General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Rebel intake VS JBP intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 12:17 AM
Bannned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rebel intake VS JBP intake

http://rebelautoworxs.com/product_in...products_id=46
http://www.jbodyperformance.com/new/...catName=JP0907

They are both 3" intakes, and piece design, and guarantee no CEL's
The rebel is stainless, the JBP is 6061 aluminum
Rebel has a dryflow intake, JBP has a funnel intake.
JBP says theirs spins the air in to the throttle body. Which if that is true it will deliver alot fast than just a straight shot of air like every other intake...

What do you guys think??

no impact no idea?

Last edited by ColeJJones; 03-12-2008 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-12-2008, 12:24 AM

I ordered the JBP one from crateenginedepot.com in October and it's still sitting in my bedroom. Fits like ass. I sent it back and wanted a refund, they "fixed it" and sent it back to me with a $50 coupon for future orders (yeah right). So now I'm stuck with it. The pics RAW shows in their threads of how an aluminum intake with bad fitment will rub through - that's a picture of a JBP.

It doesn't spin the air any more than any other intake, and personally that is a load - the SC does all the spinning of consequence. All I can see is that there is a curvature to the JBP that makes the air bend at a more constant rate than other intakes, but the way it is curved also hits the brake lines and ECU........I can't get this **** to fit at all.

Count me as another person saving up for a RAW or RD Fabs intake (both 3", both quality made, both FIT, no CELs, both durable stainless steel, both true 3").

http://www.rdfabs.com/20ecocobsssc_caint.php

PS: JBP intake for sale, never used, price is $50 plus shipping. You get my "coupon" too.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by CBodnar
do the airbox mod and just call it a day. same gains you will not notice a difference. if not find someone with that intake on there car do airbox mod race them if they have the same mod's as u it will not be a difference i think
some of us are doing more than just a stg2 upgrade lol...cole get the raw...its what i got and did research on both....
Old 03-12-2008, 12:31 PM

yep raw ftw
Old 03-12-2008, 01:48 PM

I just bought a RAW intake through a group buy, not to sell them short, but it'll still be a really tight fit at least on an 05 like mine (mine almost touches the PCM so i offset the mounts, i ground out some engine bay sheet metal to give it extra space around the fender opening, and you really have to wedge it a certain way so it doesn't hit the mud guard), but it definitely won't rub through and will look a lot sweeter cause its polished stainless.

The welds on the RAW intake were pretty good, but a couple had slight slag where it burnt through inside the intake area, so i did some slight grinding, it was just a small bit, but i'm a perfectionist. I also utilized some zip ties to help support the intake so it won't rub later after possibly setting a little.

I don't mind the grinding on the sheet metal because i ground out some of the sheet metal already just to fit my ebay intake and keep that from rattling against things. I'm looking forward to installing my LS4 TB and 3" is the only way to go to get a constant 3" opening all the way through the TB.

Oh yeah, no CEL!
Old 03-12-2008, 05:54 PM
Bannned

RAW sounds like its a winner to me
Old 03-12-2008, 05:57 PM

ive seen how raw's stuff is made first hand...top notch ... cant say anything about jbp...but i do know the work that raw does, and i like it!
Old 03-12-2008, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by thought
I ordered the JBP one from crateenginedepot.com in October and it's still sitting in my bedroom. Fits like ass. I sent it back and wanted a refund, they "fixed it" and sent it back to me with a $50 coupon for future orders (yeah right). So now I'm stuck with it. The pics RAW shows in their threads of how an aluminum intake with bad fitment will rub through - that's a picture of a JBP.

It doesn't spin the air any more than any other intake, and personally that is a load - the SC does all the spinning of consequence. All I can see is that there is a curvature to the JBP that makes the air bend at a more constant rate than other intakes, but the way it is curved also hits the brake lines and ECU........I can't get this **** to fit at all.

Count me as another person saving up for a RAW or RD Fabs intake (both 3", both quality made, both FIT, no CELs, both durable stainless steel, both true 3").

http://www.rdfabs.com/20ecocobsssc_caint.php

PS: JBP intake for sale, never used, price is $50 plus shipping. You get my "coupon" too.
50 plus shipping for a new JBP intake? Pics? And will you send the filter with it?
Old 03-12-2008, 06:00 PM

Those that say airbox mod... get out of here! I own a K&N which mine fits perfectly but the RAW unit looks top-notch!
Old 03-12-2008, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by M-Dub
Those that say airbox mod... get out of here! I own a K&N which mine fits perfectly but the RAW unit looks top-notch!
Get out... why? I got 15 whp from airbox mod w/high flow filter alone. Can't knock the numbers man.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by CBodnar
MY FRIEND AND I BOTH 07 COBALT SS/SC did tests. ran the stock intake + airbox mod + injen cold air intake. funny that the airbox mod and injen cai are the EXACT SAME THING. no hp more from injen cai. we ran both car's then switched drivers same outcome. the car's are perfectly matched. we even did stock tests both car no mod's raced then added injen cai to one then added airbox mod to mine. both car's the same. the only difference you get from injen cai is you spend a lot more money.
ur talking about stock cars...as stated before...some of us dont plan on staying stock or only doing a stg2...were talking about 400whp and no...an airbox mod will not be enough for that amount of power.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Raven SS
talking about 400whp and no...an airbox mod will not be enough for that amount of power.
lmao angelo

airbox mod ftl
Old 03-12-2008, 10:23 PM

Yea... I'm sure that so so many Cobalts are going to be running 400+whp *roll

I would be willing to bet that over 99% of SS/SC's won't even see more than 300whp.

So, for 99% of balt owners, an airbox mod is more than enough.

for the extra 1%... okay, spend the 200+$ on the intake.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:38 PM

RAW would be the best bet. They have amazing products and craftsmanship.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by UmeNNis
50 plus shipping for a new JBP intake? Pics? And will you send the filter with it?
Yeah.....I didn't expect a big interest in this, lol......I got a PM a while ago and payment via PayPal a few minutes later - I'm shipping it out tomorrow to the buyer.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:50 PM

get some dryer hose and chicken wire!
Old 03-12-2008, 10:57 PM

Yea... I'm sure that so so many Cobalts are going to be running 400+whp *roll

I would be willing to bet that over 99% of SS/SC's won't even see more than 300whp.

So, for 99% of balt owners, an airbox mod is more than enough.

for the extra 1%... okay, spend the 200+$ on the intake.
Just to let you know man look at the few who have turbo swaps already, the many in progress of doing a turbo swap and cant leave out the TVS thats about to be out. There will be plenty of cobalts hitting over 300whp. Also might I add there are already a few people getting real close to the 400whp mark as myself am going to be aiming for 400whp by end of june I should have it.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Luv2Race
Just to let you know man look at the few who have turbo swaps already, the many in progress of doing a turbo swap and cant leave out the TVS thats about to be out. There will be plenty of cobalts hitting over 300whp. Also might I add there are already a few people getting real close to the 400whp mark as myself am going to be aiming for 400whp by end of june I should have it.
If you read my post I didn't say nobody would have it. I said 99% of SS owners won't. It is undisputable.

Originally Posted by thought
Yeah.....I didn't expect a big interest in this, lol......I got a PM a while ago and payment via PayPal a few minutes later - I'm shipping it out tomorrow to the buyer.
Damn you... I wanted it.

Last edited by UmeNNis; 03-13-2008 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-13-2008, 08:40 AM

yeah im taking it off his hands. I figured for that price why not, ill sell my K&N now. Thanks thought
Old 03-13-2008, 08:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
raw.
better quality and atleast it fits..
Old 03-13-2008, 09:11 AM

As much as I love JBP... I'd say the RAW intake is pretty minty...
No wear marks on the intake, less heat transfer from the engine, fits decent....
Old 03-13-2008, 09:12 AM

oh i agree but for the price, ill make the jbp work just fine

im going to be powder coating it to so it will give it a little more durability

Last edited by BOOSSTED 06; 03-13-2008 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-18-2008, 07:25 AM

OK guys. For the price the JBP I got will work. But fit ment sucks. I also had to go buy more edge molding to get the edges of the pcm and some other edges that were going to hit the intake. The black looks good but I think the rebel polished stainless will look better and be much more durable ofcourse.

The JBP bulges the fender a ton too, I had to come up with a way to pull it in further which I did. But I still decided to trim the inner liner and use some very tacky adhesive and 6 mil black plastic to re cover. That way the inner fender will not rub and destroy the aluminum.

I hope JBP fixed all of these issues on the new intake. The intake only just touches the one brake line so thats not too bad.

All in all I dont like the fit of the JBP but it should and will have good performance.

Go with the rebel people, the stainless is much more durable and from what they say it has a better fit

all of this is true unless someone with Generation2 intake can say JBP fixed these issues that we all have with the generation 1

Last edited by BOOSSTED 06; 03-18-2008 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-18-2008, 01:23 PM

Sorry to hear you had the same experience I did, but thanks for taking it off my hands.

In the other threads, I've heard at least 2 ppl having fittment issues with RAW. Makes me wonder if anyone can get it right? (Researching RD Fabs now....)
Old 03-18-2008, 01:50 PM

like i said mine is on and working the fitment just wasnt the best

Quick Reply: Rebel intake VS JBP intake