General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

The problem with SS owners????

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shabodah
Wow, that's strange, especially since yours is a 2.4L. I pay about 30% for the RL than I would for the Talon TSI AWD I'm not driving. And the GTO would cost me about 100% more than the Talon did.

But SpOOner's right, the Ion Redline IS classified a 4dr Coupe, just like the RX-8.

What's even funnier is that we looked into getting rid of the goat for a SS S/C (for lower monthly payment and insurance) the insurance would have been higher on that as well. Like someone said earlier, I'm sure it's because of the age group and number of accidents/fatalities and alos the area in which people live
Old 09-22-2006, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Blububble
costs about the same as an entry level 350z.
Entry Level Cobalt SS Supercharged = $21,465 USD

Entry Level Nissan 350Z = $27,650 USD

Difference on entry level = $6,185

figures gathered from respective websites.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bad06SS
Welcome to the site Rick! Yes, our cars are $2K+ cheaper just going by msrp, but what are new "Z's" going out the door for? My car has the G85 performance package, is loaded except for onstar and side airbags, and I was out the door for just a tad over $21,000. I think if you compare what we go out the door for and what the Z's go out the door for, you'll see a much much bigger margin. The performance is just as good if not better than the Z, at a much better price. I would say that's worth bragging about! Got any dyno numbers or track times on the "blububble"?
funny you ask my brother. 100% stock 237rwhp today. over 300 not stock.
my best 13.97 @102 100% stock. 108mph not stock.

my g-f has named her car Bam. Bad Azz MF

but again, thats my whole point of my post. some guys on here underrate your car by callinmg it an "econo box" which i dont think in my opinion is how it should be looked at. meaning, you de-value your car to make the "expensive $30k cars" like their ferraris or something. more after i read past this post. i think some things on here were misunderstood.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:32 PM

[QUOTE=D4u2s0t]i just like the fact that it's being compared to a 350z!

QUOTE]

EXACTLY! people think my post is about putting down the SS, no no no. we have one much in part because i nearly begger her to buy it. in fact, i told her i would pay the insurance so she could deal with the higher car payment.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:15 PM

i'm glad to see that some of you understand my point and some just jump to conclusions. but its the same everywhere.
hey, if i take my 350z talk to an M3 site, they just talk trash about the Z. i can take one without too much trouble. i dont go around saying..."haha on you fukface, i spent $20k less than you and i can beat you in a race" kinda rediculous to me. there are other things involved besides straight line speed. and someone mentioned that. every car has a different purpose for different people. if drag racing is solely your thing. good on ya. not mine. the car i'd truly love to have is a Lotus Elise. now, neither the Z nor the Cobalt can touch that car in any way shape or form. but, i'm poor.
my car (not the 350Z, MY Z) is the sexiest car on the road. it's not the quickest, not the fastest, and not the best handler. but to me, it does everything excellent. i would buy this car all over again and pay much more for it. but again, thats me. i love it that much. i hope you guys feel the same way about your Cobalts.

She paid 21,100 for her car that does say on the sticker....25,655.00.
All i said comparing the prices is that for $2k more you could buy an entry level 350z. thats not comparing apples to apples i understand. but i did say entry level.

I've had this car for 2.5 years. I love it as much if not more than when i bought it. EVERY day someone says "nice car" "bad ass" and so on. when i first saw the car i was racing motorcycles, road racing motorcycles (which leads me to tell that guy whoopin up on cts-v's and so on...roadracing...it's not about equipment pal. good try) i saw this car in print before it was released and said someday i have to have one. at 287hp, i thought that was pretty low. considering the Z's platform has to be super robust due to the fact that it has to hold a Murano and a slew of other cars, it makes it heavy. but it also makes the chassis rock solid for road racing.

This SS we have is pretty cool. i am having a hard time right now getting into my Z rather than the SS. my girl tells me that everyone wants to race her. a G35 tried the other night. he lives in this complex, so rest assured i'm gonna meet up with this fruitcake soon and lay the smackdown on his candy ass. if for some reason it doesnt work out that way, i'll bring out the blububble.
BAM, as she likes to call it, has just about everything in it. XM, Recaro seats with full leather, cruise, 7 speaker with sub, performance package, sunroof, onstar, airbags everywhere. the only thing it doesnt have is an automatic dome polisher...if ya know what i mean.

And lastly, lets not forget that everyone else who doesnt own a Supercharged Cobalt looks at the specs, as i did, and say...it only has 205hp. And in your head automatically deduct at least 40hp for driveline loss. so, you're looking at 165whp. That wont get ANY respect from me...if that were the case. Which its not. Which makes this car that much more likeable. GM should not have rated it that low. i believe they lost potential sport compact car buyers because of it.

Fellas, and ladies. My words are only representations of how i feel about the Cobalt. They may differ from yours. I am different than you. I like this car and cant wait to have some more fun in it as the mileage adds up. i have nothing bad to say about this car so far. i hope you will see that so you dont crucify me on some of my other posts or comments about the SS.
Just give your car more credit than you have.

your friend, and foe on the streets,

Rick
Old 09-23-2006, 04:16 PM

Blu, you sound like a great person. You come on here and ask a simple question. Some of us don't take your question for the honesty it holds. I personally think you make a good arguement. A 350z is COMPARABLE to our cars, in performance and price range when looking at what else is out there. I think the category went SS/SC, 350z, RedLine, Si, SRT-4 (when it was in production), Ford focus whatever, and the sentra performance version. the SS/SC is right in the middle of the price range, but on par with the higher performers of the group. The focus and sentra were the lower performing but cheaper to purchase vehicles. Si's are similarly priced, but lack a little in the performance. The 350 may be a little pricier, but it is also a refined car, little more comfort oriented. I made my choice, and others make theirs.

Lets leave it at all of us laughing at the little boys with their 70 dollar autozone mufflers.