General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

more new rumors on a new camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chevy4Life85
I think GM is smart... The cobalt SS has more potential for sales than the Camero did and with a 4 door SS and maybe some more options it will be pushing 26k-28k no problem the max MSRP is already over 25k.

As much as I hate to say it V6 and V8 cars are on their way out, its too damn obvious to argue.

My best friend works at a Hyundai dealership and they moved over 125 cars last month. The ford dealer only did 50+ and that was an abnormal month for them the Hyundai is always around 100 cars.

GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS its all about gas and V8 or even V6 doesnt spell out saving GAS $$$ in peoples heads

V8s on there way out? Thats what all the experts and press were saying 20 years ago. V6 was the engine of the future they said. GM had a program (GM-80??) that was for a fwd Camaro to come out in 89 or 90.

But the V8 evolved and is better then ever. Take a look at fuel mileage from high perfornace 4 cylk engines.....they suck! A mild V8 is damn close. Of course you are right....its peoples perceptions that have an impact.

A base V6---3.9 240hp (G6 GTP engine) is a good idea but I don't think that will happen. There is no RWD version of that engine. CTS 3.6L HF V6 would work without any adaptation. Add a 5.3L and 6.0 V8 and that would be perfect.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:08 AM

As much as I hate to say it V6 and V8 cars are on their way out, its too damn obvious to argue.
DaimlerChrysler has struck gold with their RWD V8 cars.
They cannot make enough of them. I think the V8 coupe
market might slow down, but V8 sedans are still hot stuff.
GM needs to worry less about the Camaro and more about
getting a sporty, affordable RWD V8 sedan to the market.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:23 PM

no they need to worry more about the camaro so they can shut up ford with the "best poney car ever" sorrry i'm a camaro fan. die hard at that.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:53 PM

Since when was the Camaro a pony car? The camaro always had way more ***** than the Rustang.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:41 PM

if they bring out a new camaro, i will sell my soul to the devil.... i'll put my sister on ebay as well as my parents house....i hope they bring it bak...
Old 06-05-2005, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by cs_88
Since when was the Camaro a pony car? The camaro always had way more ***** than the Rustang.
Camaro is a Pony car because its smaller than a Muscle car (in the 60s). The pony car term was coined off of the Mustang, the Camaro/Firebird were brought around because of the Mustang and are thus pony cars.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:56 PM
Banned

Nice post Nocturn, I think you are right on with your predictions. As you mentioned, there's no way the 7.0 500HP LS7 from the new Z06 is going to even be considered for the next-gen Camaro, that would be completely ridiculous.

As for the pics that were posted, am I the only one that thinks this concept looks surprisingly similar to the Saturn Sky?? Here's a pic of the sky, you guys compare...

Old 06-15-2005, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by wesmanw02
Nice post Nocturn, I think you are right on with your predictions. As you mentioned, there's no way the 7.0 500HP LS7 from the new Z06 is going to even be considered for the next-gen Camaro, that would be completely ridiculous.

As for the pics that were posted, am I the only one that thinks this concept looks surprisingly similar to the Saturn Sky?? Here's a pic of the sky, you guys compare...

I mentioned that a long time ago. I think its a photochop of the SKY...
Old 06-16-2005, 12:13 AM

I think GM is smart... The cobalt SS has more potential for sales than the Camero did and with a 4 door SS and maybe some more options it will be pushing 26k-28k no problem the max MSRP is already over 25k.

My best friend works at a Hyundai dealership and they moved over 125 cars last month. The ford dealer only did 50+ and that was an abnormal month for them the Hyundai is always around 100 cars.

GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS its all about gas and V8 or even V6 doesnt spell out saving GAS $$$ in peoples heads

i disagree with most of this. V8 & V6 cars are not going to die anytime soon. look at the SUV craze and it obvious that people want powerful V8 motors. even Toyota and Nissan have moved to V8 in some of the truck and SUV lines. 4-bangers dont have the torque that a V8/V6 has. even if it is supercharged. I should know, i have a 2005 Ion Redline and a 1970 Camaro SS 396 (L78-4speed) my camaro can run circles around my Redline. In fact i can smoke most vipers and corvettes with it as well. the only thing on it not stock is the tires and it runs 11.58 in the 1/4 on BFG drag radials.

what is killing V8 cars is the lack of distintive styling. you cant tell one year from another, let alone one make from another. even my redline looks similar to nissan altima for a side view. this is also why the new mustang is a huge hit, nothing on the road even looks close. Chrystler is making huge sales on all for there line. what do they have that GM does not? the awnser is styling. this is what is killing companys like Oldsmobile, and Buick, it is also responcible for the decline in sale for most of GM's brands. If GM gets back on thrack and fixes the styling problems then their V8\V6 cars will gain in popularity.

what I do see dieing out is the Massive SUVs. ie. the Suberban, Excersion etc. they seem to have become the 4-wheeldrive-minivan of decade. they get terible mileage (even worse than my camaro). in fact they are starting to pop up for sale on street corners for $3000. but no one seems to be buying them. i remember back in the early 90's minivans were the same way. just a passing fad.

what I would like to see is more options than the last 2 decades of cars had. the orignal camaros had tons of options you had a choice of 2 strait 6's a 200 ci andd a 250 ci, then you had a ton of V8s 283,302(z28 only) 327, difrent 350's, and 3 difrent 396 engines (325,350,375hp) and even some dealers that new how to work the system you could get 2 427 (L72 iron and ZL1 aluminum) I have read about couple of Yenkos and Baldwin-motion cars that even got L88 corvette motors, but have never seen one. then you couple that with 3 automatic transmissions and a 3 speed manual and 3 difrent 4 speed manuals and the combinations were endless. not to mention they offered difrent axle ratios and had 12 difrent paint colors and almost as many interior combinations. in order to apeal to the mass market GM need to offer more options on the next gen camaro. the last camaro model only had a chose of v6 auto or 5 speed manual or v8 auto or 6-speed manual. 6 paint colors and i belive 4 interior colors. i want a car where i can customize it right for the factory. If GM did build this car i would sell the redline in a heartbeat and may even consider selling the SS if they put the LS7 in it.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree.. New car ordering choices today suck. You're limited in everything. Stupid package crap also took over. There's like 2 of 3 package options you have a choice of, but you should be able to get anything in any of the packages by itself. It should be much more custom than it is. Exterior paint coloring choices are pathetic compared to the cars of the 60's and 70's.

Because of all these limitations and streamlining, cars are becoming very similar across models and brands.

At least as far as styling goes, I think the Cobalt SS has fairly unique styling as opposed to most other vehicles on the road. That wing definitely helps. The front resembles other cars though.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:47 AM

yes

Originally Posted by thehemi
DaimlerChrysler has struck gold with their RWD V8 cars.
They cannot make enough of them. I think the V8 coupe
market might slow down, but V8 sedans are still hot stuff.
GM needs to worry less about the Camaro and more about
getting a sporty, affordable RWD V8 sedan to the market.
They can call it, oh lets see hmmm Chevelle!!
Old 06-26-2005, 01:53 AM

camaro

Build the 69 clone! Base model should not weigh more than 2600 lbs and be powered by the ecotec, it will be the #1 seller. Z-28 should be light and handle well with a small lightweight very high revving V8(180cid). The ss should have the Ls2 or Ls7 and all the weight adding bs options like power seats.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by giovanhalen
They can call it, oh lets see hmmm Chevelle!!
Believe me when I say a design for a revived Chevelle is in the works. It was the next logical car to revisit for GM. This is coming directly from the source, not some e-rumor. I don't know how it's going to look but I do know they were considering the Chevelle as a name replacement for the SS Concept car for awhile. We'll see. Or they can just pay me royalties and make production copies of mine and call it a day
Old 02-04-2006, 12:10 AM

Just bringing this thread back so everyone can compare this beautiful camaro concept that was cancelled and would have sold like mustangs, to the cadillac looking crap they came out with this year.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:21 AM

i dont know if a retro styled one would sel more but this is how i think it should go down...

i think they should take a look at the silver one.. clean it up, give it a little more of a face lift, and name it hte camaro (juast make sure its a lttle diff from the sky)..

the 6 cyl model should be.. the 4.2 I-6 (thats now making 291 hp)and they should price it in the range of the v-6 mustang.. how could ford compete their v-6 to a 291 hp I-6

next the 5.3 dod engine should be in the z28 (yeah they went there once but in an ss not a z28)

then the SS should be the LS-2 all 400 ponies!!

they need alot of options, colors and the 3 models

i also thing they should build like 1000 camaro ss 427s or something.. to compete with the new GT-500.

but thats my opinion.. let me know what u think