General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a black and live in NJ. You can have it just have to drive to Atlantic City to get it ( I am actually just outside of AC)
Old 08-14-2006, 07:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The SS/NA spoiler is funny because its at exactly the right height to go right across the grille/headlight areas of following cars in the mirror - making it hard to tell what kind of car they are. Not complaining, really, its just odd how the placement makes such a difference.

I like the NA spoiler a lot better than the SC one, either way.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:19 AM

I have a Yellow LS with no spoiler..I have been wanting a reg spoiler/SC spoiler for quite some time...Just can muster up that much money for the purchance, install and everything that the dealer wants...Anyone have one that they are willing to give up cheap...I would be able to take care of all the shipping charges...PM me if you do...
Old 08-14-2006, 09:29 AM

Don't get it. It blocks too much visibility.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:32 AM

The visual angle is a bit off because the camera isn't taking the pic from the rear view mirror height but you should be able to get the idea.

With a car traveling behind you at 2-3 car lenghts back the spoiler will block their headlights/front grill. Thus making it difficult to see if it's a cop behind you or not. It's a PITA especially at night. Soon as I get some money saved up I'm getting mine removed & patching up the holes along with shaving that non functional trunk lock.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by blown06
I noticed the middle flexs at low speeds but when i am cruising down the interestate there is no flex at all..... i plan on keeping it for a while and get a carbon insert
Mine starts wobbling at anything over 40mph
Old 08-14-2006, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Kemble

The visual angle is a bit off because the camera isn't taking the pic from the rear view mirror height but you should be able to get the idea.

With a car traveling behind you at 2-3 car lenghts back the spoiler will block their headlights/front grill. Thus making it difficult to see if it's a cop behind you or not. It's a PITA especially at night. Soon as I get some money saved up I'm getting mine removed & patching up the holes along with shaving that non functional trunk lock.
Thats the main reason I want to get rid of mine. Plus it actually makes the car look sleeker imo.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:35 AM

Most of these questions have been answered in a couple of huge debates but I will chime in. The wing spoiler is known as an inverse air foil. For straight line driving it has little functionality other than the ability to keep the car more stable at high speeds. Where it comes in very handy however is in a high speed turn. All four wheels need to have a reliable contact to the road as much as possible in a turn to make it successful. The added downforce in the rear helps to insure that contact as much as possible thus its functionality can be seen in those cases. The cars back end is lighter than the front obviously so you can see how the back end will come out from under you even in a front wheel drive car if tire contact just isn't there in a turn. If it wasn't there the chance that the back end will fly all over the place increases.

Most of us with an ss will never see those kinds of turns other than on the freeway which cars are normally safe on anyway but for those that go road racing, every little bit helps specially at that kinda track
Old 08-14-2006, 11:00 AM

hey guys... this is actually my first post here, and i was just wondering if anyone knew when Gravana Tuning is going to have the carbon fiber inserts for the stock wing.. i've seen the wing on their website and i think it would be less expensive to just by the insert than the $300 wing..
Old 08-14-2006, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Orange06Supercharged
hey guys... this is actually my first post here, and i was just wondering if anyone knew when Gravana Tuning is going to have the carbon fiber inserts for the stock wing.. i've seen the wing on their website and i think it would be less expensive to just by the insert than the $300 wing..
dunno if this still applies but because of the wars going on carbon fiber is both very hard to find and very expensive to purcahse for consumers. That being said it may be some time before true carbon fiber products will be in production as much as they used to be.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by OniMirage
dunno if this still applies but because of the wars going on carbon fiber is both very hard to find and very expensive to purcahse for consumers. That being said it may be some time before true carbon fiber products will be in production as much as they used to be.
i love companies who use disasters and wars to increase prices (or at least the market, not just companies)

i remeber after 9/11 computer ram's price increased by almost x3. it was ridiculous.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Apex
i love companies who use disasters and wars to increase prices (or at least the market, not just companies)

i remeber after 9/11 computer ram's price increased by almost x3. it was ridiculous.
yeah it sucks they take a bad situation and make it worse for everyone.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:28 PM

im sort of torn, i dont know if i want to remove my spoiler or just buy a stock trunk with no spoiler (that way i can put the old one on with the spoiler if i want too)

cause i love the sleekness of no spoiler, however the wing has grown on me.... I JUST DONT KNOW *cries*
Old 08-14-2006, 12:29 PM

SS/SC wing argh!

the SS/SC wing is huge.... vibrates like stink and does partially block rear vision. It all depends on whatcha like... I am selling my SS/SC wing (sunburst orange), if you are interested.
I am going for the RKS 3 piece
Old 08-14-2006, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Apex
im sort of torn, i dont know if i want to remove my spoiler or just buy a stock trunk with no spoiler (that way i can put the old one on with the spoiler if i want too)

cause i love the sleekness of no spoiler, however the wing has grown on me.... I JUST DONT KNOW *cries*
when available I would like the carbon fiber insert.