General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

more new rumors on a new camaro

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
more new rumors on a new camaro

linky.

http://www.thecarmagazine.com/en/inf...tid=39241&pg=1

pics are old but the article is new. i really do hope they come out with a new camaro. mustang eating camaro. 400hp z28 (LS2 Engine), 500hp ss (427 7.0L LS7 Engine). ooh that will be so nice. possibly a 350 hp RS (possibly the older LS1 or LS6 Engine. or give it the new cts 250hp v6. keep it all ohv. that would be sweet.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:03 PM
Proud Playstation 3 Owner

The silver is the best looking concept for the new camaros.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:18 PM

ill definatly be ordering one when they decide to make them, but i heard they pushed back the project on that though.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:24 PM

i think the retro looking ones look hotter. than the silver ones.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:55 AM

Any pics of the silver ones?
Old 04-22-2005, 08:57 AM

I like the GREEN one!
Old 04-22-2005, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by cs_88
Any pics of the silver ones?
It's in that article.

I like the silver the best. But I also like the retro ones also. If they announced they were making those next year I would wait and buy one. But, I know it will take more time than that.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:17 AM

I wish american car companies would stop duking it out over cars like this and realize they are getting theri ass kicked by out fo country companies... Dont get me wrong I love american muscle cars but sticking with them for too long is what put chevy dodge and ford where they are now....
Old 04-22-2005, 11:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chevy4Life85
I wish american car companies would stop duking it out over cars like this and realize they are getting theri ass kicked by out fo country companies... Dont get me wrong I love american muscle cars but sticking with them for too long is what put chevy dodge and ford where they are now....

It made them profitable until they discontinued the cars in 01/02, since then they've made **** with the expection of the GTO. To this day I still see more Chevy muscle on the road then I do Ford. That says alot about a brand, it sells. Others just don't.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:41 PM

This one owns....reminds me a lot of the C6 Design motto. Preserve the past but dont plagurize it.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:42 PM
Banned

This one owns....reminds me a lot of the C6 Design motto. Preserve the past but dont plagurize it.

sharp
Old 04-26-2005, 11:16 PM

Wow, that looks wicked good. I think the retro looking cars are so much better, I'd kill for a new Mustang. Isnt the new Vette a mixture between some of the old body styles?
Old 04-27-2005, 12:50 AM

if they were to ever build that red one...i would have ordered it like yesterday.../end drool
Old 04-27-2005, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by RockTheSVT
Wow, that looks wicked good. I think the retro looking cars are so much better, I'd kill for a new Mustang. Isnt the new Vette a mixture between some of the old body styles?
Yeah its like a blend, and then something new (headlights)
Old 04-27-2005, 01:51 AM

This looks a lot like the Sky though...
Old 04-27-2005, 04:26 AM

Agreed.

The guy who wrote this article needs to get a few facts straight, in the last paragraphs he says "Rather than build a mass-market muscle car, why not come to the game with a premium-level player. Only offer a powerful V8, and why not mix it up with a fully independent suspension system? At least then a new rear-drive platform doesn't need to be developed. If Camaro were to go upmarket, just a bit, it could also offer better interior quality too, a cabin that doesn't punish the 50-something boomer who's giving up his Bimmer in order to relive his teen years and the muscle car era all at once."

That car in itself is the GTO, that is EXACTLY what GM did with the GTO, and exactly what it has achieved, perhaps he is to busy ******* on its "dated" looks to realize this, or the fact that last march sales of the gto were up 80% from the year before.

-

I can tell you that the new Camaro is going to try and sucseed where the old one couldn't. Meaning you will see a bigger difference between the SS and Z28 models. You won't see the 7.0 in it. That engine is hand built, and would drive the price up by a wide margine. You will most likely see a base model V6 trim, most likely the 3.6L 240HP from the GTP G6. The Z28 will likely move to the LS4, 5.3L V8 thats currently in the Grand Prix GTP. In that form tis making 303HP because it in FWD it starts to break transmissions, so it will likely be upped to 320 at least. Finally you will see the SS move tot he LS2, with the 6.0 from the GTO. But you will see it top out around 29K I believe, so it may be downtuned to 380-390 to keep the more expensive GTO faster.

I expect the V6 to be around 16-19K, the Z from 21-24K, and the SS from 26-29K.

May or many not see dual exhaust as it wasn't a disgrace to not have it like it was on the GTO, You will see a higher driving position, with less sleak lines for the hood to appease the complains of not being able to see the front of the car when parking. Shorter doors, and a better interior, with 5speed auto and 6speed manual options.

Oh and dont expect an all out retro queen like the Mustang, GM is aware of the Stang and wants to differentiate between it as much as possible, meaning it will have cues, but wont be all out. They want a car that can sell well over time, not one that has to constantly be altered a tiny bit to keep sales from falling off because its so overdone...I.e. every other retro car ever made.

Just some educated gueses sprinkled with facts.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Nocturn
Agreed.

The guy who wrote this article needs to get a few facts straight, in the last paragraphs he says "Rather than build a mass-market muscle car, why not come to the game with a premium-level player. Only offer a powerful V8, and why not mix it up with a fully independent suspension system? At least then a new rear-drive platform doesn't need to be developed. If Camaro were to go upmarket, just a bit, it could also offer better interior quality too, a cabin that doesn't punish the 50-something boomer who's giving up his Bimmer in order to relive his teen years and the muscle car era all at once."

That car in itself is the GTO, that is EXACTLY what GM did with the GTO, and exactly what it has achieved, perhaps he is to busy ******* on its "dated" looks to realize this, or the fact that last march sales of the gto were up 80% from the year before.

-

I can tell you that the new Camaro is going to try and sucseed where the old one couldn't. Meaning you will see a bigger difference between the SS and Z28 models. You won't see the 7.0 in it. That engine is hand built, and would drive the price up by a wide margine. You will most likely see a base model V6 trim, most likely the 3.6L 240HP from the GTP G6. The Z28 will likely move to the LS4, 5.3L V8 thats currently in the Grand Prix GTP. In that form tis making 303HP because it in FWD it starts to break transmissions, so it will likely be upped to 320 at least. Finally you will see the SS move tot he LS2, with the 6.0 from the GTO. But you will see it top out around 29K I believe, so it may be downtuned to 380-390 to keep the more expensive GTO faster.

I expect the V6 to be around 16-19K, the Z from 21-24K, and the SS from 26-29K.

May or many not see dual exhaust as it wasn't a disgrace to not have it like it was on the GTO, You will see a higher driving position, with less sleak lines for the hood to appease the complains of not being able to see the front of the car when parking. Shorter doors, and a better interior, with 5speed auto and 6speed manual options.

Oh and dont expect an all out retro queen like the Mustang, GM is aware of the Stang and wants to differentiate between it as much as possible, meaning it will have cues, but wont be all out. They want a car that can sell well over time, not one that has to constantly be altered a tiny bit to keep sales from falling off because its so overdone...I.e. every other retro car ever made.

Just some educated gueses sprinkled with facts.
It better look like the silver one. Thats all im going to say.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Nocturn
That would be a pretty nice lineup for the Camaro. The pricing you mention seems to be a little on the optimistic side. 320-hp Z28 starting at $21K? The 300-hp Mustang GT starts in the $26K range, and its a given that they will sell a ton of them. Although maybe its because they know the Ford fanatics will pay anything that they charge so much?
Old 05-02-2005, 03:17 PM

the reason why its at 26k is because there is no other real compitition. and new z28 at 320hp? sorry but the ls1 camaro's were allready at the 320 range mark theyre not going to do it. mostlikely they'll both, ss and z28, will have an ls2 engine, the c6 vette gets bumped about 15-20hp the ss gets the full 400-405 with better suspension and braking system, while the z28 gets a "detuned" 390hp ls2, decent suspension and brakes. imo the z28 model should atleast be pushing .91 g's on the skid pad, and slolom numbers close to if not better than the c5 vettes. while the ss gets c6 braking and handling. and hell theres about 5 different mustangs why not bring the back the zl1 put a freakin 500hp ls7 in it. but as far as the ss and z28 goes those are the most likely power plants that they'll have.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by philco_3
The silver is the best looking concept for the new camaros.
i knwo it loks amazing they should maybe have to come back with it cuz ford is jsut running away with it now witht he stang.... GM has to do something about it
Old 05-15-2005, 11:23 AM

I think GM is smart... The cobalt SS has more potential for sales than the Camero did and with a 4 door SS and maybe some more options it will be pushing 26k-28k no problem the max MSRP is already over 25k.

As much as I hate to say it V6 and V8 cars are on their way out, its too damn obvious to argue.

My best friend works at a Hyundai dealership and they moved over 125 cars last month. The ford dealer only did 50+ and that was an abnormal month for them the Hyundai is always around 100 cars.

GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS its all about gas and V8 or even V6 doesnt spell out saving GAS $$$ in peoples heads
Old 05-15-2005, 03:23 PM

That looks like a corvette/ferrari to me...
Old 05-15-2005, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Chevy4Life85
I think GM is smart... The cobalt SS has more potential for sales than the Camero did and with a 4 door SS and maybe some more options it will be pushing 26k-28k no problem the max MSRP is already over 25k.

As much as I hate to say it V6 and V8 cars are on their way out, its too damn obvious to argue.

My best friend works at a Hyundai dealership and they moved over 125 cars last month. The ford dealer only did 50+ and that was an abnormal month for them the Hyundai is always around 100 cars.

GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS its all about gas and V8 or even V6 doesnt spell out saving GAS $$$ in peoples heads
that is true but you still going to have the ppl who want the V6 or V8 cars because of the power...
Old 05-15-2005, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by plyboy-illest
that is true but you still going to have the ppl who want the V6 or V8 cars because of the power...

Not when 4cyl are starting to creep up on the HP numbers and will be doing faster times in every category
Old 05-15-2005, 04:52 PM

I’m sorry I have to disagree………4 cylinder cars will not surpass V8 numbers (keeping both stock)…..also the only way any 4 cylinder might be even close is because it has forced induction…….have forced induction on a V8 and your talking massive power. Also the new corvette (not Z06) has 28 mile per gallon highway w/ 400hp - as with the SS S/C has 29 miles per gallon highway (with half the cylinders and half the power) These numbers are straight from the Chevrolet site and are averages. Obviously if you floor it all the time those numbers go down. All upcoming Chevy V8’s will have (displacement on demand) which will have even better fuel economy. I don’t even think this 400hp corvette motors has that – yet it still has the 28 mpg and there’s no gas guzzler tax. Talk about technology. Don’t get me wrong, the Cobalt SS S/C is a great car - I even want one next year so they can work out any kinks from this year, but when they debut the new Camaro that’s the car I really want (of course the 2nd year it’s out). And hopefully it’ll have the displacement on demand and/or other new V8 technology.

Quick Reply: more new rumors on a new camaro