General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

They really know how to treat customers - RPD update

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt M
You seem to miss that Zoom offered to replace the RPD if he sent it in. It's basic business. The OP demanded more. Zoom said that was the deal he can offer. It's done at that point. There is no giving in just to resolve it. If we did that for this guy, the next guy will demand a little more, then the next guy, etc... Sorry. He was offered a replacement. All he had to do was send it here. That's pretty easy stuff.
right and id like shipping labels so i can do so. ive asked at least 3-4 times.
and send back your 3 gauge rpd. but if i send it back how long will it be till i get it again?
better yet why don't you sent me the new rpd lcd and new pillar (not prototype) back with labels, and ill send you the damaged rpd, damaged pillar and your triple gauge pod.
a lot of people on here know me. i've sold stuff for a lot of cash during my two part outs and always delivered honestly.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:58 PM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by interviewatruins
i said that because a new one costs 616 dollar from the dealer.
Thanks for correcting me. Yes, you didn't ask for $480, which is the correct price for a new one. You asked for $600+. I edited my post above. Thanks for the correction.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:03 PM
Former Vendor

right and id like shipping labels so i can do so. ive asked at least 3-4 times.
and send back your 3 gauge rpd. but if i send it back how long will it be till i get it again?
better yet why don't you sent me the new rpd lcd and new pillar (not prototype) back with labels, and ill send you the damaged rpd, damaged pillar and your triple gauge pod.
a lot of people on here know me. i've sold stuff for a lot of cash during my two part outs and always delivered honestly.
We are not sending shipping labels. Understand?

So now your suggestion is that we send you MORE stuff and hope you send our parts back?!?! Let me get this straight... You already have our 3 gauge pod, and a good working RPD and pod, and we should also send you a brand new RPD and pod? Then we should include shipping labels as well and hope that you send everything back? Is that your most reasonable suggestion?
Old 05-10-2011, 11:05 PM

i actually asked for 480 cause that was the amount the dealer was going to take off from the trade in with no rpd.
hence why saying it'd be cheapier and easier to just pay 480 instead of 616 which is the actual cost of the new rpd.

its in the emails.

We are not sending shipping labels. Understand?

So now your suggestion is that we send you MORE stuff and hope you send our parts back?!?! Let me get this straight... You already have our 3 gauge pod, and a good working RPD and pod, and we should also send you a brand new RPD and pod? Then we should include shipping labels as well and hope that you send everything back? Is that your most reasonable suggestion?

i was being sarcastic. thats why i said "better yet".
after i said how long will it take.
sorry i'm being frank but quoting me and saying that ive basically got a hidden agenda because i asked you to pay for something damaged in your possesion is a bit ridiculous.

if youre willing to replace the rpd and pillar why won't you pay for shipping labels? so i can return the damaged product and your pillar. is it so you can win under the understanding im sending it to you? and then ignore me some more like before ? im sure you can understand my lack of faith. i trusted you guys for a long time.

Last edited by ei3dag3; 05-10-2011 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-10-2011, 11:48 PM

I have had problems with them as well and so have many other people. For years i have heard this, it will never change apparently money grows on trees out there and not from there customers.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:10 AM
corn gas ftw....

still shouldnt have to pay out of pocket to senf it in for something that happened out of his control

how did he demand more? all he asked for was his stuff back the way he sent it and apparently that was too hard of a task to accomplish, but either yall need to send him some shipping labels to replace his stuff or he can send back the damaged one at his expense for the price of a new one, because he was pretty much brand new when sent in.......this shouldnt be that hard and shouldnt have come to this....but it is what it is and hopefully it can be resolved respectfully and soon
Old 05-11-2011, 12:19 AM
Former Vendor

i actually asked for 480 cause that was the amount the dealer was going to take off from the trade in with no rpd.
hence why saying it'd be cheapier and easier to just pay 480 instead of 616 which is the actual cost of the new rpd.

its in the emails.

i was being sarcastic. thats why i said "better yet".
after i said how long will it take.
sorry i'm being frank but quoting me and saying that ive basically got a hidden agenda because i asked you to pay for something damaged in your possesion is a bit ridiculous.

if youre willing to replace the rpd and pillar why won't you pay for shipping labels? so i can return the damaged product and your pillar. is it so you can win under the understanding im sending it to you? and then ignore me some more like before ? im sure you can understand my lack of faith. i trusted you guys for a long time.
No one ignored you until you made unreasonable suggestions. You started this thread and clearly stated that I wouldn't respond to you. However, the truth is that you contacted me and told me you were upset that it was taking too long and that you needed a pillar. I talked to Henry and had him get one from Fusion. He proceeded to get the part shipped out to you. To me, that seems like a far cry from, "Matt won't answer my emails." which is why I don't feel that you are being reasonable, or truthful in your quest to inflict damage on ZZP.

Yes I think you have an agenda. I think that if we send you another RPD that you will refuse to send ours back out of spite. In these cases, an established business does not typically send out additional parts and trust the disgruntled individual to follow through with his end of the bargain later. That would leave us just asking to get taken advantage of.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:47 AM
corn gas ftw....

haza is not the type to "take advantage" of a situation...a lot of us that know him can vouch for that, and that if he says he will give what is yalls back he will! (and in the condition he recieved it in)

all he wants is to have his stuff back in working order the way it was before he sent it to yall to try and help you to make a new product and a good profit off of them, and this is how that kindness is dealt with.....
Old 05-11-2011, 12:51 AM
Premium Member

oppppsss

Last edited by rukkee; 05-11-2011 at 08:47 PM. Reason: I'm a bleeding heart
Old 05-11-2011, 01:10 AM
Banned

Exactly. It is an assumption.
He told me straight out that it would make more sense for us to pay him $616 than to replace the part that he sent us. That's a sure sign of an ulterior motive. When a customer expects more than what most people would consider reasonable, we do not give in. Some companies do, but we don't. It only makes the cost of doing business higher and results in higher prices for everyone else. Our business strategy has worked very well for us despite an occasional internet bashing.
Ulterior motive? How about he just wanted to buy a new RPD so he could sell his car, and it'd be significantly faster to send money via paypal so he could buy a new one than shipping his to you, waiting for you guys to "fix" it, and send it back.

Yes I think you have an agenda. I think that if we send you another RPD that you will refuse to send ours back out of spite. In these cases, an established business does not typically send out additional parts and trust the disgruntled individual to follow through with his end of the bargain later. That would leave us just asking to get taken advantage of.
Actually, when my cell phone was damaged, Verizon mailed me a brand new one with a return shipping label. They had my CC info on file so they could charge me the full amount for the phone if I didn't send mine back in. I'm sure you still have his payment info around as he's stated multiple times he's a previous customer of yours (or you could just ask him for it) - why not do this? That way he'd get his new unit, and if he tries to screw you, you charge him for it.

Really - do I have to do all the logical thinking for you guys?
Old 05-11-2011, 01:43 AM

interviewatruins is a great guy. I know him personally and have even worked on tuning a car with him. I believe this to be as he says it to be word for word without a doubt in my mind. There are few people in this industry that are as honest, understanding and willing to work with you as this guy. In all honesty I would take a bullet for him which is saying a lot considering.

As far as ZZP goes, I kindly say **** you and **** off, you'll never see a dollar from me and if I can help from anyone I know.

aside from that, sorry this had to happen to such a great guy. How you been? been awhile since I've last seen or talked to you. I moved back to Pa after my contract was up and left Fort Hood.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:44 AM

no one knows if zzp scratched the screen so you cant sit there and blame them for that.... they only thing i can say is if you have pics of the box...if its damaged they are clearly not to blame and the shipping company is for it other then the poor packaging and no insurance an an expensive piece.

but if the box showed up un damaged and all is well then its possible that it happened before it left from zzp or fusion. fusion last i check parts out quite a bit of cobalts and its possible that scratch could have even come from an accident. hense this wouldnt be your fault, nor the ops but none the less in the end it should be taken care of if it happened prior to shipping.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by tuner923
interviewatruins is a great guy. I know him personally and have even worked on tuning a car with him. I believe this to be as he says it to be word for word without a doubt in my mind. There are few people in this industry that are as honest, understanding and willing to work with you as this guy. In all honesty I would take a bullet for him which is saying a lot considering.

As far as ZZP goes, I kindly say **** you and **** off, you'll never see a dollar from me and if I can help from anyone I know.

aside from that, sorry this had to happen to such a great guy. How you been? been awhile since I've last seen or talked to you. I moved back to Pa after my contract was up and left Fort Hood.
ken! damn man. it's been a while. i appreciate the kind words. really means a lot man.
you enjoying the civilian life? i hope your in high spirits and doing well.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by whyyoumadson?
no one knows if zzp scratched the screen so you cant sit there and blame them for that.... they only thing i can say is if you have pics of the box...if its damaged they are clearly not to blame and the shipping company is for it other then the poor packaging and no insurance an an expensive piece.

but if the box showed up un damaged and all is well then its possible that it happened before it left from zzp or fusion. fusion last i check parts out quite a bit of cobalts and its possible that scratch could have even come from an accident. hense this wouldnt be your fault, nor the ops but none the less in the end it should be taken care of if it happened prior to shipping.

just a minute....

Last edited by ei3dag3; 05-11-2011 at 02:05 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:51 AM

it was a general statement not directed at you..should have put that.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:57 AM

ken! damn man. it's been a while. i appreciate the kind words. really means a lot man.
you enjoying the civilian life? i hope your in high spirits and doing well.
I am hating civilian life lol. I am currently going to school at UTI bleh it's garbage but it's free and it's credit hours. I am going back to Active duty after graduation in march 2012. other than that not much has been going on.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:59 AM
Ion
Banned

I agree with tuner923. Matt and whoever the heck else is there, you are pathetic. It doesn't matter what the situation is, you guys have been immature and set a bad example for your company. As a fellow business owner, its horrifying to even think how quickly I'd be out of business if I used the language you all have used with customers. I'll be sure to forward this onto the BBB myself (as many others have done). Whether you were right or wrong is mute in this case. You showed a complete lack of business ethics and common sense. How you expect to sell parts to the Ecotec community henceforth defies logic.

1. The customer is ALWAYS right. Even if they are wrong. In this day and age, you don't tell a customer they are wrong.
2. Don't air your dirty laundry on a public forum. He may have started the thread, but you could have just said "The situation is being taken care of privately" and gotten hold of him.
3. Don't insult a customer. Regardless of whether he was a "customer" in your eyes, he's a member of a large forum that does not take kindly to being told "how it is". Using profanity is even worse.

He may have an agenda, but you have one as well. You want your bottom line to match, and doing it at the expense of your customer base is not only morally lacking, its saddening. I liked you guys. I turbo'd my old car thanks to your kit. I bought parts from you I didn't even get to use. I was a part of the ZZP fan base. Not anymore. I have lost all respect for ZZPerformance, and for you all as business men (and perhaps women?). With all the complaints filed against you, I wouldn't be surprised to see you removed from the Vendor list. Its too bad, really.

~Josh
Owner, Hollywood Productions, LLC Entertainment
Co-Owner, AtoZ DJ Services
Consultant, Over The Hill Records
Old 05-11-2011, 02:05 AM

you can tell a customer they are wrong....customers are usually wrong due to lack of knowledge. we see this a lot in the autobody business today. we NEVER and i mean NEVER slander our customers. we simply show them how it cant be our fault(unless it is our fault) or we take care of it in hopes of good faith and a return customer and just say, "hey we didnt do this, wasent our fault but we went the extra mile to take care of it"....just like every car weather its a simple bumper job or a 15k+ hit we do, weather its a high end ferrari or someones hunk of crap we treat them all the same. we arent perfect by all means and we have our ups and downs from time to time but we definately do not slander our customers even if they slander us.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:06 AM

I am hating civilian life lol. I am currently going to school at UTI bleh it's garbage but it's free and it's credit hours. I am going back to Active duty after graduation in march 2012. other than that not much has been going on.
same man haha. ive thought about joining the navy or air force. enjoying working at apple though and kicking back a bit. took a bit of school. what are you learning at mit? better be car related what do you got planned when you go back?
Old 05-11-2011, 02:08 AM

it was a general statement not directed at you..should have put that.
no worries! i said just a min like hold on a sec haha. i posted the pics you asked for.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:10 AM
Ion
Banned

you can tell a customer they are wrong....customers are usually wrong due to lack of knowledge. we see this a lot in the autobody business today. we NEVER and i mean NEVER slander our customers. we simply show them how it cant be our fault(unless it is our fault) or we take care of it in hopes of good faith and a return customer and just say, "hey we didnt do this, wasent our fault but we went the extra mile to take care of it"....just like every car weather its a simple bumper job or a 15k+ hit we do, weather its a high end ferrari or someones hunk of crap we treat them all the same. we arent perfect by all means and we have our ups and downs from time to time but we definately do not slander our customers even if they slander us.
There's a difference between saying a customer is mistaken or something, but calling him out for "having and agenda"? BAD idea. I have times where I tell a client that playing unskinny bop for their first dance is a bad idea or that Garth Brooks and Hank Williams do not make for good dance music. That doesn't mean i call them names for being ridiculous. I've also never had a complaint. But that's cuz I'm damn good at what I do and work hard at it. ;-)
Old 05-11-2011, 02:11 AM

same man haha. ive thought about joining the navy or air force. enjoying working at apple though and kicking back a bit. took a bit of school. what are you learning at mit? better be car related what do you got planned when you go back?
I'm at UTI lol taking their automotive and diesel program. navy or airforce are better choices than marines or army by far. it's worth it to serve tons of benefits.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:11 AM

Well the box looks pretty clean to me....must have been damaged before it left
Old 05-11-2011, 02:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just can't support any company where someone calls a customer a dick head on a public forum. just proves how terrible your customer service. ZZP lost my business.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:16 AM

I'm at UTI lol taking their automotive and diesel program. navy or airforce are better choices than marines or army by far. it's worth it to serve tons of benefits.
haha wow...its late :p i meant uti.
thats awesome though. i always thought about joining something like that. maybe when im done with st eds ill do it. im already a junior so i might as well finish.

Quick Reply: They really know how to treat customers - RPD update