General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

SS/SC owners...

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 03:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dang, now i do feel ignorant, just not about my car lol
Old 09-30-2007, 03:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
whats funny is when people don't know the difference between the 2.2, 2.4 and the 2.0. all of them have different aspects that make them unique to the other one. i have a 2.4 ss and i've had about 6 people who all driver cobalts say to me "thats the 2.2 right" and whats funnier is their looking right at my ss emblems lol. anyways all the guys i've met with any cobalt have been very modest and sincerely into cars, which is a nice change from the people who go to a shop and tell them to just do things to the car, where as any car enthusiast will do it himself unless outside of his/her capability.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Red2.4SS/SC
i agree with you , thats why i said the only owners I have personally met , and thats a total of about 5 2 being below 25 , i didnt say that all the cobalt owners under 25 are ignorant because they are definately not , im just saying the 2 ive come across have been
Ohh ok I misunderstood you then... Its all good bro
Old 09-30-2007, 09:32 AM

In general, a lot (not all, but a lot) of the problems associated with drivers of our cars is the fact that 2 many young and inexperienced kids drive them. They get their hands on their first fairly quick car and all of a sudden they think they're Pro Stock racers.

Me, I'm 47 years old and have been racing cars since 1982. So I've seen all types of drivers, both good and bad.

But when I meet someone with absolutely no racing experience what so ever (no matter what kind of car they drive) who thinks he knows everything there is to know about cars ...

I just ignore them. Eventually, they will learn.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by alleycat58
Then you haven't me the whole Pittsburgh crew . We're actually a pretty decent group around here. There are one or two SS/SC owners to watch out for, but for the most part the douchebaggery stays with the base Cobalt/G5s and Civic drivers.
I talked to one of your crew (06laserss/sc) the first or second week I picked up my car. He seemed pretty cool, though I have seen him haulin A$$ over the Rochester/Monaca bridge a few times since then.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:04 AM

Actually the group back in Washington state where I'm stationed at seems to be pretty good. When I met up with them, I was by far the oldest. But their a great group of guys (and gals). We got a little grill and cruise planned for when I get home in a month.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Boober
I talked to one of your crew (06laserss/sc) the first or second week I picked up my car. He seemed pretty cool, though I have seen him haulin A$$ over the Rochester/Monaca bridge a few times since then.
Yeah, Rick's a cool guy. And yeah, there are a lot of leadfoot SS/SC drivers around. But usually we're not dicks/bitches behind the wheel. The one guy is actually at the SCCA Solo Nationals right now competing. Actually no, he's done competing I just haven't gotten an update from him. Aside from he and I, being the "twisties" racers, pretty much everyone else has some more hefty mods done. Ranging from Stage 2 w/ intake and exhaust to a turbo swap with a turbo from a 7 liter Cummins Diesel truck.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Most people I've met have been really cool. There was a kid with a red ss/sc follow me on rt 201 here in Huber Heights, OH. I noticed him, slowed to wave and he gave a peace sign. At a light tho he kinda gave it a lil gas and acted like he wanted to run me. I was turning into my apartment. He could go either way, cocky, or just havin fun.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:51 PM

I usually wave to other cobalts all of them are 2.2s though but then theirs the 2 door 2.2 drivers that think their cars faster or somthing when they see my four door/ dunno Only seen 2 ss/sc around here one halling ass down the road and the other is always parked in the neighbrhood my parents live in. The d bags with fast cars want to race thats kewl and if they wanna act like ******** thats fine/ just hope they dont do it outside of their cars cuz my hands have superchargers

everyone on here seems to be kool people I dont mind diffrence in opionions knowledge being shared from older men, because as much as you know their is always gonna be somthing you havnt experienced and If you can learn from someone eleses experience, do it or atleast try too. Sucks all the others just cant be so open minded