General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

lnf decisions

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@nfamous-lol haha yeah you sure did and sounds good bro..and the hunt continues lol
@ hyperfocus- lol sure do just looking after his balt till he comes back from deployment, It was sitting at the dealer for the longest time...lol
@leemanfor-i honestly think they both look sexy ass hell lmao
Old 02-10-2013, 03:15 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A guy that works on cars for a living that is too lazy to bolt on some parts lol, either way lnf or turbo swap are both good choice. Also it dont take alot of money to improve the lsj handling iv already covered that, but i nothing trans mounts and axles was mention, stage 1 axle are 125 bucks and tranny mounts are like 150 or close depending on the setup, tge stopping distance WAS very close between brembos and lsj brakes.

Last edited by Vander Nars; 02-10-2013 at 03:26 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HyperFocus
^^got some carsitting going on? lol
Yea im deployed to Afghanistan and my car was sitting at the dealer. So decided to have a friend picc her up and have fun with her til i get home. ( well trusted of course)
Old 02-10-2013, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Vander Nars
A guy that works on cars for a living that is too lazy to bolt on some parts lol, either way lnf or turbo swap are both good choice. Also it dont take alot of money to improve the lsj handling iv already covered that, but i nothing trans mounts and axles was mention, stage 1 axle are 125 bucks and tranny mounts are like 150 or close depending on the setup, tge stopping distance WAS very close between brembos and lsj brakes.
Ur retarded.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:57 PM

^
Old 02-10-2013, 01:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kikal8
Ur retarded.
LSJ stops 60 - 0 119 feet

LNF stops 60 - 0 116 feet

U wont notice 3 feet on the street, for autocross im sure its great but I only see a few people on here doing that, I can see ur not mentally capable of having a civil debate so ill just let u sit in ur corner and pout like a child.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Nfamous60
Yea im deployed to Afghanistan and my car was sitting at the dealer. So decided to have a friend picc her up and have fun with her til i get home. ( well trusted of course)
that does take some serious trust im not sure id leave my car in any of my friends hands .

oh and be safe over there man, and thanks for your service to MERICA!
Old 02-10-2013, 01:39 PM

U wont notice 3 feet on the street, for autocross im sure its great but I only see a few people on here doing that, I can see ur not mentally capable of having a civil debate so ill just let u sit in ur corner and pout like a child.
sure if you strictly DD (no pulls or racing or track days) you will never use either brake to their potential, but even if you dont AutoX and just do some mexico pulls the brembos are a much better brake to be doing 100+ mph stops from with all the extra heat (having some nice 130-0 distances over a few back to back trials would show this). Trying to argue that a GM single piston caliper on smaller rotor is at par performance wise with a Brembo 4 piston caliper and larger rotor is some ricer ****
Old 02-10-2013, 01:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by padlock
sure if you strictly DD (no pulls or racing or track days) you will never use either brake to their potential, but even if you dont AutoX and just do some mexico pulls the brembos are a much better brake to be doing 100+ mph stops from. Trying to argue that a GM single piston caliper on smaller rotor is at par performance wise with a Brembo 4 piston caliper and larger rotor is some ricer ****
when did I ever say it was on par performance wise? I dont remember saying that at all, maybe u should try reading the post before u respond I said u wont notice the 3 feet difference on the street I never said they where on par.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:56 PM

Im not even debating. I dont see the point. I dont see the point in writing a paragraph anymore because u guys have no argument. He lnf is a better car in pretty much every way stock vs stock. Do i see the point in spending thousands to make my lsj up to par with an lnf. Its just a stupid argument. I could trade in my lsj for an lnf and simply have a slightly higher payment. Then spend a little on small mods to get it up to 300 or so hp. Then thats it. The car would be for the most part reliable. I dont think a rediculously modded lsj would be reliable for very long
Old 02-10-2013, 01:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that does take some serious trust im not sure id leave my car in any of my friends hands .

oh and be safe over there man, and thanks for your service to MERICA!
he's trust worthy drives like i do so i dnt wrry bou my car, hes not a highway bash the gas junky... plus most my parts im giving to him so he wont break them. lol
Old 02-10-2013, 01:59 PM

you're implying having Brembos "isnt a big deal" (pretty much a re-phrased way of saying theres no point in the "upgrade") when in actuality there's more to them than just that 3ft number you keep repeating cuz its all you can google lol
Old 02-10-2013, 02:02 PM
Banned

Im not even debating. I dont see the point. I dont see the point in writing a paragraph anymore because u guys have no argument. He lnf is a better car in pretty much every way stock vs stock. Do i see the point in spending thousands to make my lsj up to par with an lnf. Its just a stupid argument. I could trade in my lsj for an lnf and simply have a slightly higher payment. Then spend a little on small mods to get it up to 300 or so hp. Then thats it. The car would be for the most part reliable. I dont think a rediculously modded lsj would be reliable for very long
They are plenty of modded lsj that are doing fine on high mileage because of proper maintenance just like Iv seen lightly modded lnf that run like **** do to poor maintenance, I would have guessed this is something they teach you before they allow u to work on a car but I guess not. Its all about how to take care of ur car.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Nfamous60
he's trust worthy drives like i do so i dnt wrry bou my car, hes not a highway bash the gas junky... plus most my parts im giving to him so he wont break them. lol
oh i see, that makes more sense he has some incentive to be easy on the car lol jk
Old 02-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by padlock
you're implying having Brembos "isnt a big deal" (pretty much a re-phrased way of saying theres no point in the "upgrade") when in actuality there's more to them than just that 3ft number you keep repeating cuz its all you can google lol
Even if thats true I never said they where on par, I said on the street its not that big of a deal because that's what tons of guys that swap over from the lsj to the lnf have reported, and the numbers that have been provided, Im not saying someone should buy an lnf as an upgrade, Im just debating the misinformation that kikal8 posted about a heavily modded lsj cant be reliable.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:32 PM

They are plenty of modded lsj that are doing fine on high mileage because of proper maintenance just like Iv seen lightly modded lnf that run like **** do to poor maintenance, I would have guessed this is something they teach you before they allow u to work on a car but I guess not. Its all about how to take care of ur car.
God u r one ignorant little piece of garbage. Ur telling me that i could mod the living **** out of my car but aslong as i do the regular maintenance the car will be reliable? Just please stop being a know it all. Nobody likes that type of person. Especially when they r rude to top it all off.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Banned

God u r one ignorant little piece of garbage. Ur telling me that i could mod the living **** out of my car but aslong as i do the regular maintenance the car will be reliable? Just please stop being a know it all. Nobody likes that type of person. Especially when they r rude to top it all off.
U called me a retard and a piece of garbage but somehow im the one being rude? I also didn't say u can mod the living **** out of ur car, I said u can turbo swap it and it will be reliable in the hands of a reliable adult that knows how to maintain a car.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:44 PM

Even if thats true I never said they where on par, I said on the street its not that big of a deal because that's what tons of guys that swap over from the lsj to the lnf have reported, and the numbers that have been provided, Im not saying someone should buy an lnf as an upgrade, Im just debating the misinformation that kikal8 posted about a heavily modded lsj cant be reliable.
Dude i think you are a little overly defensive of the LSJ. Most everyone here knows it is a great car and has tons of potential.

The fact remains that extensive mods to a car is going to make it less reliable. This doesnt mean its unreliable and is going to break down, just means it is less reliable than it was in stock form. You cant really say mods are going to make your car more reliable now can you? This goes for LSJ and LNF.

Also, it is a tad difficult to understand some of your posts when you dont use any periods.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:46 PM

U called me a retard and a piece of garbage but somehow im the one being rude? I also didn't say u can mod the living **** out of ur car, I said u can turbo swap it and it will be reliable in the hands of a reliable adult that knows how to maintain a car.
Idk u kno this but turboing a car that wasnt originally turboed is modding the **** out of it. Just because a company makes a complete swap kit doesnt mean its a normal mod. Theres a reason it costs 4,000 dollars and most the time more. This is a pointless argument. I obviously have my opinion and u have urs. To be honest, i dot see the point in this so just stop. Im losing interest in this debate because its running in circles. Think what u want. One day when u grow up u may realize that having a car that u can rely on 24/7 is incredibly important. Ull learn ur own way. Unless u have rich parents that pay for all ur **** which is probably the case since u have such an ignorant thought process. But anyway. Ull learn. Take it or leave it. Later
Old 02-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Banned

Dude i think you are a little overly defensive of the LSJ. Most everyone here knows it is a great car and has tons of potential.

The fact remains that extensive mods to a car is going to make it less reliable. This doesnt mean its unreliable and is going to break down, just means it is less reliable than it was in stock form. You cant really say mods are going to make your car more reliable now can you? This goes for LSJ and LNF.

Also, it is a tad difficult to understand some of your posts when you dont use any punctuation.
Yes u can say mods make ur car more reliable if u replaced a weak or broken item with a better aftermarket item, that would be a mod and more reliable then the weaker item that broke. aka axle swap on a lsj for stage 1 axles would make the lsj more reliable during a launch because the new axles are less likey to break then the old ones.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:52 PM
Banned

Idk u kno this but turboing a car that wasnt originally turboed is modding the **** out of it. Just because a company makes a complete swap kit doesnt mean its a normal mod. Theres a reason it costs 4,000 dollars and most the time more. This is a pointless argument. I obviously have my opinion and u have urs. To be honest, i dot see the point in this so just stop. Im losing interest in this debate because its running in circles. Think what u want. One day when u grow up u may realize that having a car that u can rely on 24/7 is incredibly important. Ull learn ur own way. Unless u have rich parents that pay for all ur **** which is probably the case since u have such an ignorant thought process. But anyway. Ull learn. Take it or leave it. Later
lol aww dont run away crying now, and who needs to grow up? that be u! acting like a child calling names because someone has a different opinion then you is not mature so u let me know when u learn something about acting like an adult.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:54 PM

Yes u can say mods make ur car more reliable if u replaced a weak or broken item with a better aftermarket item, that would be a mod and more reliable then the weaker item that broke. aka axle swap on a lsj for stage 1 axles would make the lsj more reliable during a launch because the new axles are less likey to break then the old ones.
Yes thats true, some aftermarket parts are better than than stock ones (axles, IC's, etc). I was talking mainly about turbo swaps
Old 02-10-2013, 03:31 PM

Yes thats true, some aftermarket parts are better than than stock ones (axles, IC's, etc). I was talking mainly about turbo swaps
So was i. I dont know wat kid of idiot would say that stage 1 axles rnt going to be better than the stock ones. Obviously. Im talking power mods not suspension mods or brakings mods. If u honesty have been arguing with me about tht this whole time then ur a moron. The whole time ive been saying that putting a turbo swap on ur car is GOING to make ur lsj less reliable. I dont care what u say. But its going to be a fact. The only reason i mentioned suspension mods and braking mods at all was because i was pointig out the expense of turboing an lsj.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:13 PM
Banned

Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts
its useless to argue with vander. the LSJ is the god king of engines for him and he gets defensive if you try to point out otherwise.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by leemanfor
its useless to argue with vander. the LSJ is the god king of engines for him and he gets defensive if you try to point out otherwise.
It is a great engine and it can take ALOT of abuse but damn.

Quick Reply: lnf decisions