General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

New Cobalt SS 2.4L

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 12:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i rep my 2.4 SS proudly. besides, do a little work to it and add a little boost and its faster then most lsj's(zzp's car) it says it on the vin, its an ss that's that. and their cheaper then the lsj/lnf's significantly. i don't understand why some people give us 2.4 owners that bullshit argument. We try our best with what we have and to have people like you who bash it and say its not an ss is plain dumb.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mm06balt
i love my 2.4, of course i'd love a ss/tc but it just isnt in the budget. Imo if it came from the factory with ss badges, it's an ss.

To the op, you'll really enjoy this car just like most everyone on this forum does. Tons of great info on the site and most people are nice and welcoming. Make sure you jump on the ss/na pics thread and share the ss love!
x2
Old 05-04-2012, 12:34 AM
Banned

I am not bashing anyone's 2.4 but to answer tcobalt's question about why people bash the 2.4 I read a sig on here that explains it pretty well. It's the redheaded step child of the SS's, it's in the family but it doesn't count. Basically saying, there is no reason except that it's different than the rest lol. The 2.4 is very capable motor. It can handle a fair amount of boost on stock internals. The only thing I don't really like is the VVT just because the cam phasers cause problems if you try to rev it too high which limits it's potential. Same goes for the LNF.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:39 AM

Thanks for the welcomes...nice people
to the people bashing that its a "fake ss" ... STFU
i dont really care, its a cheap car, thats gonna last a long time and hold it's value when i have to sell it if i take care of it, which i will
on a second note, im only 18 years old, a pretty nice car for an 18 year old i must say
and for power, i dont see why people bash this, 171 HP is a lot in a car, and it has great acceleration.
I think the 2.4L is more of a humble car
Having the Turbocharged cobalt and thinking you're top **** is lame.
It get's me from point A to point B, its a decent looking car, and has great power

Also someone was saying how its not sporty and that SS is stupid, well the 2.4L SS has a chrome exhaust, lower front and rear bumpers, (foglights) and side skirts, also the 17 inch chrome rims, its very sporty compared to the Ls's... LT's....
Old 05-04-2012, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by SS-Jordan
i dont really care, its a cheap car, thats gonna last a long time and hold it's value when i have to sell it if i take care of it, which i will
on a second note, im only 18 years old, a pretty nice car for an 18 year old i must say
and for power, i dont see why people bash this, 171 HP is a lot in a car, and it has great acceleration.
It get's me from point A to point B, its a decent looking car, and has great power

Also someone was saying how its not sporty and that SS is stupid, well the 2.4L SS has a chrome exhaust, lower front and rear bumpers, (foglights) and side skirts, also the 17 inch chrome rims, its very sporty compared to the Ls's... LT's....
New Member FTW!!!
Old 05-04-2012, 01:11 AM

nice car!

Where in BC are you at?

And for people bashing the power, my old 2.4 auto clocked 0-60mph in 6.4s with bolt on and tune. So not bad at all for what it is
Old 05-04-2012, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by PenguinPIE
nice car!

Where in BC are you at?

And for people bashing the power, my old 2.4 auto clocked 0-60mph in 6.4s with bolt on and tune. So not bad at all for what it is
Vernon, you?
Old 05-04-2012, 02:45 AM

Vernon, you?
Vancouver, quite far away
Old 05-04-2012, 09:07 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Its also got the same rear shocks and springs as a 2.0 car, same control arms, same brakes as an LSJ, etc......... 2.4s are cool, and respond well to mods. Enjoy.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by StevoElSupremo
Well it doesnt matter what any of you think, its what the VIN reads.

Besides, 99% of the people with RWD 8 cylinder SS verhicles are saying that your four bangers dont deserve to have the SS badge.

I think the whole "SS" badging is a big pain in the ass because it makes anyone who has one slapped on there car think they're the **** or something. Bottome line is you're all driving cheap cobalts, one way or another..

you really think the people with REAL sports cars really give a damn about your Fail wheel drive supped up economy car? I dont think so...

some of you (well one person really..) you really need to get your heads outta your asses...

oh and I hope you know that even LS models can "burnrubber"
says the guy that drives one. You sir are a fail. A walking Fail. Yes the ls can burn rubber. Funny what you did there haha. But still ss cars have gm performance parts in it. If it doesnt have the parts its not a reall ss plain an simple. Its not like the old days where people can call chevelles ss's even if they came base and someone dropped the 396 or a 454 in it and slapped badges on it. Its fake. Get over it. Im sorry if you dont feel that way but your wrong.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:40 AM

In the beginning i just wanted to know if it had a ******* gm performance division badge on the engie bay because i was curious and then the ass clown brigade stepped in ,acting as though they had to "fight for the cause".
Old 05-04-2012, 10:45 AM

lol ninja endit there Grok haha! but yeah I wasn't bashing MY car, but I'm also not thinking that everyone should kiss the urinal I **** in just because I have an "SS" slapped on my car know what I mean? and yeah I love SS T/C cobalts just as much as the next guy, but I hate when people think its the be all to end all Sports cars and put everyone down for owning anything thats not turbo'd

OP was excited with his new car, I get it, its a cool little car y'know? let him be happy

then "burninrubber" had to open his sutpid mouth in the thread and go off about how "oo00ommgggg ur car is Z00 GHEY CuZ its TWO.FOUR". I was actually happy everyone was leaving that alone..
Stevoelsupremo your trully a sad sad person. Trying to say that i said it was gay? Reall did i say anything of the sort? I asked if it had a Gm performance badge on the engine bay cause i wanted to know. I never looked under the hood of a 2.4 ss so i wanted to know. Thats it. Then this became a big argument about if its an ss or not. You shouldnt even be on the forum. Theres nothing wrong with his car and its nice regardless. I dont know why your bashing your own car. Looks like you have a stick in your ass about people who dont like your car so you take it out on anyone who doesnt say anything good about it in their first sentence. Grow up my friend grow up. When your maturity can match your mouth you can then speak.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Burninrubber
In the beginning i just wanted to know if it had a ******* gm performance division badge on the engie bay because i was curious and then the ass clown brigade stepped in ,acting as though they had to "fight for the cause".
It's the damn internets fault lol. You can't tell if someone is being sarcastic or not in text so when you asked the question everyone jumped to the conclusion that you were trying to be a dick.

But to answer your question.. No it doesn't.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by MM06balt
It's the damn internets fault lol. You can't tell if someone is being sarcastic or not in text so when you asked the question everyone jumped to the conclusion that you were trying to be a dick.

But to answer your question.. No it doesn't.
see thats all i wanted. Thank you. I will now discontinue any kind of arguing. BTW im not bashing the car. Im not i see them all the time. What i dont see is people who mod there 2.4. There is an epic f ton of these things driving around base but everyone keeps them stock. I want to see one of these done up right.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:55 AM

ZZP turbo kit in the works once I make some monies this summer!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:57 AM

OP enjoy your SS. Dont let people with "Bigger Dicks" with LNF and LSJ get to you. They were just able to go in another direction. I have had an LS since 2007, and I still like it. BTW, If you want to boost it, Ill sell ya my S/C kit, so you can beat those guys lol. Have fun and welcome!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by jbenso4
OP enjoy your SS. Dont let people with "Bigger Dicks" with LNF and LSJ get to you. They were just able to go in another direction. I have had an LS since 2007, and I still like it. BTW, If you want to boost it, Ill sell ya my S/C kit, so you can beat those guys lol. Have fun and welcome!
HEY! my dick size has nothing to do with my car, just the girls i get from it.lolz jkjk. I use to have a stock ls in 09 and i turbo'd it. It was a fun project but i just end up running out of money on just the engine. I figured it it would cost me more to put all aftermarket parts in it then buy the ss bodykit, then it would be to just by a turbo and put a bigger one on it. Plus i found mine for 12k with 11k miles on it.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:38 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Well it seemed like Burninrubber was just trying to start something by asking if it had the GM perf. badge under the hood.

Anyways, it's just annoying when someones excited about there car and people need to start with the "ooooo but DOES it have the Gm P. Stamp under it??"

Its just #$(@%@T you HAD to go there? weather you were curious or kidding or trying to start something I dont know, but it certainly looked like you had some real annoying intentions.

anyways I'm not gonna bicker about this anymore, and I am all growd up... I'll be 6 in June
Old 05-04-2012, 12:47 PM

you now i dont know why chevorlet did this. They just slapped ss badges on a stock car, with a lil bit bigger engine. I dont get it. Its not sporty at all.
look at it like this they made a 2.2 and a 2.4 long ago they made an impala, chevelle non of them had forced induction they called the one with the bigger engine an ss so thats the same thing with the cobalt.
Look at the traiblazer one has a lt,ltz,ls and all have a 6cyl. they call the ss a ss because it has a bigger engine so whats the difference here.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:51 PM

HEY! my dick size has nothing to do with my car, just the girls i get from it.lolz jkjk. I use to have a stock ls in 09 and i turbo'd it. It was a fun project but i just end up running out of money on just the engine. I figured it it would cost me more to put all aftermarket parts in it then buy the ss bodykit, then it would be to just by a turbo and put a bigger one on it. Plus i found mine for 12k with 11k miles on it.
well at least our car 06ss/na's came with the ss bumpers without the lip you would have had to buy them. So you were gonna do the same thing put a turbo on it and call a 2.2 a ss
Old 05-04-2012, 12:58 PM

Welcome, my wife has a 06 SS/NA also.. it's been a great car! She now has 85k on it & no real problems.
But then again we have a 06 SS/NA, 09 SS/TC & a 06 SS/SC, Happy modding
Old 05-04-2012, 01:06 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by BlilBT
Welcome, my wife has a 06 SS/NA also.. it's been a great car! She now has 85k on it & no real problems.
But then again we have a 06 SS/NA, 09 SS/TC & a 06 SS/SC, Happy modding
lol wow you got the whole family eh?

I think all the cobalts are good cars really, my bro has an LT, and its quicker then my friends base civic and a few others IN ITS CLASS...

everything needs to be kept in perspective when we're discussing "power"
Old 05-04-2012, 01:23 PM

lol wow you got the whole family eh?

I think all the cobalts are good cars really, my bro has an LT, and its quicker then my friends base civic and a few others IN ITS CLASS...

everything needs to be kept in perspective when we're discussing "power"
Yea I bought mine 1st, then the wife wanted one, then my son wanted the T/C, I dont mined I have tons of spare parts! LOL
Enjoy the car! I actually own 5 Chevy's
Old 05-04-2012, 02:40 PM

Received 92 Likes on 90 Posts
Originally Posted by Maven
Its also got the same rear shocks and springs as a 2.0 car, same control arms, same brakes as an LSJ, etc......... 2.4s are cool, and respond well to mods. Enjoy.
2.4s have different springs than the 2.0s
Old 05-04-2012, 02:47 PM

Well it seemed like Burninrubber was just trying to start something by asking if it had the GM perf. badge under the hood.

Anyways, it's just annoying when someones excited about there car and people need to start with the "ooooo but DOES it have the Gm P. Stamp under it??"

Its just #$(@%@T you HAD to go there? weather you were curious or kidding or trying to start something I dont know, but it certainly looked like you had some real annoying intentions.

anyways I'm not gonna bicker about this anymore, and I am all growd up... I'll be 6 in June
You got some real issues you know that? like the kind you should talk to someone about. You think im starting something by asking if it had a gm performance badge out of curiosity? Get help bro get help. Thats like me getting all pissed off because someone asked me if my car had a supercharger.

Quick Reply: New Cobalt SS 2.4L