General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

my rant tonight! n/a guys share ur thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 11:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I had a 2.4 you can damn well bet I'd have a progressive 250hp wet shot on that bitch

I'd have like Five 20 pounders in the trunk lol
Old 03-11-2008, 11:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HackAbuse
If I had a 2.4 you can damn well bet I'd have a progressive 250hp wet shot on that bitch

I'd have like Five 20 pounders in the trunk lol
Hack, you're supposed to burn the nitrous through your engine...not inhale it
Old 03-11-2008, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Red07SSNA
Hack, you're supposed to burn the nitrous through your engine...not inhale it

Wait, What?!

Old 03-11-2008, 11:40 AM

i love my 2.4. it may not be as quick as the S/C but i drive 90 miles round trip to work atleast 5 days a week. lately its been 7. and i know that the N/A motor will most likely live longer. i dont listen to people when they talk ****, let em hate. theyre just jealous
Old 03-11-2008, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Red2.4SS
The goal of my turbo build is to make a reliable powerhouse! Sofar I am on track to do that!

I don't doubt that you can make great power going only N/A on a 4cyl. Its just that the $/hp is not that good when compared to F/I.
i would think it'd be relatively close... price wise.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:49 PM

The reason you get **** is because N/A's (in the automobile world) are a dime a dozen, extremely common, and TYPICALLY not fast. You have one of the more capable N/A's and are right that N/A's can produce power, but people as a whole are fascinated by fast cars. The easiest way to make cars fast is through forced induction in a majority of cases. Those that know about cars know that N/A's DO have potential (look at Trans Am's/Corvette's etc.) those that don't most often say, high-horsepower cars typically have turbos/sc's and that is what they recommend with their limited knowledge.

No doubt people think your car is nice (and they'd love to have it too in alot of cases) but uneducated people criticize it because they dont know ****, and educated people (who criticize) say turbo and s/c because as Red2.4 said, for the money and work you put into a car the most efficient way to gain power is through FI. Your car is sweet, enjoy it, **** what other's say and be proud.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:24 PM

You have an n/a setup!!!!!!!????..................loser!

LOL I kid! I have an SS/SC and the only thing I'm working on now is my engine, block, pistons cams etc...I will say personally I like da boost, but the 2.4 is a nice engine and I'd do a swap in a second, money provided.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by CSM Huber
There are several relatively quick ways to get safe HP increases in your NA 2.4L; K&N SRI - 16.7 HP; AIS Stage 2 Water Methyl Injection - 15 HP; Jet Module 10708 - 10-15 HP.... each of these are take less than two hours to install and if bought right the total will be less than $1000. Want to spend a few more bucks? Install headers and low restriction exhaust for 7 to 10 HP. Will any of this change how others see your NA car? Probably not, until they try to catch you.
sorry dude but thats what you call ricer math... generally they add half of what they are actually rated for. The car manufacturing companies arent creating restrictive exhausts/airboxes any more they flow very well and you will only gain small amounts by aftermarket. what a lot of people dont realize that what you might gain up high, your losing down low.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Greased
sorry dude but thats what you call ricer math... generally they add half of what they are actually rated for. The car manufacturing companies arent creating restrictive exhausts/airboxes any more they flow very well and you will only gain small amounts by aftermarket. what a lot of people dont realize that what you might gain up high, your losing down low.
also, to add to this, people could say a sri adds a small amount of hp (by itself), and a full exhaust adds another small amount of hp (by itself)... but you have to realize that they would work together, and together, give you an even greater amount of hp, right?
Old 03-11-2008, 10:50 PM

i love the retards that think ss means supercharged.

oh and it's also awesome when you have the hood open and the ass-hat asks, "where is the supercharger?"
Old 03-11-2008, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by JohnyNFullEffect
i love the retards that think ss means supercharged.

oh and it's also awesome when you have the hood open and the ass-hat asks, "where is the supercharger?"
HAHA! Everyone thinks my car is supercharged! I just laugh at them.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Greased
Sorry but I DID NOT claim the HP gains were ADDED together... And by the way I was working with these technologies a long time ago.... The two big adders, SRI and water meth DO produce a lot more HP. The restrictive air induction and CAI by the manufacturers is to meet Federal Clean Air standards, NOT performance requirements.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:01 AM

I want torque!!

thats what this guy likes after all thats what moves the car.. I may not be the smartest car guy and I certainly don't talk **** about **** I don't know about and its sad these people that do look at you differently cause your n/a but ah em.. Right now I can't afford to do much to my car but when the time is right I ain't gonna be just another civic yada yada! In my town we have ALOT of RICERS

What is a good way to get torque outta a 2.4L without spending huge amounts of cash? I do have to remember I drive an economy car not a sports car soo..
Old 03-12-2008, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by TheDriver!
thats what this guy likes after all thats what moves the car.. I may not be the smartest car guy and I certainly don't talk **** about **** I don't know about and its sad these people that do look at you differently cause your n/a but ah em.. Right now I can't afford to do much to my car but when the time is right I ain't gonna be just another civic yada yada! In my town we have ALOT of RICERS

What is a good way to get torque outta a 2.4L without spending huge amounts of cash? I do have to remember I drive an economy car not a sports car soo..
Anything that gives more than 10-20 will come at a price.

Basic bolt ons and a tune will help, but big gains = $$$
Old 03-12-2008, 11:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDriver!

We've been hoping that the Jet Performance module will help but no one who says they bought it has given any feedback yet.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:09 AM

N/A means slow in spanish I heard...