General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

test driving a base cobalt next week

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
test driving a base cobalt next week

yup thats right i'll be test driving a base 4 door auto next week, i'll see if i can take some pics. and i'll write a review. also some insite, the dealer did tell me gm is working on some performance options ie staged packages. but wasnt sure on exact details on hp specs and what each stage included. and as far as the lsd being standard he said to his knowledge it was part of the performance package, recaro seats and lsd.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:22 PM

That's awesome man. Def. try to get some pictures.

...anxiously awaiting review and info on staged packages from GM...

Old 01-28-2005, 11:19 PM

I test drove a four door a few weeks ago.. It had leather seats. The works.. Looked nice, felt good.. I did notice a differene in power.. AND THATS BECAUSE right now I have a 6 cyl. 5spd Beretta!! around (I think) 165 to 175 horse power. But over all.. It did climb up to speed nicely.. I got the rpm's at 5,600 before it shifted to the last gear... Sounded realy nice also!!.. I think with the 5 spd that I'm getting, it will feel a lot better and sound good! Handling was nice and tight, braking was awsome. hahaha I am just remembering what my dealer said... """ Ummm the dealership is right there to yours left, where are you going?" and I said " I just want to see how the car brakes and takes turns at high speads" he said " OK GO FOR IT" so me like a wacko putting the car through a test... Makes a left into the dealership at like 45 50 while hitting the brakes...

Well, I was suprised.... It didn't even feel like I was taking the turn fast at all!

anyway.. enough of me and my story here... OH and sorry about the spelling, I'm a bit in a rush to get out of my house!! LOL
Old 01-29-2005, 12:18 AM

yeah i'll try to take pics. i have a cam on my phone that takes good pics so he he i'll sneak some. i went in there to get an oil change and stayed there for a while waiting for it and i asked the same sales rep that i talked to previously and he told me, all excited also, that he got one in yesterday. then i instantly became happy. it has a new car smell i sat in it allready, so there for i can give a brief write up.

interior, well not the greatest but probably the nicest looking domestic asside from caddilac and the vette, but it does feel kinda cheapish imo, even the cavalier had a soft padding on the dash so it felt soft and nicer, it does look well put together imo. seats were very supportive carpet is low cut unfortunatly, it had chrome faced gauges. i didnt pay attention to the stereo system so i dont remember, i did look at the center consol, and it plain sucks. cant put your arm down. and that blows imo. over all fit and finish is nice gm could have spent about 1000 more and it could have had nicer better feeling interior instead of the cheapish feel. i'll tell you how the drive is when i test it. the one i tested was silver 4 door auto, no power options.