General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Problems with your SS/SC???

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine was built in May, and haven't had any problems either.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by keeper51
well i've been waiting for a total of over 4 weeks for my new muffler now, and I have noticed a decrese in my fuel milage since then. I got better milage the very first tank of gas I had in it compared to now with 12 500 kms on it
Yeah, I've notice the same thing..................I think I'm using more fuel. Not to mention, the muffler sounds like ****!!!!!!! I'm almost embarrased about it!!!!!!
Old 08-19-2005, 11:57 AM

Question

Originally Posted by betterthanbad

2)There was a baffle loose in the muffler and they had to order a new one(makes an annoying buzzing sound when you give it the gas(like it's hitting something)... even in 4th!!!!....3 weeks and they still haven't called me(on monday I will yell at them!!!)

And.............I've noticed that, in damp weather, the car fogs up really easy and I have to roll down the windows to air it out...........DAAAAmMN!!!!!!!I hope winter won't really **** me off!!!!!!

I myself have experienced these exact same two problems. The loose baffle in the muffler was friggin annoying, I had to drive it like that for 3 weeks. I also had a bolt hole on the rear deck for one of the speakers stripped out(from the factory) causing the speaker to vibrate when turned up or on rough roads.

Lastnight was the worst of all though. The ABS went out on the car during hard braking, causing the tires to lock up and I went off the road at about 8-12 mph. I hit a dirt mound and messed up all the plastic on the front of the car, as well as cracking all three heat exchangers, I'm so ******* pissed. The car is 5 weeks old and the ABS goes out, what the hell is that. Chevy's vehicles usually stand up well against wear and tear, but when it comes to electrical/computer components failing, Chevy is the worst.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:22 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got mine in March and I took the exhaust off and put on a better one
Old 08-20-2005, 11:05 PM

OK....So I called the dealer today to yell at them about the muffler...............and they said it's there. So I'm like wtf! no phone call??? anyway, I'll get the thing replaced on monday along with the sunroof controls(which are falling off ------again!!!).
Old 08-21-2005, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by BullDog71ss
I myself have experienced these exact same two problems. The loose baffle in the muffler was friggin annoying, I had to drive it like that for 3 weeks. I also had a bolt hole on the rear deck for one of the speakers stripped out(from the factory) causing the speaker to vibrate when turned up or on rough roads.

Lastnight was the worst of all though. The ABS went out on the car during hard braking, causing the tires to lock up and I went off the road at about 8-12 mph. I hit a dirt mound and messed up all the plastic on the front of the car, as well as cracking all three heat exchangers, I'm so ******* pissed. The car is 5 weeks old and the ABS goes out, what the hell is that. Chevy's vehicles usually stand up well against wear and tear, but when it comes to electrical/computer components failing, Chevy is the worst.

not to be a ass , but did you think of down shifting to stop ??? 90% of the people i know never down shift

and out of all the GM carsand trucks me and my family have owned never had any electrical failures , and when i worked at chevy as a tech , any electrical issues were minor
Old 08-21-2005, 05:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SilverSS/SC
Damn , I feel kinda lucky . I havent had one issue yet in the 6K miles Ive driven mine . Just curious as to the build dates on the cars that are having problems ? My no problem SS/SC was built 5/05 . I would venture to say the later 05's and the current model year SS's arent having all these issues .
Derek, I think you are right, mine too was built on 5/05 and I have yet to experience any problems. Knock on wood, so far so good. Lets start a new thread and gather some stats.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:39 PM

05/05 also...nothing major either....
Old 08-22-2005, 05:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 97cavie24ls
not to be a ass , but did you think of down shifting to stop ??? 90% of the people i know never down shift

and out of all the GM carsand trucks me and my family have owned never had any electrical failures , and when i worked at chevy as a tech , any electrical issues were minor
Yeah.. it's definitely not cool that the ABS did nto engauge, but you should learn to handle a car where you don't have to rely on the ABS for your safety.
How come you needed to slam on your brakes so hard anyway?
Old 08-22-2005, 05:31 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 271 Likes on 184 Posts
[QUOTE=selfinfliction

#4 as of yesterday my driver's headlight started fogging up[/QUOTE]

I also have condensation in my drivers headlight. The service manager took one look at it and he ordered another one on the spot.
The only other problem is two nics in one of my rims, that magically appeared after the dealership rotated my tires during my last oil change. It looks like someone dropped the rim on something sharp (impact wrench?) when the took the tires off. Service technician tried to say they were already there but the nics were near the top of one of the spokes. Service manager also said they would replace the rim. I guess some technician got chewed out royally today.
No other problems to report.
Old 08-28-2005, 03:45 PM

fed up almost

well i'm looking at 6 weeks now since i've been waiting for my exhuast to come in. I was on the phone all last week with gm customer service trying to get my exhuast, it was supposed to be in 2 weeks ago, they tried tracking it, couldn't find it. She called the District Parts Manager, they were considering pulling one off the assembly line for me as of Wednesday. Friday got a call from my dealership saying it was in, so I made an appointment for 8am Saturday. Went in, my mechanic went and got my exhuast, told me GM sent the wrong one, not even remotely close to what's on it now. So, the service manager said that GM just built a bunch of them and they were in Lansing, MI and that I was off on Friday and could they have one by then. They said yes, even if they havta go to Lansing to pick it up themselves. So, it will be almost 7 weeks for my exhuast to come on, good thing i'm only losing 100km per tank full (fill up every 3 days, u do the math) and nothing more serious like a headlight out, wow, get ur **** together!!!