General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Stealership

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Stealership

I goto the stealership yesterday to get my stage 2 installed, which is ******* bas ass BTW, and they GOUGED both of my sideskirts because the tech drove into the bay too fast and the car bottomed out on the lift. Gotta go get BOTH skirts repainted on monday, *******....
Old 09-28-2007, 08:44 AM
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
are they taking care of it?
Old 09-28-2007, 09:57 AM

yeah but it just sucks, it wont have a factory paint job anymore. I dont know about in 2007, but i do know about 5-10 years ago there was no aftermarket paintjob that could stand up to a factory paintjob without an exuberant amount of clearcoating....
Old 09-28-2007, 09:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not true, it will look the same, i hit my hood and front bumper, and painted eyelids on my car and the color matched perfectly, and this was me doing it for free, and got my paint from my uncle which he works at a ford dealership and they made the paint, yeah ford made my paint but its the same
Old 09-28-2007, 10:00 AM

Im not worried about it looking the same, because the color should be an exact match. Im talking about in 6 or 7 years after sitting in the alabma sun if itll look different than the rest of the car....
Old 09-28-2007, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by lewisb13
Im not worried about it looking the same, because the color should be an exact match. Im talking about in 6 or 7 years after sitting in the alabma sun if itll look different than the rest of the car....
your paints not old as it is. and the paint the dealership is using is the GM factory paint. I wouldnt worry too much
Old 09-28-2007, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by lewisb13
if u take care of it, as in waxing and washing it all evenly it should be the same, oo may i add on the new paint dont use wax that contains silicone, use a polish, the clear coat needs to breathe, and im not kidding the clear cant be blocked by the silicone, wait like a couple of months to use wax, i waited till now to use wax on my car since all i was using was this special polish my uncle had
Old 09-28-2007, 10:03 AM

After that I would of bitches and got my stage II installed for free. Thats total BS. Just glad they will take car of it.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by OrngBalt
your paints not old as it is. and the paint the dealership is using is the GM factory paint. I wouldnt worry too much
There is no such thing as GM Factory paint, or Ford paint etc. most dealerships do not even have their own body shop. Most of them sublet it out to another shop. The type of paint used at every body shop is different. They all use a brand of paint like Dupont or PPG, but every GM dealership that does have a body shop does no use the same brand. Some have a contract with Dupont, some have one with PPG, or someone else. Either way, as long as quality paint products are used by skilled technicians, the job should look fine even after a few years of Alabama sun.

Originally Posted by Coblt ss super
if u take care of it, as in waxing and washing it all evenly it should be the same, oo may i add on the new paint dont use wax that contains silicone, use a polish, the clear coat needs to breathe, and im not kidding the clear cant be blocked by the silicone, wait like a couple of months to use wax, i waited till now to use wax on my car since all i was using was this special polish my uncle had
Most paint manufacturers request that you wait 30 days before waxing fresh paint. Waxing prior to that will trap chemicals that are trying to be released and cause reactions such as blistering and peeling.

Last edited by kenhebe; 09-29-2007 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost