General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

So I went to go test drive the first Cobalt SS around here. GRRR!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 01:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry So I went to go test drive the first Cobalt SS around here. GRRR!

I drove about an hour away last Thurs. to go get my first test drive of this beast, pulled up all excited and eager to get behind the wheel... The dealer walked up to me and we started a conversation about this fine automobile.(me drooling the whole time)... We went on into into conversation and he said THEY STOPPED ALLOWING PEOPLE TO TEST DRIVE THE COBALT SS.... evidently some idiot went out to test drive the car the first day it came in, and decided he would stretch it out on the highway (WITH THE DEALER) he said he got the car up to a buck something and let off... If ANY OF YOU GUYS KNOW SOMEBODY THAT TEST DROVE A COBALT SS IN FAYETTEVILLE N.C. please let me know... I've got beef... But the only way they would let you test drive the thing is if you are already pre-approved to BUY THE THING (just like the corvette)... Needless to say I'm heartbroken... Guess I'm going to have to go hunt up another one and DRIVE FURTHER to be able to get my chance....
Old 05-15-2005, 02:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when i go to test drive one i will bring a 4,000 roll of cash that i will flash the dealer.... i hope thay let me drive one..... i wont buy one unless i test drive one.... after all thay could be slow..

Old 05-15-2005, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by Florida 76
after all thay could be slow..

Haha... they aren't. Trust me.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:07 AM

dealer did 100 with me

When I went to test drive the SS (one of the ones from the NY Auto Show) I started off on back roads and the dealer actually asked me if he could drive first ... we hopped on the highway and he romped on it wound out each gear and let off when he shifted into 4th just shy of 100... car only had 60 miles on it when I got into and the dealer abused it, he did it on every test drive I was told, when I asked about the abuse he said "Who wouldnt wanna buy a car that performs like this and to the guy who buys it... he has a warranty" he really didnt care he was abusing it and then he pulled over and he let me drive it back.( I didnt wind it out like him but did have a good time)
Old 05-15-2005, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by DarthDalla
When I went to test drive the SS (one of the ones from the NY Auto Show) I started off on back roads and the dealer actually asked me if he could drive first ... we hopped on the highway and he romped on it wound out each gear and let off when he shifted into 4th just shy of 100... car only had 60 miles on it when I got into and the dealer abused it, he did it on every test drive I was told, when I asked about the abuse he said "Who wouldnt wanna buy a car that performs like this and to the guy who buys it... he has a warranty" he really didnt care he was abusing it and then he pulled over and he let me drive it back.( I didnt wind it out like him but did have a good time)

thats why id never buy a demo car or a car that i know has been test drivin more then a couple of times...
Old 05-15-2005, 11:39 AM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's hard to keep it under 100 mph
Old 05-15-2005, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Florida 76
when i go to test drive one i will bring a 4,000 roll of cash that i will flash the dealer.... i hope thay let me drive one..... i wont buy one unless i test drive one.... after all thay could be slow..

You would still be lucky... All of the one for the lot that my dealer has had werent test driven to keep the miles down becuase it was such a popular car.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:13 PM

At the dealer I went to they wouldn't let you test drive unless you bought the car...what's up with that. I mean I'm absolutely positive the car is going to rule, but I don't want to buy something I have not driven before.