General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

My car is finally done! (WARNING incoming fakeout)

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my dad went up without me. WTF my parents like dont want me bitching for some reason UGHHH (my dad said the painter was telling him how he told the guys the whole time it wasnt right, etc at least someone had common sense)
anyway the guy who worked on it called us back giving some BS story..he was workin on a bunch of cobalts and he put it outside and said it wasnt acually done, ec

he said they are gonna take it in now and work on it. im gonna try to get up there and take some pics really quick.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by roccobladr
so we got a call today and my car is finally done!

it has been at the dealership for about 6-7 weeks now since it was hit by an underage high DUI driver..anyway..

so i go up there really excited to get back in my baby and...well....

the headlights are different. one is the original clear 2.4ss one and the other is the tinted supercharged ss headlight.

the hood is misaligned

the fenders dont line up

the thing under the windshield wiper blades is like off

they didnt give me a lower grill

they DID however give me a fresh coat of scratches and marks on various places like the door handles and such.

I am at a loss for words. i am just so fed up i dont know what to do anymore.

as for pics, im going up there tomorrow to talk to them (the bodyshop was closed when i went up, didnt wanna bitch to the salesman) ill take plenty when im there

why would you take it to the dealer for body work? that was your first mistake.
dealer body shops suck ass. privately owned shops will take much better care of you. (i'm not talking about fruity collision max.. the regular shops. try to find a private shop that usually works on mercedes, or bmw. their paint will be flawless) you should've gotten a list from the insurance agent of what shops they deal with in your area.

actually, you still should. because your dealer messed it up, and its still the drunk drivers (insurance's) responsibility to return your car to pre- accident condition. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Old 08-15-2007, 11:03 AM

as ive said i didnt wanna take it there, my dad did it before i could say anything.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get any pics?
Old 08-15-2007, 11:38 AM
Banned

it has been at the dealership for about 6-7 weeks now since it was hit by an underage high DUI driver..anyway..

the headlights are different. one is the original clear 2.4ss one and the other is the tinted supercharged ss headlight.

the hood is misaligned

the fenders dont line up

they DID however give me a fresh coat of scratches and marks on various places like the door handles and such.

as for pics, im going up there tomorrow to talk to them (the bodyshop was closed when i went up, didnt wanna bitch to the salesman) ill take plenty when im there

how can you be under age if something is illegal to begin with , for future reference anyone thats gets in trouble with marijuana there is no MINOR , its illegal to everyone therefore theres no minor smoking weed violation , its just a possesion charge

the hood is misaligned

the fenders dont line up

thats why when you get in an accident you tell them to total the car instead of fixing it , even though one time i wrecked my GTP it was pulling left well after i got it back from the accident it ran fine except the vacuum line was loose therefore causeing me to go in and out of boost

Last edited by Red2.4SS/SC; 08-15-2007 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-15-2007, 12:20 PM

i REALLY wanted them to total it. i wish they did.

i couldnt get up there to get any pics. plus its not worth the drive...my rental car is an 06 lancer. has no power at all and you would think it would be good on gas right?...i spend amost 100$ in gas last week. i drove to philly like 3 times, but still its only like 20 mins away
Old 08-17-2007, 04:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by eurochevy
yesterday made 6 weeks for me as well..they broke the glass that came with the replacement door so they know how pissed i was so they gonna take it out of another SS they have there and put it in mine and then when the other glass comes in they gonna take it out of mine and put in the new one..and im also waiting for a ABS sensor and the Side air bag the ABS is supposed to come in 2morrow and then i hafta go back in for the air bag one so im supposed ot get car back on thurs and then drive around with the air bag light on till the sensor/ glass comes in ..never going back to this dealership again after i get all the stuff done

*edit* i however had 13-14 grand damage
New doors do not come with glass. They must have bought a used door for your car. I'm in the business. Trust me.

Originally Posted by Red2.4SS/SC
how can you be under age if something is illegal to begin with , for future reference anyone thats gets in trouble with marijuana there is no MINOR , its illegal to everyone therefore theres no minor smoking weed violation , its just a possesion charge

thats why when you get in an accident you tell them to total the car instead of fixing it , even though one time i wrecked my GTP it was pulling left well after i got it back from the accident it ran fine except the vacuum line was loose therefore causeing me to go in and out of boost
Here is a common myth. People do not have the right to decide whether or not there car is totalled. A car is usually considered a total when the cost of repairs exceeds at least %70 of the car's retail value or if it is considered a structural loss meaning that there is a component that is damaged that is not serviceable. Fire and flood damage are other causes of being totalled.

Last edited by kenhebe; 08-17-2007 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost