General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

The Last Cobalt

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 02:30 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Adirondack_Cobalt
if I wanted a Korean-designed sh*tbox, i'd buy a goddamn Kia.
I don't want a Korean-designed piece of crap... I want an affordable two door coupe with some nuts under the hood.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mysweetSS
All this rant about parts breaking because it's a cheap car is BS!!! You are admitting to beating the crap out of your car. Try doing that to and EVO or STI that cost $10k more and you will break stuff too. Heck do it to a 370Z, M3, Camaro, ect and you are going to break stuff! How about stop beating the crap out of it and then see how reliable it is! I am not saying have fun with it, just don't complain when stuff goes wrong after abuse.
/end
Ok boss, whatever you say. I treat the car the way i want to be treated i dont beat the **** out of it like your assuming i do. You dont know me nor how i drive so who are you to tell me how i am driving the car? Hell I've even been pro-active posting the problems about MY specific car and trying to get some outside the box thinking from the knowledgable guys on here. They helped me out and 9 out of 10 times they were right. Your going to sit there and tell me I beat on it? I posted my opinion, my opinion has the weight of my personal ownership for 6 months, of which the car has been to the shop 6 times. NONE of the parts that went on the car were caused from someone "beating the ****" out of it. Parts failed like a lean injector, catalytic converter..etc. SO you can just keeping thinking your false assumption.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by 06yellowburdSS
Ok boss, whatever you say. I treat the car the way i want to be treated i dont beat the **** out of it like your assuming i do. You dont know me nor how i drive so who are you to tell me how i am driving the car? Hell I've even been pro-active posting the problems about MY specific car and trying to get some outside the box thinking from the knowledgable guys on here. They helped me out and 9 out of 10 times they were right. Your going to sit there and tell me I beat on it? I posted my opinion, my opinion has the weight of my personal ownership for 6 months, of which the car has been to the shop 6 times. NONE of the parts that went on the car were caused from someone "beating the ****" out of it. Parts failed like a lean injector, catalytic converter..etc. SO you can just keeping thinking your false assumption.
then go buy a goddamn Honda and be done with it damnit.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by thedude411
so those r the guys that assembled my car... no wonder its a POS... i wouldnt trust those guys to bag my groceries

is that one guy wearing the rare cobalt tshirt that everyone was making a big deal about not too long ago on here?

to the classic plate... i think it has to be a limited production model not trim level
Hahaha I was thinking the same thing even though i dont drive a cobalt... haha i had a chuckle to my self with a almost silent "wtf"
Old 07-17-2010, 09:39 AM

^ Thank You ^
Old 07-18-2010, 01:43 PM

I had the option and did not pursue the honda because I was attracted to this car. Granted if I bought one brand new perhaps I wouldnt have some of the problems I have experienced and perhaps I would have a different perspective on this car and im very open to that. So.....why are you giving me attitude about my opinion?

For anyone who quoted me and my post and then told your story about your own car, im happy for you that you had a good experience with this car, I wish I had. But just because I did not doesnt mean you have to flip out and tell me things you think im doing. Gotta love the internet.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:01 PM

I had the option and did not pursue the honda because I was attracted to this car. Granted if I bought one brand new perhaps I wouldnt have some of the problems I have experienced and perhaps I would have a different perspective on this car and im very open to that. So.....why are you giving me attitude about my opinion?

For anyone who quoted me and my post and then told your story about your own car, im happy for you that you had a good experience with this car, I wish I had. But just because I did not doesnt mean you have to flip out and tell me things you think im doing. Gotta love the internet.
it gets old.
big time.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by PpAzZ1101
That's absolutely false. I really hope he was kidding with that post. You cannot register any Cobalt with a classic, antique, or collectible plate. To suggest otherwise is utterly absurd.
I thought the rule for classic plates was if the car was at least 15 years old, or the car is no longer in production ??
Old 08-13-2010, 07:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

LMAO.. The greatest way to end the production of a ****-box is literally make the shittiest model in the shittiest color.. *clap clap clap*

The ss/sc and ss/tc are both rare in my area, base models are all over.

But honestly, Cobalt was a ******* joke anyway.. Poor safety reviews, recalls, etc.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by xxxxsh4d0wxxxx

LMAO.. The greatest way to end the production of a ****-box is literally make the shittiest model in the shittiest color.. *clap clap clap*

But honestly, Cobalt was a ******* joke anyway.. Poor safety reviews, recalls, etc.
If you dont have anything nice to say...
Old 08-13-2010, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Axelthered05
If you dont have anything nice to say...
Man, come on.. A white base model.. Are you ******* kidding me? 5 years of production, 1.1 million units sold, and they finish it with a white base model, this is killing Cobalt enthusiasts everywhere..

And have you ever heard of a vehicle consumer report? You know, like real people who report on vehicles that are daily driven, and driven like a car. Not this Motor-Trend bullshit where they rate it on their own scale, I mean a real owner scale.. The Cobalt had HORRIBLE ratings from safety ****, all the way to recalls, and also a mile long list of TSB's.

Let's be honest here.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, come on.. A white base model.. Are you ******* kidding me? 5 years of production, 1.1 million units sold, and they finish it with a white base model, this is killing Cobalt enthusiasts everywhere..
LOL Don't take it so personal.

I'm a Cobalt enthusiast but I'm completely indifferent whether the last car was an LS, an SS, was white, black, red or polka-dotted.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by css9450
LOL Don't take it so personal.

I'm a Cobalt enthusiast but I'm completely indifferent whether the last car was an LS, an SS, was white, black, red or polka-dotted.
No, I know, I was just kidding about that part..

Really though, you'd think it would be something a little more extravagant.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:45 PM

open-air concept as the last lol. bring the balt back
Old 08-14-2010, 03:31 AM

Excuse me? White SS/TC's are the best looking stock Cobalt that was made IMO, and based on the jizz that flew on this board when the first 09 TC was posted here, I think many agree.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:05 AM

im sad that they stopped production
im sad that gm didn't make the cobalt SS/Sc & TC much better
but im glad they stopped because they might have ruined the car eventually,*cough*Cavalier*cough*
i guess a good thing can't last forever
Old 08-14-2010, 12:58 PM

Powertrain's what matters, and they considering how bad the base model is the SS/TC is a great car. Spanks a lot of stuff that costs a lot more.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by css9450
lolz

The last production model should have been a t/c with LS bumpers and polka-dots..

Old 08-14-2010, 03:50 PM

Anyone see th edocumentary on HBO called "the last Truck"? it was about the Trailbalzer/Envoy/Rainer plant that closed. The last truck was a White Envoy Denali. They signed all of the ineer door skins beore they put the door panels on. imagine going to change a window motor and seeing that!

It was an 06 and you had it 6 months, it was sold July of 2010. So you bought it used? if so thats why its broken. the previous owner beat the hell out of it. i have an 06 with 114K and ive only had to replace a wheel bearing.

Last edited by LS6Rally; 08-14-2010 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-14-2010, 03:59 PM

There goes the white again! Although it did look good on the Envoy Denali.. And at least it was a Denali!
Old 08-14-2010, 04:37 PM

hey hey hey i ownz a 2.2, so chill
might be a 2.2, but it's what you make of it that counts
Old 08-15-2010, 11:29 AM

I didn't know Santa Claus made Cobalts when it wasn't Christmas.. lol

He's to the right in the orange hat thing..
Old 08-15-2010, 11:35 AM

You guys may not realize this, but the plant does not dictate what cars go down the line, Dealers order cars and they are built. The last Viper off the line was pretty sweet though, custom paint and signed by all workers.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/viper/last-2010-viper.html
Old 08-16-2010, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by PRND3L
You guys may not realize this, but the plant does not dictate what cars go down the line, Dealers order cars and they are built. The last Viper off the line was pretty sweet though, custom paint and signed by all workers.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/viper/last-2010-viper.html
That's a sweet lookin viper, but yeah you can blame our goverment for stepping in to help GM get out of debt, if it wasn't for that I'm sure the Cobalt would of lasted longer, I will admit the cobalt is over rated with safety crap, and ppl give shiz about it, but still I love my car that's all that matters lol