General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Pissed off to the max, people suck

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Pissed off to the max, people suck

so i recently purchased a 05 victory red cobalt ss s/c, has less then 1000 miles on it and i've babied this car. i consider myself to be a very careful driver and observant, never any accidents or dings. so today i did some running around and then went to work and i was only there for about 4 hours. i walk to my car and apparently some ******* slammed their car door open into my passenger side. there are 2 minor dings and 1 larger dent from what i'm assuming to be the end of the door. from the height i assume it was a van of some sort. but yea this was my ranting and raving, it shouldn't cost much to fix, maybe chevy will cover it for me. i would have rather i made the dent than someone else, cause then i could be pissed at myself. what can we do, **** happens.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:18 AM

thats why I always park all the way in back, all by myself... so stupid people don't do that.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by brifriinc
thats why I always park all the way in back, all by myself... so stupid people don't do that.
I'll second that. It takes maybe an extra 20 seconds of walking to get to where you're going and you have piece of mind. Nothing beats it.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by brifriinc
I'll second that. It takes maybe an extra 20 seconds of walking to get to where you're going and you have piece of mind for the entire time. Nothing beats it.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Tiller
I'll second that. It takes maybe an extra 20 seconds of walking to get to where you're going and you have piece of mind. Nothing beats it.
there will always be someone who parks next to you to be "that guy"

my friend had just done a shitload of body work and painting himself on his del sol
parks way away from everyone at the store
comes back, and his front bumper is hangin off, and his fender smashed

door dings will happen, face it
might as well park closer
Old 09-01-2005, 02:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i will third that.... i park at the back of the lot right next to a Ram SRT 10 and a GTO we are the only cars that park at the end of the lot where i work

_
Old 09-01-2005, 06:37 AM

Thumbs up

should of got a saturn
Old 09-01-2005, 07:45 AM
360 L337 User

I park in my driveway, and drive my beater to work. When I do go out in the SS/SC I park far enough away and usually take two spots, or park on a bad angle so someone really cant park next to me.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by CoBoltz007
I park in my driveway, and drive my beater to work. When I do go out in the SS/SC I park far enough away and usually take two spots, or park on a bad angle so someone really cant park next to me.
thats just asking for someone to give you a door ding. i know i think of doing it when i see someone parked across 2, 3, or 4 spots. youre just pissing people off when they see that.

to avoid door dings? you cant. they are going to happen. just park like a normal person, it a less populated area of the lot, and thats the only way to relatively reduce the chances of a door ding. but there will always be that 1 guy that sees you parked on your lonesome, and feel for some reason his car needs a friend to talk to, and will park his car right next to you...it never fails.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:25 AM
Banned

Thats what I like about Norfolk, it is a city that is small enough that I can afford to be the ******* that takes up two spaces.

98% I drive the Cavalier anyway, but why have my SS's if I don't drive them.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Keebler
but there will always be that 1 guy that sees you parked on your lonesome, and feel for some reason his car needs a friend to talk to, and will park his car right next to you...it never fails.
At least when that happens (assuming they're still there), you can isolate where the damage came from. It happened to a good friend of mine at her college, she came back to find a HUGE door ding on her door and the paint on the car next to hers' door matched hers, on top of scratches down the side and on the trunk where the girl driving the other car had drug something against her car, then set something on top of the trunk and pulled it off. To get back at the girl she bled the air out of all 4 tires so the girl couldn't move her car, then called campus police and reported her for parking after hours at the union so the girl had to pay the $250 towing bill and the $150 parking fine.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:31 AM

the past january i went in to the local meijer store for not even 20 minutes.....when i came out there was a shopping cart next to my car (I parked in the back, all by myself)
as i was walking closer, i noticed a MASSIVE dent on the driver side rear door. I know someone purposly did it to my car. There was no way a cart could just roll into my car and make the damage it did. $500 for repairs....that was the cheapest while shopping for estimates...

cameras on the store did not show that far in the parking lot....
Old 09-01-2005, 09:44 AM

Yup.. parking far away only does so much for you. ******** will purposely park next to even if you're the only person in the entire lot. And then they will dent your door on purpose. People key cars, they slam carts into them, they slam their doors into them. You just can't win. You people who have never had that happen to you with your parking far away strategy are just plain lucky.

It helps to park far away, and you can run, but you can't hide from ******** and stupid people looking to hurt a nice looking car for no good reason. They WILL find you!

Just hope if it does happen to you, you're lucky enough that the car that did it is still parked next to you. It's the worst when you come out to find your car damaged and have no idea who did it and no way to find out.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:10 AM

i ahte people like taht..........

last night i backed into a metal trash can and scratched the **** out of teh bottom of the bumper, ****
Old 09-01-2005, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by cvenom2122
should of got a saturn

goood point

for those who say you cant avaoid a door ding... aree you stupid??? this guy first off said this happens at work, so he can make sure that he parks far away and next to people he either knows or have nice cars... it can be avoided to say it cant it stupid
Old 09-01-2005, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Chevy4Life85
goood point

for those who say you cant avaoid a door ding... aree you stupid??? this guy first off said this happens at work, so he can make sure that he parks far away and next to people he either knows or have nice cars... it can be avoided to say it cant it stupid
basically ur statement was rude as hell. Yeah it would help to park next to sombody but how often do u go to work and 2 other people park there cars just so you can go right between them..Just for you...chances are your not going to have that luxury. And still there are ******** out there who will do stupid **** to ur car for no reason except they probably drive a piece of **** and are jelous of your car...no matter what if sombody wants to ding your dooor it doesnt take much to do it
Old 09-01-2005, 11:18 AM

You can reduce the odds of being dinged, but if you park in lots enough it will happen. Just hope you see it happen so you can beat the hell out of the guy that does it and then make him pay for it.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:23 AM

i walked out to find a cadillac backed into my front bumper, parked like that, as soonas i got to my car the guy came to his car and got in it like nothing happened, i walked up to his door and made him get out and see what he did, i got all his info but luckily it didnt do any damage. sure pissed me off though, the thought that he left it parked up in my front bumper
Old 09-01-2005, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by wikkymaster
i walked out to find a cadillac backed into my front bumper, parked like that, as soonas i got to my car the guy came to his car and got in it like nothing happened, i walked up to his door and made him get out and see what he did, i got all his info but luckily it didnt do any damage. sure pissed me off though, the thought that he left it parked up in my front bumper

Maybe it rolled into you ?????
Old 09-01-2005, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by ShaunK
Maybe it rolled into you ?????
unlikely, 99% of caddilacs are auto
but knowing what type of people buy cadillacs, im not too surprised that they backed into him
Old 09-01-2005, 05:11 PM

I had a guy in a caddiliac back right into me, he was even watching me while he did it, it like he as trying to do it, This was in my old car so i didnt freak out but i did scare the guy enough when i got outa my car that he took off and smashed into a parking curb. I just drove off after that.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:26 PM

I was on my from Lake Placid NY over to Saranac Lake today and got stuck behind a dump truck on Route 86. I drop into 3rd to pass him and start pulling, got maybe half a car length behind him and was signalling when the dump truck hits a bump. Off the back of it come about 15 or 20 HUGE lumps of asphalt! I jam the brakes down (good thing no one was behind me) just as one of the larger pieces bounces off my license plate, comes up over the car and zings over it! It seems since I have gotten the Cobalt, I am a target! IN my old Cavalier, I could've driven it through a minefield and never even got a scratch! This car? I might as well have a bullseye on the side of it.

Scott
Old 09-01-2005, 11:04 PM

People suck, no matter where you go. Its always some dirty ass SUV with a middle aged woman that just flings her door open while she is on her cell phone. There are also some dumb ass guys as well. some people just dont care, and just rest their door on the side of your car like its cool! To hell with parking lots and apartments.