General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

SS/SC owners...

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by faSStCobalt31
i know i hate it when the cobalts are supposed 2 stick together but i have been piped by more cobalt drivers then i have hondas and thats sad
At the end of the day , an asshat is still an asshat .....regardless of what they drive .
Old 09-29-2007, 12:26 PM

The only douchebag I've run across was an srt4 owner that said (in regards to my car) "at least a girl finally got a girls car"

ooohhh, bitch you did NOT say that to me....
Old 09-29-2007, 12:30 PM

Sounds like you met some real tards--hopefully, you'll have the opportunity to meet some better SS/SC owners While the majority here are some uneducated douchebags as well, a select few are really really cool and know their stuff
Old 09-29-2007, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by DSMissed
The only douchebag I've run across was an srt4 owner that said (in regards to my car) "at least a girl finally got a girls car"

ooohhh, bitch you did NOT say that to me....
coming from the guy who drives a neon... LMAO!
Old 09-29-2007, 12:55 PM

I dunno I have met some LS owners and I talk to one SS/SC owner, all of them have been cool. The only SS/SC by

The thing about being "unique" in how you mod your car though I just don't agree with. As with any car you look around and you will see everyone does the same things. The appearance people get tint, body kit, maybe some carbon fiber etc. The performance people do the full exhaust, stage 2, supercharge, boost. It's all the usual stuff really if you look at it, people choose different sub-choices from within these categories but the main ones are always the same.

Don't get me wrong I am not saying anything bad with modding your car, we all want to stand out from the people who keep it stock. I just don't think modding makes you all that unique really, maybe in your area but definitely not in the grand scheme of things.

Anyways just ignore the D-bags out there. A lot of people in the car scene are just wanting to show that they are Billy Bad-Ass, even if they don't know anything at all about their car. The true car fans though will sit and talk your ear off about their car, their plans, the things they have done. Id love to have a cobalt from my area want to chat cars but all I see are a bunch of stockers who just see it as a car.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:56 PM

Competition and arrogance has always been part of the car world.
It get worse by the year since there are more and more cars being built with a separation between base models and so-called powered models.

Some guys just buy base models because their frugal. They know they can build the same exact car, or even a much faster one for alot less in cost. They dont want to finance and have extra finance charges for something they can do themselves, have more pride into because of themselves just by poking around and being frugal.

Others may want that type car with all the mods because its a rarity, they actually dont worry about money etc. But those are the rarest of the car buying world.

Lastly, the all money/payment plan, no brains. They dont care, they have and ego to feed and represent the highest of the majority of a vehicle type owner.

It never used to be like that because there wasn't the amount of vehicles they could be bought like this. Yeah we had a few, minority that could afford the Camaro's, Mustang's etc that had the most power, but they even to know those cars existed, could be ordered still had a gear head bring up of sorts. Now any Tom, Dick and Harry can go into a dealership and pick one right off the lot and once they do they think it automatically makes them some kind of car guy and when he dont fit in, which is highly likely because a real car guy doesn't care about winning/losing etc, its all about the experience which the new guy doesn't understand so the arrogance sets in. It just doesn't make any sense to him!!!!

Today, after 30+ years of attending any form of a car show/meet etc the trend is really showing itself.

1) Vette owners are the worst. For the majority never owned anything with any form of performance. Now just got to the point in their lives they can afford something with performance and pick a Vette because they have no idea how to do anything else. Most are die hard American's, meaning they would only consider American cars.

2) Close second is the Rustang owners. These guys also have never owned something with performance in their shorter lives and can afford for the most part. Oh there are some of the old veteran owners which want the new car because they were brought up during the car wars, but there far and few between. More of a middle aged thing.

3) Cobalt SS/SC owners are a very close to the Rustangs. Only difference is, its the youngest of the crowds.

Of all the small cars out there the arrogance within this group shows a high majority within the owners group is this way. WHY????
Old 09-29-2007, 02:02 PM

theres an older guy on my street with a sunset orange corvette and he's really nice, he always waves at me whenever we pass by in our cars. He doesn't seem like a douchebag at all.

i haven't met any ss/sc owners. i saw one on the freeway once and tried to catch up to him but it got off and i had to keep going
Old 09-29-2007, 02:38 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
There is a Sunburst Orange SS/SC with a canister exhaust in Orland Park. I travel through on my way home from work sometimes. One day I caught him at a stop light and said with a smile, "Hey man! Nice car! That's my favorite car!" he kind of smiled and nodded, "Then I said, "Hey man, have you heard about CobaltSS.net?" then he nods. The light turns green, and he speeds off. At the next light his window is rolled up.

I'm like, wow...ooookay. Then there is this other guy who I see once and a while who has THE HIGHEST WING on his ss/sc. Its LITERALY like a foot above the roof of the car. Me and my friends were like..what...jeez.

I think the reason alot of ss/sc owners get their rep is because a lot of them besides the ones on the board are ******** and ricers who make us look bad. I would probably argue with them and make them look dumb if they ever talked about the SS/SC with stupid stuff.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:55 PM

theres a local one near me in a blue ss/sc that doesnt know how to drive worth a **** so people already think my car is ad.....
Old 09-29-2007, 03:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
had a LS come flying up next to me the last time i was home. he then took off so i followed him and then turned around went to head back to blockbuster. while i was in there i just happend to look out at my car and there are 20 people around it and i see that black LS next to it. so i gave all the video's to spoiledalice and she paid and i went outside to see whats up. well i got there and the driver is a 16 just got his license and the car. he popped the hood and started to brag he pointed at his air filter box and said that was his supercharger and that he has big plans for this car. i laughed and popped my hood and said this is a supercharger and (then pointed at his airbox) this is a airbox and your air filter is insdie it. he was in denial and said that his S/C was hidden then because he swore he heard a whine when he gunn'ed it. after talking and all of his friends were around listening they all started asking me questions about cars and whatnot. he accepted the fact that his wasnt the supercharged model and i gave him this website. pretty cool kid but he just diddnt his facts straight.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:09 PM

nope out of all the cobalt members ive met from here and else where ive been cool with and so have they.... personally I think i can get cocky at times and probably come off as a ***** to some people but I just say im confident in my car and my driving.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChiTownSS
Well majority of people on this site seem like they have a decent knowledge of the SS/SC and arent cocky bastards, but I have to say I havent met one smart/cool SS/SC owner. I work at a chevy dealer and have met 3 guys, 2 here and one on the road.

Douchebag #1: This guy is telling me about what I should do to my car. He put on new muffler or something for $150 and is telling me it added 10hp. He says he plans on getting a full exhaust, GM stg 2, and intake and that I should do the same. With those mods our car will be doing 0-60 in 4 seconds and will beat a C6 Z06. What?!?! Are you serious? Yes he was dead serious, repeated this 4-5 times. Ok so all SS/SC owners cant be this thick headed.

Douchebag #2: See him outside service and go talk to him. Conversation goes like this, more or less.

me:"Nice car, what mods you got done to it"
db2:"Just injen CAI, ordered ZZP 2.5" pulley"
me"Let me know how that runs with stock injectors, cause it might get lean with all that extra air flow."
db2:"No my car is supercharged, it'll make it faster"
me"I know i have a black one around the corner"
db2:"No but mine is supercharged"
me:"Cool, ttyl"

Then he floors it to show off, and bounces off the rev limiter a few times That weekend a buddy of mine said he tried to race a red ss/sc with an injen sticker on the rear windows, same guy. He said the guy would pull on him (buddy drives a stock tc) then get in front and hit his brakes hard, he did this twice in a row.

Douchebag #3: Im pulling onto my street when I see a yellow ss/sc drive-by so I follow rather than park. The guy must have seen me cause he revs his engine. He has an exhaust that sounded nice so I wanted to ask him what it was. I follow him down a couple streets and I honk and wave for him to pull over, so he floors it...He is flying down side streets, burning rubber at every stop sign, wtf? I finally catch up and when we pull onto a 2 lane road. I try asking him what exhaust he has and he says $21,000 so I guess he thought I ask how much he paid for the car. I say, no and point to the back of the car and say exhaust again. He says oh $1,200. What kind? He doesnt know, so I say you spent $1,200 on an exhaust and you dont even know what kind it is and he says yep and smiles. So I just say bye, give thumbs up and head back home.

I know people have labeled SRT owners as the cocky douchebags, but I have met and hung out with like 5-6 of them and they were all cool, knew their car and didnt think it was the fastest thing on 4 wheels. Im starting to think that SS/SC owners are the douchebags here. Anyone else meet any SS or SS/SC owners like this?
every Cobalt owner that mods his car that ive met under the age of 25 is a complete douscebag and thinks that becuase they have a supercharger there god , its pathetic
Old 09-29-2007, 03:36 PM

idiots.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:47 PM

well i have the 2.4 so i know my is slow, but i like to have fun and goof around with people in faster cars. but i dont act like i can beat them.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Red2.4SS/SC
every Cobalt owner that mods his car that ive met under the age of 25 is a complete douscebag and thinks that becuase they have a supercharger there god , its pathetic
I have read a lot of your posts and I have a lot of respect for your opinions. ^ This statement, however, is a complete generaliztion and for the most part ignorant. I would have to agree that there is a much larger percentage of ******* SS/SC drivers under 25, but to say that every driver is an ******* is a complete fallicy.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
thats funny.
seems to be the same with any GTO owner under 30
Old 09-29-2007, 06:13 PM

here in northern new york there's a cobalt on nearly every corner so being different is a bit hard to come by. i can't say that everyone i've seen out there is a d-bag, some have that arrogance but most of them are middle-aged men/women with kids that just wanted a decent car over a full-size suv. makes sense. i haven't really interacted all that much with other cobalt drivers. i did run into one at wal-mart not too long ago [not literally] that was missing a tail light. it was pretty close to dark so i told him about it and he said thanks and that he didn't even notice. cops here suck, i didn't wanna see him pulled over a few miles down the road.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:16 PM

It's tough being a 33 year old SS/SC owner. I didn't buy a SRT-4 because of all of the douchbag owners, and now I am afraid that SS/SC owners are getting the same reputation.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Boober
It's tough being a 33 year old SS/SC owner. I didn't buy a SRT-4 because of all of the douchbag owners, and now I am afraid that SS/SC owners are getting the same reputation.
Then you haven't me the whole Pittsburgh crew . We're actually a pretty decent group around here. There are one or two SS/SC owners to watch out for, but for the most part the douchebaggery stays with the base Cobalt/G5s and Civic drivers.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:38 PM

WOW! what a thread
Old 09-29-2007, 09:39 PM

sounds like you live around a bunch of idiots...
Old 09-30-2007, 01:30 AM

ive met a fair share of ss/sc owners and ill agree for the most part they are douche bags, its pretty amazing how little most people know about their cars. ive also met a few cool ones, theres a chick with a red one who is pretty nice and hot , then there 2k5ss/sc? he helped me out alot and a few guys i met from bay city riders.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tlax23
I have read a lot of your posts and I have a lot of respect for your opinions. ^ This statement, however, is a complete generaliztion and for the most part ignorant. I would have to agree that there is a much larger percentage of ******* SS/SC drivers under 25, but to say that every driver is an ******* is a complete fallicy.
i agree with you , thats why i said the only owners I have personally met , and thats a total of about 5 2 being below 25 , i didnt say that all the cobalt owners under 25 are ignorant because they are definately not , im just saying the 2 ive come across have been
Old 09-30-2007, 03:11 AM

i'm 17 and i have the LE5, thats supercharged right?? i'm just playing man
Old 09-30-2007, 03:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Schultzay
i'm 17 and i have the LE5, thats supercharged right?? i'm just playing man
read my above post

Quick Reply: SS/SC owners...