General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Is this a MEMBER!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 06:50 PM
Moderator Alumni
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Seaform is older than Jesus. I use it and recommend it.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol isnt that the new CC08?? i see the red mess inserts. just need to see the wing and mirrors to confirm..
Old 01-30-2009, 06:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeyMo84
wait 1/3 in the oil 1/3 in the crankcase?? isnt that the same thing??
he made a mistake. he meant to say 1/3 in your oil, 1.3 in your gas, 1/3 in the intake via any vacuum line (or straight down the TB)
Old 01-30-2009, 07:12 PM

That is sick's car, who was banned yesterday... hopefully permanently.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:14 PM

lol i wasnt aware that he got banned. thank god he did thou. he was a dick
Old 01-30-2009, 07:31 PM
BCM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did mine at 21k. My car felt like it drove a little smoother over all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwRzoPd-R54
Old 01-30-2009, 10:03 PM

im gonna do this even tho the cars running great its got 70k and i lost to a v6 auto mustang (stock) so i feel like its not performing like it should
Old 01-30-2009, 10:12 PM
Banned

For those asking,
1. you can get it at walmart, auto stores, it's a white can, red lettering, about 8 bucks depending.
2. Yeah I meant a vacuum line lol, I used the one closest to the firewall in my old car, haven't done it to the RL yet. I'd take a pic and show but it's night and I haven't done it to my car yet. If you pull a line and it doesn't have vacuum to it and make your car sound like it's cammed then you didn't pull a correct one, try again.
3. In the oil will not hurt a thing, you put it in and let it sit for 10 mins or so before an oil change, in and out.
4. Once you do it you probably won't need to do it for well, 30-50k+ miles, I did it 2 times to my old car, the second time was about 40k miles after the first, didn't do anything really.

I'll outline the basic procedure for doing for #2, the other ones are next to idiot proof .

1. Make sure your engine is warm and ready to be revd some, don't want a cracked block .
2. If you're new to it, neutral your car if your manual and e-brake it, pull a vacuum line and put your finger over it to assure you pulled the correct line. Your finger will obv get "sucked in" if it is.
3. Get a plastic cup or something and fill it with the amount of seafoam that you'd like to use.

**For the next step you'll probably want someone to help you**

4. You - Choose to rev the engine up to a steady 2-3k rpms while whoever isn't reving feeds the cup of seafoam gradually into the vacuum line, slow and steady wins the race, well sometimes, and this time it does :rofl:. It will of course suck it up on it's own since it's a vacuum line, just make sure to keep the rpms steady and communicate with the person feeding the seafoam as to pull off a little bit or not, so you don't bog the engine down and cause it to shut off.
5. When all the seafoam is gone, turn the car off and reconnect the line you pulled, can close the hood now. Go grab a beer or two, let it sit for 10-20 minutes and clean **** out .
6. Go ahead back out and make sure you're in a ventilated area.
7. Turn the car on and give it some high RPM revs, some mids, and so forth, until you see minimal smoke coming out of the exhaust.
8. Once the majority is gone, take it for a spin and redline it a time or two to get it all out.

Congrats you got a clean and happy LSJ now LOL. Go to the gas station and fill it up and add the rest to your tank if you're not doing an oil change and putting any in there.

Hope it makes it clearer for some of you guys, don't think I really left anything out lol.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:22 PM

i demand a how to with pictures...your descriptions are not good enough! nah jk but it would be helpful.... is it reccomended to put it straight down the throttle body? (saw someone say that) it would def be easier than a vac line
Old 01-31-2009, 02:25 PM
Banned

hmm gives me an excuse to seafoam her. lol.
i wouldn't put it straight down the throttlebody that's going overboard imo, you put it through a vac line and it will take it in nice and slow and give it more time to stick to the **** you don't want cleaned out.
throttle body would actually be more work than a vac line, vac line you just pull and sucks it up, TB you'd have to undo a few more things.
may do a how to when i get a warm day here. **** winter.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by daythecountrydied21
hmm gives me an excuse to seafoam her. lol.
i wouldn't put it straight down the throttlebody that's going overboard imo, you put it through a vac line and it will take it in nice and slow and give it more time to stick to the **** you don't want cleaned out.
throttle body would actually be more work than a vac line, vac line you just pull and sucks it up, TB you'd have to undo a few more things.
may do a how to when i get a warm day here. **** winter.

i agree... i have 20k on my balt but im kind of worried about doing something like this *talked to a bunch of my friends and people i work with *all ase certified master techs*and only one of them even knew about this stuff and advised me away from it.... so idk let me know if it works for ya!
Old 01-31-2009, 02:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AdamJay
i agree... i have 20k on my balt but im kind of worried about doing something like this *talked to a bunch of my friends and people i work with *all ase certified master techs*and only one of them even knew about this stuff and advised me away from it.... so idk let me know if it works for ya!
lol i know that it works, did it on my old car cause it was idling rough and high at like 1.3-1.5k not even moving.
seafoamed her and idled at like 700 or so. took away some of the hesitation.
anyone who tells you to stray away from it is a moron.
i always reccomend throwing some in the gas tank for people who talk to me and i diagnose clogged injectors or things of the sort.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Acey
That is sick's car, who was banned yesterday... hopefully permanently.
i, for one, want sick unbanned
Old 01-31-2009, 07:52 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by AdamJay
i demand a how to with pictures...your descriptions are not good enough! nah jk but it would be helpful.... is it reccomended to put it straight down the throttle body? (saw someone say that) it would def be easier than a vac line

Stu has a how-to already up . All i did was search seafoam

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...hlight=seafoam
Old 01-31-2009, 08:04 PM

WTH is wrong with the car's brake lights in the first 6 seconds?
Old 01-31-2009, 11:10 PM

Hey I was wondering if anyone could give any thoughts...
I've got an older pickup with ~200k that occasionally burns a bit of oil, nothing crazy tho. I read about seafoam and thought it might help it run a little smoother at idle and stuff. Think it's worth a try, or am I likely to do more harm than good?
Old 02-17-2009, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dead Zen
i, for one, want sick unbanned
lol..here i am..and yes that is my car..