General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

In For Service

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In For Service

Wife drove my SS/SC in for service today. It's been raining the last few days and I noticed that where the drivers side A Pilar meets the roof liner it was all wet. Something is leaking in. Also my front speakers are sounding like on of them is blown. Kinda weird though cause I couldn't tell which one. I faded Left to right front to back and it seemed I could here the noise in the right when I faded left and the left when I faded right so I don't know what's going on. Maybe the deck itself is screwed I guess i will find out later today. I will keep you all informed as to what it is. Anyone else have these problems?
(PS At least this didn't slow it down none )
Old 06-08-2005, 05:52 PM

Got word now. The seam on the windsheild had to be repaired on the drive side. That's what was leaking when they did a water test (damn robots). As for the stereo they ordered some speakers so they must have blew I guess. Not sure which one i didn't get to talk to my rep. I get to talk to her when they come in in 2 - 3 days.
Watch your roof for leaks could have been more on the line that are gonna leak. You'll see it if it does. The liner gets to be a much darker grey.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:57 PM

actually my passanger speaker started sounding messed up today as i was getting out of the car. ill have to pay more attention tomorrow.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:01 PM

see what happens when you turn the volume down. when i do i hear sort of a static-like hiss from the speakers(doesn't sound blown, though). i don't what's up with that, but others here have also noticed it.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:24 AM

When I turned mine up it went putch - putch they are replacing both door speakers cause of distortion the invoice says. Also it wasn't my windshield that leaked it was the roof trough seam. I was kinda pissed, the wife said they pured water over the car to find the leak and when she picked the car up there was water stains all over it. I wasn't very impressed. They gave her a shuttle to the mall which was alright. I guess they didn't want to give her a car but the salesman that sold me the car offered her to take his car numerous times and offered to pick her up from the mall if the shuttle didn't. Great guy
Old 06-09-2005, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by FILTER888
When I turned mine up it went putch - putch they are replacing both door speakers cause of distortion the invoice says. Also it wasn't my windshield that leaked it was the roof trough seam. I was kinda pissed, the wife said they pured water over the car to find the leak and when she picked the car up there was water stains all over it. I wasn't very impressed. They gave her a shuttle to the mall which was alright. I guess they didn't want to give her a car but the salesman that sold me the car offered her to take his car numerous times and offered to pick her up from the mall if the shuttle didn't. Great guy

There is stains....?????
Old 06-09-2005, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Chevy4Life85
There is stains....?????
White residue left on the car from hard water. It washes off at the car wash usually and did this time but makes for a bad impression when you go pick your car up and see them all over it. Maybe they were just in a hurry cause they fit my car in to there schedule. I heard they usually detail them when they are in for service at this dealer.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:17 PM

White residue left on the car from hard water. It washes off at the car wash usually and did this time but makes for a bad impression when you go pick your car up and see them all over it. Maybe they were just in a hurry cause they fit my car in to there schedule. I heard they usually detail them when they are in for service at this dealer.

"Detail"
meaning some teenager washes your car and half asses the wax
Old 06-09-2005, 05:20 PM

yeah you only wanty a dealer detail if they use a good local place
Old 06-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tiny
"Detail"
meaning some teenager washes your car and half asses the wax
When my dealer prep'd my car they did an incredible job. The even wax the door jams. If they don't do the job right don't take the car home till it's to your satisfaction.

Plus after warrenty work you get a survey, you can put comment on there. GM takes them very seriously so make sure you are truthful and honest, if you give them all 0's I bet your survey gets tossed out as an anomly, statistically that is.

My dealer also offers to wash the car after service, if you get that then yes they just run it through like a laser wash or just hand wash/dry it. If they got it dirty I would expect a bit more out of them, but probably not a full detail job

A detailed car is much more than a wash and wax. It involves small toothbrushes, ect
Old 06-16-2005, 01:47 AM

OK, now my front passenger headlight it foging up. Must be a small leak in it. Damnit, i live 1 1/2 hours from my dealer and the litte stuff and trips is really pissing me off... But i love driving this car.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:54 PM
Proud Playstation 3 Owner

Speaking of getting service done, I just rolled over 3K and got the oil changed. I nearly **** a brick when I saw the price. $65. Damn you Mobil One oil.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:36 PM
Banned

The invoice for a oil change on a Cobalt probly reads:

$25 Mobil 1 Oil
$8 Filter
$10 Labor
$22 To reach filter
Old 06-16-2005, 07:58 PM
Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by philco_3
Speaking of getting service done, I just rolled over 3K and got the oil changed. I nearly **** a brick when I saw the price. $65. Damn you Mobil One oil.

I think the oil part was 33 bux on it's own. But you don't have to change it every 3,000 miles either so it evens out .
Old 06-16-2005, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by philco_3

why did you get it done at 3k?
Old 06-17-2005, 08:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mobile 1 is $4.xx a quart at walmart. You can buy 5 quarts or the 5 quart jug if available for under $25. Get an $8 filter and there you go. Oil change for under $40. That's what I plan on doing. Moist servicing places rip you off so bad for Mobile 1.

The other option if you are not into doing the work yourself is to buy the Mobile 1 ahead of time yoruself for cheaper and bring it to them. I knew a guy who did that and got a much cheaper price that way.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:12 AM
Proud Playstation 3 Owner

$5 for the filter + $8 for the oil($8*6 quarts=$48)+reach around=$65 Yah I'm around tonight to price Mobil One oil. Gets getting changed by me next time or possible bring in the oil like you said.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:49 PM
Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by Nightcrawler
Mobile 1 is $4.xx a quart at walmart. You can buy 5 quarts or the 5 quart jug if available for under $25. Get an $8 filter and there you go. Oil change for under $40. That's what I plan on doing. Moist servicing places rip you off so bad for Mobile 1.

The other option if you are not into doing the work yourself is to buy the Mobile 1 ahead of time yoruself for cheaper and bring it to them. I knew a guy who did that and got a much cheaper price that way.

I wouldn't say rip you off.

So lets say you spend 25+8 or $33 dollars for oil and filter.
That means your saving about $33 bux, except your performing all the work yourself and you have to dispose of the waste products. So for someone like me, it's worth $33 bux to not have to dispose of waste oil and crawl under the car. Plus it gives the dealership guys something to do....

And you don't have to change the oil every 3k miles like regular oil so your also forgeting it's not as bad of a price since your oil change interval is longer now.

Oh and by the way do you take your used oil back to walmart and do they accept it ? I am just curious...