the hhr have remote start? maybe GM can install one for you and have it under warranty...
Old 12-29-2005, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by stlurbanpunk
ahhh cool laser blue! Question, can you put a down payment for it now and get the red tag price? or do you have to wait for the car? I understand payment is a contract saying you like what you bought and its right, but is there a way to deal with it? if so you could do that. doesnt the hhr have remote start? maybe GM can install one for you and have it under warranty...
They way it works here in Canada is you put down $1000 now, and pay the rest when you receiver the car. You can't get the Red Tag (Ring in and Win in Canada) if you order it in, BUT you can get whatever promotion is going on at the time when you receiver it.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:42 AM

do you think there will always be deals like this? or are they going back to just cash back incetives?
Old 12-31-2005, 03:41 AM

I'm thinking it is just temporary... im thinking that as soon as GM gets out of their little(or shall i say rather large) rut they are in, it will go back to the way it was before...