General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Please help

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help

Alright I was talkin to my friend at work today about how you guys are dynoing your SS at like 230 hp and stuff. Well he called me a liar and that I was full of bullshit that the SS isnt even that fast. So my question is what does the dyno tell you is is the horse power to the wheels or to the crank because he says its to the wheels and he also says that if it dynos at 230 to the wheels it should be amazingly fast and be able to beat his friends 01 mustang GT. Also he says that the SS are lucky if they dip into the fourteens in the quarter milke. I am looking into buying an SS and im on here all the time so what I see on here is what I believe but he says that anybody can go on and make up a fake dyno sheet. So please help me prove him wrong because I have been backing up the SS for a while because i really want one.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:06 PM
Doc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buy one and walk on his sorry a$$. Then go get the stage upgrades and let him watch your tail lights disappear
although, I personally think this is a loaded thread...I responded anyhow.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DarkCovenent
he says that anybody can go on and make up a fake dyno sheet.
Well, yes and no. You can "fake out" the dyno and you can manipulate it to give higher numbers. The bulk of the stock dynos I've seen here and on other sites were right around 215. 3rd gear pulls will give slightly higher numbers, 4th gear pulls are more accurate. Also depends on how the shop calibrates their dyno. I've run into this myself when I went with some friends to get their cars dynoed. They were getting numbers that were 20-30hp higher than what they "should" have been, when they went to a different shop with the same brand dyno machine they got right where they expected, 20-30hp lower than the first one. Not to say that "factory freaks" don't exist, but as for a broad average for SS/SCs, I'd say the numbers are more along the lines of 205-215.

I agree with Doc though, this certainly seems like a loaded thread.