General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

They really know how to treat customers - RPD update

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They really know how to treat customers - RPD update

I never thought I would be one to post something like this, but I really wanted to share my experience with everyone, everywhere.

I have an 09 LNF cobalt that came with an RPD. Like most of you with the same upgrade I've previously wanted the RPD and the ability to add 2 gauges to the unit like the customer 3 gauge pillar pods that have been available for years.

Well when I noticed a certain thread on CSS (Gauge Pod w/RPD Slot - Cobalt SS Network) I decided to help out on 6/29/2010. I wanted that custom gauge pod for my rpd, and was also looking to help out a company I really liked and also the SS community.

I agreed to send my brand new RPD. I bought the car brand new, and the RPD had no nicks, scratches or sign of wear. I was explained that it would be 3 months and that my original pillar would have to be destroyed so I would be sent back a custom gauge pod. That was a major win in my book. So I Agreed to do it. All I asked in return was a pillar (base model stock preferably) so there wouldn't be an empty spot in my car. I was immediately shipped a box with a 3 pillar gauge pod to put in my car, and return shipping labels with bubble wrap to return my pillar. Before I even start the story this is what my RPD lcd screen now looks like :

and this is the gist of this whole story, and the help i've gotten :

Lets fast forward to January of 2011:
I have been pretty patient and it's been a little bit longer than expected. I started asking for updates and nothing could be really provided. I didn't really pursue any further. You can see this in the emails. (interviewatruins.tumblr.com)

Lets fast forward to Late april. At this point i'm looking to sell the car, and the Dealership that sold me the car originally wants the RPD back in the car or they will drop my trade in by $480. At this point its been 10 months, and now that I'm getting rid of the SS I really want it back. I basically get told it's not available. Then I get the following reply.
You can see this in the emails. (interviewatruins.tumblr.com)

There were really no issues and I even joked after about it being all good, as I figured there was a misunderstanding.

I get no reply for a few days so I ask again.

I check the thread rpd pillar and there is a picture of a prototype gauge pod with the RPD in it. So after not getting any reply, I start feeling I'm being lied to. I start to get a little upset, of course only after many emails of being told there is no update. At this point I do start to complain and provide the situation again with the car. I am finally told a prototype is available and that I will be getting it.
Then this :

After this email I get this reply.

"I take great offense to someone telling me I guaranteed something when I
did not.
My word means a lot to me. So, to me, someone misrepresenting what I
said is the same as them lying about me.

I have the prototype piece and your original electronics if that will
suffice but there will be two open holes for gauges."

I reply and state that is what I wanted all along, and that will work. 7 days later after being promised the prototype gauge pod by an associate of the companies, I open a box and see that my stock Pillar and RPD have been returned. I'm slightly disappointed but it's okay. I'm not going to keep the car anyways. The dealer just wanted it back. After taking it out of the box, I notice there is a nice scratch on the LCD screen, the rpd is dirty. The pillar is nicked, has dirt marks and oil marks on it and is also scuffed. The pillar was in a box of paper that the company sends with Downpipes. In fact the box itself has LNF no cat written on it. There is no bubble wrap, nor a return label to return the 3 gauge pillar I originally got temporarily. At this point i'm thoroughly upset, but still don't lose my cool. I was promised a prototype, and instead I get exactly what I sent in, but in really bad condition. After emailing pictures. I am directly called a liar. I am basically told to stop complaining, and that they've done what they said they'd do. This of course is a lie. Again this is all in the emails. (interviewatruins.tumblr.com)

Every email between the company and I is posted below.
If you'd like to skim it, just take a look at the dates and take a look at the last picture on the first page, and most of the posts on the second. More important take into account the treatment, and how you'd feel if this way you.
I am utterly bothered that i am being called a liar. That no help is being provided. I feel i've been more than reasonable throughout this whole ordeal. All I want at this point is to be paid the difference so I can finally get rid of the car, or immediately get a new one sent out. The associate agrees to give me a new one, and when I request an account number, or blank labels or a way to print out return labels I am ignored. I have spent a lot of money with this company and trusted them fully. I was told it'd be 3 months, and it turned out to be 10 months. I wasn't too upset at the wait time, but now i'm upset that I got returned a damaged product and there is no assistance or help. Beyond that I am being directly insulted.

This is not at all a good way to run a company, or provide customer service. I'm sure most of you would agree that if you were in my position you probably wouldn't have been as patient. I try not too be too upset, but at this point I don't know what to do. All I want is payment for the rpd or a brand new RPD and pillar (like I originally sent in) and return labels to send the unit back. Through out this whole ordeal I was pretty much made fun of, blamed on for many things that were not my fault, sarcastically replied to and blatantly called a liar and fraud. For what? For attempting to help a company help others? I don't think this is at all fair, and I hope the rest of you agree.

If you want to read the entirety of all emails to come up with an unbiased opinion please do so. Every email is included. The only ones I did not include were the ones where I provided my address again. Also the original pm's over CSS. Those were deleted long ago, and I don't have an upgrade account. These emails span between my work email. Screen shotted from mac mail, and also from gmail. This is why they look different. No tampering, editing or word changes have been made whatsoever. (interviewatruins.tumblr.com}

Please keep this thread clean. I don't want wars going on between people.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Resident Post Whore/Troll

damn bro thats wack, im sorry about your issue with ZZP, i love there parts but recently there customer service has been horrible, my buddy spent like $4k with them and they screwed him over, long story short he bought the S252 turbo kit from them with there tuned PCM he got the kit and the PCM was blank, so he couldnt run his car, after 2 weeks with no replies what so ever he finally said F*ck u guys and he went and got tuned by Vince, but seriously someone spends $4k with your company and u ignore them for 2 weeks? come on guys.....

well anyways hope it gets resolved, and srry for my rant lol just thought ide share that with everyone also
Old 05-09-2011, 04:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Curious to see if Zoomer chimes. Or if this thread gets deleted because of the supporting vendors thing though. Personally, I've never had any bad dealings with any of the venders here, but I do realise that no company is perfect. Really sucksabout your deal though Sounds like they sent you some one ealse's stuff that some one ealse sent in. I dont supose you did a serial number check on the RPD?
Old 05-09-2011, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by insylem
Curious to see if Zoomer chimes. Or if this thread gets deleted because of the supporting vendors thing though. Personally, I've never had any bad dealings with any of the venders here, but I do realise that no company is perfect. Really sucksabout your deal though Sounds like they sent you some one ealse's stuff that some one ealse sent in. I dont supose you did a serial number check on the RPD?
theres no serial number on the rpd.
i was under the impression I was the only one that sent one in.
however i'm not really concerned about perfection. I got past the wait, and the fact that I was told last thursday a prototype would be coming in. then i got my stock piece back.
i'm concerned with customer service and being told i'm a liar and that no help will be given. even though what I sent to them has been damaged. all i want now is a new rpd or payment for mine. i still haven't received a reply from the emails i sent to matt, or the emails to zoomer requesting shipping labels. if this one gets deleted i guess thats fine. i posted this to about 10 other forums as well.
i tried to be very patient even after the fact.

i appreciate the consolation though. means a lot!
Old 05-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by insylem
Curious to see if Zoomer chimes. Or if this thread gets deleted because of the supporting vendors thing though.
One or the other is probably going to happen. I guarantee it won't get resolved as it should be though. The vendors on here generally have no accountability for their own errors since they know it'll just blow over in a week or two.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:12 PM

Regardless of what they sent back out to him he sent them a perfect condition rpd screen. It should have been returned that way. Obviously the pillar he sent it would get destryoed to make the new ones but none the less the rpd should have been untouched.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:15 PM
corn gas ftw....

wow haza.....this is really upsetting to hear about that company
hopefully they deliver before it becomes a legal issue
Old 05-09-2011, 04:15 PM
Vtec Rep
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cliff notes?

dont feel like reading through all that. i love zzp haha.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by BPacak
cliff notes?

dont feel like reading through all that. i love zzp haha.
sent zzp my rpd 10 months ago in perfect condition. was told it'd be 3.
i email in for updates patiently with nothing really given.
10 months later i want to sell car. i start pushing for a response.
they tell me they'll send me a prototype gauge pod and my rpd lcd last thursday.
am returned a stock pillar and my rpd lcd screen scratched, scuffed and dirty.
email in patiently, and am called a liar and told basically told they don't want to hear it.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by ssblackstealth
wow haza.....this is really upsetting to hear about that company
hopefully they deliver before it becomes a legal issue
600 isn't worth legal issues by either party. Hopefully they just fix their mistake
Old 05-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Vtec Rep
Platinum Member

yeah that sounds kinda shitty.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Platinum Member

Sorry for your luck but this doesn't surprise me.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Premium Member

Thats some bullshit. ZZP needs to up there customer service game. Calling you a liar? what about ""The customer is always right".

This situation just lost ZZP alot of respect points from me.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by whyyoumadson?
600 isn't worth legal issues by either party. Hopefully they just fix their mistake
Beat me to it. That's why I said they'd have no accountability - as much as people threaten to get courts involved, it's not worth the time/money investment so it never actually happens.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:28 PM

Hmm, zzp might be dropping down my list.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by whyyoumadson?
yeh i'm in texas.
if i was in illinois i'd have just made my way to the shop long ago.
ive got family in the legal business , but i really just want them to assist.
not pursue that stuff. it's not worth it.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by redcobalt07
Hmm, zzp might be dropping down my list.
lol you should put mpx before ttr :p
Old 05-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Resident Post Whore/Troll

Mpx ftw!!!
Old 05-09-2011, 04:39 PM
Vtec Rep
Platinum Member

mpx ftw haha. ttr is second.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:42 PM

I have to say I didn't read the whole thing lol I already had a headache haha but that does kinda suck

I love ZZP, they're awesome but they should def. help you out on this one and have a little better customer service

Good luck to you man
Old 05-09-2011, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Supercharged Guy
I have to say I didn't read the whole thing lol I already had a headache haha but that does kinda suck

I love ZZP, they're awesome but they should def. help you out on this one and have a little better customer service

Good luck to you man
thank you sir!
yea i've never had issues with their parts.
this is the first time i ever needed their customer service.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wonder if it would be tacky for a competitor to drop in this thread and give their 2 cents about the situation?
Old 05-09-2011, 05:39 PM

Theres always two stories, have to see what they say
Old 05-09-2011, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by ebristol
I wonder if it would be tacky for a competitor to drop in this thread and give their 2 cents about the situation?
i encourage it!
would be interesting since i posted every email interaction.

interviewatruins.tumblr.com

i misread i thought you said the company.
yea it'd be weird if some other company came in. lol. i think we all know what good customer service is.
don't need some other company telling us what they would or wouldn't do.

Originally Posted by tanelk
Theres always two stories, have to see what they say
agreed!

see my post above this one.

Last edited by ei3dag3; 05-09-2011 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-09-2011, 05:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
*Waits for ZZP to chime in*

Quick Reply: They really know how to treat customers - RPD update