General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Pics of a Sunburst Orange SS S/C

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pics of a Sunburst Orange SS S/C

Credit : "Zilla" , Webfluid.com
Hope its not a dupe. I know a few people have been askin to see an orange SS S/C
Old 02-25-2005, 02:42 PM

WOW , that's just what i wanted to see!

Now i can't decid between that and blue.

The tails need to be smoked , orange and red clash, then it would be awesome. i think that's what is throwing it off, cause the font pics look good.
Old 02-25-2005, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by osmose
WOW , that's just what i wanted to see!

Now i can't decid between that and blue.

The tails need to be smoked , orange and red clash, then it would be awesome. i think that's what is throwing it off, cause the font pics look good.
Same with me I may have to change my color. I was going to get the blue but that looks really good.

Thanks or the pictures HotSauce
Old 02-25-2005, 03:06 PM

That thing is full licensed in Ontario! Where is that car? I guess Ontario got the first SS/SC delivered??? It looks sooooo purdy!

Also, I know the Ontario license plate system really well since I manage a car rental company where we get new plates all the time. The plate on that car falls into succession with the numbers being issued right now, so that is a recently plated car and not a pre-production model.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:14 PM
p7x

Originally Posted by MikeSS
That thing is full licensed in Ontario! Where is that car? I guess Ontario got the first SS/SC delivered??? It looks sooooo purdy!

Also, I know the Ontario license plate system really well since I manage a car rental company where we get new plates all the time. The plate on that car falls into succession with the numbers being issued right now, so that is a recently plated car and not a pre-production model.
The car is in Oshawa
Old 02-25-2005, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by p7x
The car is in Oshawa
Road trip! thats only about 20 minutes from my house. Is it sold? or still sitting at the dealership?
Old 02-25-2005, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by MikeSS
Road trip! thats only about 20 minutes from my house. Is it sold? or still sitting at the dealership?
Usually cars at the dealership don't have plates

Just noticed no heated leather... what a **** off!!

Notice how the leather is already wrinkling on the drivers seat too?

what a dissapointment
Old 02-25-2005, 03:44 PM

beat me to it

Cobalt Coupe (sorry.. its my camera phone)

Old 02-25-2005, 04:18 PM

Ya, I took these photos. This is not at a dealer, the car is across the street from the GM Engineering center in the plant parking lot. You see plates on the car, but they are manufacturer plates... check out that little sticker on the windshield near the VIN... that identifies it as a GM Canada corporate vehicle (similar sticker in the US too). These photos were taken yesterday, but I saw the car in their compound a few days earlier, along with a black one and a blue one. I'll try to get some pics of the black one when they bring it out of the compound. The engineering center has a couple of every car in their compound for engineering uses....fitting new parts, testing...etc.

I know what you mean about the color. I never considered this color but after seeing it, it has really started to grow on me. I was always afraid of the leather quality but after seeing it in person it looks SO much better than the photos!! I didn't realize the inserts were perferated, wow they look good in person. It is too bad they're not heated on the SS.

My local dealer has told me these will be available to him the first or second week in March.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:21 PM

looks like they've been on the brakes
Old 02-25-2005, 06:18 PM

those guages don't seem titanium to me.... FALSE ADVERTISING!!!!!
Old 02-25-2005, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Boost Addict
They are titanium, look at the outer edge ot the speedo you can see it. The titanium on the SS/sc guages is only about a 1/2" thick band around the guages
Old 02-25-2005, 06:29 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Boost Addict
Titanium is a color. Apple did the same thing with their laptops. They are 'titanium' color. If they say titanium alloy then they are the real deal.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:19 PM

thats the first real pic of sunburst ive seen...im so phsyced (i dont know how to spell that word) i gambled on that color...im so pumped for my cobalt...def black out the tail lights and tint theheadlights to go with the rally stripes i want...youch
Old 02-26-2005, 12:02 AM
Site Founder

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Zilla
Ya, I took these photos. This is not at a dealer, the car is across the street from the GM Engineering center in the plant parking lot. You see plates on the car, but they are manufacturer plates... check out that little sticker on the windshield near the VIN... that identifies it as a GM Canada corporate vehicle (similar sticker in the US too). These photos were taken yesterday, but I saw the car in their compound a few days earlier, along with a black one and a blue one. I'll try to get some pics of the black one when they bring it out of the compound. The engineering center has a couple of every car in their compound for engineering uses....fitting new parts, testing...etc.

I know what you mean about the color. I never considered this color but after seeing it, it has really started to grow on me. I was always afraid of the leather quality but after seeing it in person it looks SO much better than the photos!! I didn't realize the inserts were perferated, wow they look good in person. It is too bad they're not heated on the SS.

My local dealer has told me these will be available to him the first or second week in March.
Thank you for taking those pics. Orange is one of my preferences.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:22 AM

im a little dissapointed that theres no center arm rest but other than that the car looks great.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:35 PM

The Cobalt brochure says the gauges on the SS/SC are "titanium-faced" and that refers specifically to the ring around the gauges. The official ruling on this one would be that a "reasonable person" would not expect them to be made out of actual titanium, much like a reasonable person who purchases an "orange" vehicle would expect it to be the color orange, not made from the fruit.

The heated seat debate was cleared months ago. GM has never promised the SS/SC to have heated seats, the pictures in the brochures do not show heated seats in the SS/SC, and further, there is no option for heated seats anywhere in the ordering package of the SS/SC.

You can purchase aftermarket seat heaters and instal the GM switch in the dash if you really really wanted it.

Villain
Old 02-26-2005, 03:15 PM

i'm digging the yellow ss more and more.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:33 PM

If I do get an SS I would totally do aftermarket seat heaters, winter is too cold not to. I was checkin out the switch in the cobalt LS at the autoshow and I think I might have to replace (or dremel out holes in) the moulding that the heater switches sit on either side of.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:46 PM

I love that color. In fact there is a sunburst orange sedan at Leggat Chevrolet in Burlington