General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Sponsorship?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sponsorship?

Well most of you know my car by now.. i have alot of $$ into it and it always seems like its never enough. I was looking towards sponsorship, but not for stuff like radio, lights etc.... I looking more for realistic stuff ill actually use I.E. Tires, Paint, Suspension, Etc..... Does anyone have any experience or any ideas on how to go about this?
Old 10-07-2009, 09:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Scott.Florschuetz
Well most of you know my car by now.. i have alot of $$ into it and it always seems like its never enough. I was looking towards sponsorship, but not for stuff like radio, lights etc.... I looking more for realistic stuff ill actually use I.E. Tires, Paint, Suspension, Etc..... Does anyone have any experience or any ideas on how to go about this?
You have to look local for a paint shop, give them a plan on what you are doing ie: shows, charties & so on. Falken & alot of other tire makers have sponsorship apps on their sites.
You must have a game plan & a good resume to get what you want.
Edit: also you can get help from business's (money) to paint the car but you have to advertise your sponsor on the car!
Old 10-07-2009, 09:56 PM

It's a pain unless the company comes to you first. I've tried to get sponsors before for various things like performance, wheels/tires, just about all of it. You have to write the company, ask if they're accepting sponsoship applications and then after that, you have to send them a "report" of sorts explaining what mods are currently on your car, what you plan to do and how you'd like to get there. After that, you have to send in multiple photos of your car from every angle(professional recommended) and wait forever to get a response. I mean, if it's something you want to pursue, then go for it. But from experience, it's a PITA to get sponsored by any major name brand. Easiest way to learn more is to go to that particular companies website and check the links, there's almost always one for "sponsorship opportunities". Hope I helped some...
Old 10-07-2009, 09:59 PM

good luck and i mean that. companies arent giving out **** due to economic state we are in. their bugets are burned up. and not to be a dick but companies are looking for full out wild smoe car not a 2004 ION Redline with "Just a few bolt ons".

ive put close to 25g into our cobalt thats 90% all show and the most ive been getting from any company is cost on parts.