General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

SC or TC

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cant give up on the whine

http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z...t=cobalt-1.flv
Old 07-16-2008, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by DrPuttsSS/SC

To me the bottom line is money. I am amazed at how many ppl here are considering getting rid of (for example) an '07 SS/SC to buy an '08; that can easliy end up a financial disaster. Most people didn't have a huge downpayment or trade so they are way into negative equity on the SS/SC and will end up throwing away a ton of money to get the newer car.

The first thing I'd do is get to a dealership and run the numbers. For most of us, the loan for the new car + pay off (neg equity) on the SS/SC would be outrageous.
Couldn't have said it better. I don't know whose been paying attention to what kind of money the SCs are going for as trade ins lately, but for those not in the know, IT SUCKS. Even private sale, this cars value went down faster than a cheap *****. Of course this is bound to happen (thanks to the legendary GM quality dept). But you could probably end up taking a huge hit when it comes down to the trade for the TC especially. Plus if you've already gone on and modded the SC at all, you hardly get anything back on that aftermarket. So you could either dump a perfectly good car with a decent performance market already established, or dump several thousand more into a bone stock TC that, granted, has more potential for aftermarket but at a much greater cost ALREADY before even getting into it.

And if you're looking for power numbers which I assume you are as a member of the forums, consider this: 2006-7 SS/SC with the new TVS supercharger ($2000 if I remember correctly) plus a few cheap supporting mods has already proven way over 300whp. Compared to the money you will lose on a trade and the most likely higher payments on a 230-240ish whp TC, you're already in the red with yes, a new car, however one that you will have no money for a long time to increase its performance.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:45 PM

Keep it, don't lose the $1000 the dealer would take when you trade it.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by PocketRocket06
Couldn't have said it better. I don't know whose been paying attention to what kind of money the SCs are going for as trade ins lately, but for those not in the know, IT SUCKS. Even private sale, this cars value went down faster than a cheap *****.
Exactly why I leased mine... ... I didn't do a thing to it... I get to give it back in 10 months, try and get myself a Solstice Coupe GXP, and if that falls through well then I guess my last resort will be to get the SS/TC...
Old 07-20-2008, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltVenomSS
It does sound great, doesn't it!