General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Test drove the SS today!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Test drove the SS today!

With nothing to do today I looked up on the net and found a dealer with a few SS's naturally I went down and test drove a full loaded SS sc, god what power. It was my first time driving manual though and that was a pain.The clutch oh these cars is ridiclous, even when the salesmen drove the car it was really rocky taking off, gotta say it wasn't a smooth ride. But otherwise the power was awesome and it was fun to get the experience, but i gotta say I love my automatic =)
Old 04-07-2007, 04:03 PM

yeah the clutch takes some gettin used to, when you master it you will see the cars true potential
Old 04-07-2007, 04:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get real

My name is Alexis, Jimmy's girlfiend, and I've been driving stick for many years now. I can pretty much guarantee that everyone stalls the first time they attempt to drive stick. That being said, no salesman in his or her right mind is going to let someone who has never driven stick drive a car on their lot. Constant stalling obviously hurts a clutch. People first learning to drive stick stall. I find it hard to believe that you somehow intrinsically knew how to drive manual and magically did it perfectly the first time. I don't know why you would lie about never having driven stick before, are you thinking you're big and macho because you mastered it right away, just be honest. I'm not trying to be a bitch, so don't reply to Jimmy that "you're gf's a bitch dude." I'm just saying, tell it like it it.

Alexis
Old 04-07-2007, 04:14 PM

Lmao
Old 04-07-2007, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmys2007CobaltSS/C
My name is Alexis, Jimmy's girlfiend, and I've been driving stick for many years now. I can pretty much guarantee that everyone stalls the first time they attempt to drive stick. That being said, no salesman in his or her right mind is going to let someone who has never driven stick drive a car on their lot. Constant stalling obviously hurts a clutch. People first learning to drive stick stall. I find it hard to believe that you somehow intrinsically knew how to drive manual and magically did it perfectly the first time. I don't know why you would lie about never having driven stick before, are you thinking you're big and macho because you mastered it right away, just be honest. I'm not trying to be a bitch, so don't reply to Jimmy that "you're gf's a hot **** dude." I'm just saying, tell it like it it.

Alexis
LMAO
Old 04-07-2007, 04:18 PM

My name is Alexis, Jimmy's girlfiend, and I've been driving stick for many years now. I can pretty much guarantee that everyone stalls the first time they attempt to drive stick. That being said, no salesman in his or her right mind is going to let someone who has never driven stick drive a car on their lot. Constant stalling obviously hurts a clutch. People first learning to drive stick stall. I find it hard to believe that you somehow intrinsically knew how to drive manual and magically did it perfectly the first time. I don't know why you would lie about never having driven stick before, are you thinking you're big and macho because you mastered it right away, just be honest. I'm not trying to be a bitch, so don't reply to Jimmy that "you're gf's a bitch dude." I'm just saying, tell it like it it.

Alexis
What are you talking about? He said it was his first time and it was a pain and tricky, never once did he say he mastered it nor found it easy. Please read before you post.

Anywho yes the SS/SC has lots oh good useable power after first, its a lot of fun.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Banned

Alexis
x2 when i bought my ss/sc i didnt even test drive it for the sheer fact that i had never driven a stick , and the salesman had to somewhat teach me the basics for like an hour , then when i finally got the car and was on my own on a real road i stalled pulling out of the dealership , it took me like 800 miles to learn how to properly launch the car just to drive it everyday
Old 04-07-2007, 04:19 PM

Alexis
lmfao wtf
Old 04-07-2007, 04:29 PM

I think Alexis needs to post a pic
Old 04-07-2007, 04:34 PM

Alexis
WTF X 1,000

Originally Posted by Toronto SS
x2

Last edited by yellowcobaltss05; 04-07-2007 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-07-2007, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Red2.4SS/SC
x2 when i bought my ss/sc i didnt even test drive it for the sheer fact that i had never driven a stick , and the salesman had to somewhat teach me the basics for like an hour , then when i finally got the car and was on my own on a real road i stalled pulling out of the dealership , it took me like 800 miles to learn how to properly launch the car just to drive it everyday
haha same I'd never driven a stick before in my life until I left the dealership with this car. Boy was it funny having the sales men show me how to drive it. " ok now slowly..." STALL..."thats ok just start it back up... ok now like i said, slowly..." STALL...
Old 04-07-2007, 04:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
look what my g.f has started , i'd apologized "Xavipheus" ...that was mess up...i aint trying to cause drama man
Old 04-07-2007, 04:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bigrroberto
haha same I'd never driven a stick before in my life until I left the dealership with this car. Boy was it funny having the sales men show me how to drive it. " ok now slowly..." STALL..."thats ok just start it back up... ok now like i said, slowly..." STALL...
, sounds like my case , it was terrible , stalled like 20 times literally, oh well have to learn it somewhere at some time , good times
Old 04-07-2007, 04:42 PM

Whoaaaaa wtf....I never said i was good, the guy drove me to a school parking lot and yeah i stalled i kept letting go of the clutch too fast. I dont think i made any impression that i was good with it. Also why are you yelling at me like im some honda kid coming on here saying the SS Sucks.

I eventually got the hang of it, as best as I could in a little parking lot. But I didn't like it.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:48 PM

good call...
Old 04-07-2007, 04:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Xavipheus
Whoaaaaa wtf....I never said i was good, the guy drove me to a school parking lot and yeah i stalled i kept letting go of the clutch too fast. I dont think i made any impression that i was good with it. Also why are you yelling at me like im some honda kid coming on here saying the SS Sucks.

I eventually got the hang of it, as best as I could in a little parking lot. But I didn't like it.
dont worry man the ss/sc rides REALLY REALLY rough especially when your not used to it , i HATED the way it rode and felt when i first got it , but then i learned how to drive it and got some good tires , so now its really nice
Old 04-07-2007, 04:56 PM

dont worry man the ss/sc rides REALLY REALLY rough especially when your not used to it , i HATED the way it rode and felt when i first got it , but then i learned how to drive it and got some good tires , so now its really nice
Does it smooth out over time? Obviously getting use to it is one thing, but as the car breaks in is it still rough? Because id still love to buy a SS/SC. Also would you agree that a SS SC isnt the best car to learn manual on for the first time? haha
Old 04-07-2007, 05:06 PM

Does it smooth out over time? Obviously getting use to it is one thing, but as the car breaks in is it still rough? Because id still love to buy a SS/SC. Also would you agree that a SS SC isnt the best car to learn manual on for the first time? haha
I would definitely agree that and SS/SC is NOT the best car to learn manual on. Get something with NO gettup and go. Lol. It took me forever to learn how to drive a manual. I started driving a pos chevy truck which had no get-up, to a honda prelude with an EXTREMELY touchy clutch. I got stuck so many places in town and had to get people to come bail me out. Lol.

As for Alexis... chill pill, hun.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i really need a friends car to practice stick on....ive got my friends mustang GT and my brother in laws silverado...270HP with a performance clutch and 300HP in a tank....way too hard for me..lol
im totally set excelt my neutral to first....gear changing is easy enough...but dayum...im horrible on getting into first, or on hills

i havent even tried reverse yet...lol

anyway...manual just takes practice
Old 04-07-2007, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by lucky_lellow06
As for Alexis... we need pics, hun.
+100
Old 04-07-2007, 08:00 PM

ingalls FTW
Old 04-07-2007, 08:14 PM

I learned how to drive stick on the SS/SC and it wasn't a picnic. I stalled it lots of times. Its a bit scary starting on a hill especially with cars behind you. I didn't think I would ever get the hang of it but it eventually you get the hang of it.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:15 PM

+100
LOL, riiight...
Old 04-07-2007, 08:20 PM

, sounds like my case , it was terrible , stalled like 20 times literally, oh well have to learn it somewhere at some time , good times
haha i bought a newer civic from a dealer. when we got in it to test it out, the salesman asked "how long ago did you learn to drive a standard?" i laughed at him and said " i dont know how to" i never stalled it though. just rode the clutch pretty hard. what an experience.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:24 PM

With nothing to do today I looked up on the net and found a dealer with a few SS's naturally I went down and test drove a full loaded SS sc, god what power. It was my first time driving manual though and that was a pain.The clutch oh these cars is ridiclous, even when the salesmen drove the car it was really rocky taking off, gotta say it wasn't a smooth ride. But otherwise the power was awesome and it was fun to get the experience, but i gotta say I love my automatic =)
Hey man it not that easy to drive a stick my mom taught me when i was 16 to drive a stick. Once you get it down on how to drive one you will find that a stick is more fun then an automatic by a long shot. But hey so you are looking to buy a new cobalt ss/sc or just want to test drive it?

Quick Reply: Test drove the SS today!