General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Recaro/LSD Package in Canada??

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recaro/LSD Package in Canada??

Hey guys,

I'm just in the process of ordering my SS/SC and am having a hard time figuring out if the "Perofrmance Package" is available in Canada.....The option is not on GM's website and by dealership knows nothing about it. Is this a special-build vehicle, meaning it will be specifically built for me based on my order, or do they have a bunch with this package out in production?

Secondly.....for you folks that do have LSD, how big of a difference does it actually make? I hear its quite large, but should I lose sleep over it?

Thanks for any help
Old 04-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SSmokinCoupe
Hey guys,

I'm just in the process of ordering my SS/SC and am having a hard time figuring out if the "Perofrmance Package" is available in Canada.....The option is not on GM's website and by dealership knows nothing about it. Is this a special-build vehicle, meaning it will be specifically built for me based on my order, or do they have a bunch with this package out in production?

Secondly.....for you folks that do have LSD, how big of a difference does it actually make? I hear its quite large, but should I lose sleep over it?

Thanks for any help
I think motorweek said they had the LSD and they couldn't even tell if it was actually doing anything. I know it will probably add weight to the car The front tires break lose in the SS/SC going around turns but I think that is more related to suspension unloading the inside tire..
Old 04-07-2005, 03:37 PM
p7x

Originally Posted by SSmokinCoupe
Hey guys,

Thanks for any help
Yo man i have been search and asking everyone possible if the LSD is available in Canada, turns out that it WILL NOT be available on the canadian models for 2005. Possibly 2006, even that GM doesnt know for sure. I have talked to a few of my US buddies that have the SS and they could not get theirs with the LSD. Now i dont know if thats for all of the states but i havent heard of anyone who has it on their SS.

As for the difference I don't have my car yet but their should be a significant difference with the LSD during launching the car as well and high speed and tight turns. As mentioned above motortrend said that the LSD was AWOL.

Personally I would not worry about it. Get your car first then see if u actually care if it has it or not and if so get one put in my GM which i have asked them about and said that they can do it but not until next year. Hope this helped
Old 04-07-2005, 09:53 PM

They just added the LSD/Recaro package listed as an option on the US chevy site under build a car. It's also on GMbuypower. Not sure about Canada though. The only people that have driven SS S/C with the LSD are the press, as far as I know.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:39 AM

I tried repeatedly to get the LSD/Recaro package on my Cobalt, but it never happened. Supposedly, my car was supposed to arrive at the dealership yesterday (But it didn't - hopefully soon!), so if it is available, I guess it's too late for me.

I'd phoned GM Canada several times, they informed me the package was available (They even had a name for it - the Recaro Performance Package). However, my dealer was never able to add it to my order through NOMS (National Order Management System). My dealer and GM Canada went back and forth, and eventually determined it's not available for '05, but MAY be for '06.

Anyway, for the original poster, it's probably not something worth losing sleep over, though it'd be a nice option to have. Since you don't seem to be in a rush though, one course of action for you may be to wait for '06 models. I think production is scheduled to begin the end of July, so if you ordered an '06, you'd probably see delivery in August or September.