General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

They really know how to treat customers - RPD update

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by troyss
So you made this thread knowing you are not going to send it back and replace it? Sweet
nope!
i made this thread cause i had been ignored for 5 days. never told i was not getting labels till this thread.
i would have sent it had they provided labels, and not dealt with them throwing out all the insults and lies.
after that i don't trust them to be considerate or make this a speedy transaction. especially since i wanted the car gone 2 weeks ago. not gonna wait any longer to sell it.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Banned

Well on the bright side you'll never have to deal with
Zzp again EVO boy
Old 05-12-2011, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by troyss
Well on the bright side you'll never have to deal with
Zzp again EVO boy
correct.
i'm not gonna get an evo though. trying to catch up on school loans.
gonna get a shitty car. maybe a 240 sx or something like that. so i figure i'll give carmax the car and buy a crappy 240sx for 2 or 3k. low insurance and no car payment.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by interviewatruins
i don't deal with customers
i work with our service providers worldwide.

where you gathered some of your opinions such as the rims comment, or customers calling about a messed up ipad i have no idea.
i'd probably go crazy if i had to be on the phones doing customer service or tech support.
I got that information from this comment you made after I said I work in Patient relations:

Originally Posted by interviewatruins
a dental company? i sit through bs all day for apple.
Which led me to believe you work in Customer Relations for Apple. Clearly not the case.

And I apologize I thought your rims were painted gunmetal. Your sigpic is kind of misleading with the lighting. I still am shocked that they wouldn't accept the pillar in the condition it was in, although, outside of the picture of the scratch, I can't see its condition.

Either way, ZZP has offered to further resolve your problem pending your shipping. You have opted not to go that route. So there's no need to discuss further.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetsandman
I got that information from this comment you made after I said I work in Patient relations:

Which led me to believe you work in Customer Relations for Apple. Clearly not the case.

And I apologize I thought your rims were painted gunmetal. Your sigpic is kind of misleading with the lighting. I still am shocked that they wouldn't accept the pillar in the condition it was in, although, outside of the picture of the scratch, I can't see its condition.

Either way, ZZP has offered to further resolve your problem pending your shipping. You have opted not to go that route. So there's no need to discuss further.
yea this was made clear a few pages ago.
i don't trust them anymore and i'm not paying to send them it to screw around with it again and take their time.

not that the pics matter at this point...these were sent to zzp.

that is not a shadow btw.

those are actual scratches, not just marks.

if you click the pic from interviewatruins.tumblr.com it'll go into a higher resolution.

Last edited by ei3dag3; 05-12-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Zooomer
And you're missing what the ORIGINAL deal was. The ORIGINAL deal was for him to give ZZP his RPD, and in return, after R&D was completed, he would receive an RPD and the ZZP RPD pod. Are you struggling with that? The deal you outlined was NOT the original deal. End of discussion.
Why is it that sandman can understand this so clearly and despite it being spelled out over and over, Dainslaif...you have can't figure it out?
Hold up. Sandman just said that the original deal was the following:
Haza sends you his RPD, and after R&D was complete, you would send him the RPD and the ZZP RPD pod.
This is what Haza and I've been saying all along, so yeah, we're actually in agreement on this one. It's sad how you quote something, say that's what the original agreement was, and don't understand what it meant.

To make it crystal clear for you: By saying that was the original agreement, you're saying that Haza had no intention of letting you keep his RPD.

Technically he 'backed out' by not letting you finish your R&D, but then again he didn't ask for the ZZP RPD pod either. He just wanted any pod that would fit the RPD. He wanted to go back to square one, that's all.

Last edited by Dainslaif; 05-12-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:11 PM

they finished their r&D. they have the dimensions now. thats really all they needed my pillar and rpd for.
they just need to perfect it now. anyways. whatevs.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dainslaif
To make it crystal clear for you: By saying that was the original agreement, you're saying that Haza had no intention of letting you keep his RPD.

Technically he 'backed out' by not letting you finish your R&D, but then again he didn't ask for the ZZP RPD pod either. He just wanted any pod that would fit the RPD. He wanted to go back to square one, that's all.
To be crystal clear...ZZP informed him ahead of time that his original unit would be destroyed in the R&D process. So square 1 isn't really possible.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Banned

To be crystal clear...ZZP informed him ahead of time that his original unit would be destroyed in the R&D process. So square 1 isn't really possible.
The original Pod, of course, but not the RPD. Why would they need to destroy the RPD? Why not just make a wooden/foam mockup? >_>
Old 05-12-2011, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Dainslaif
The original Pod, of course, but not the RPD. Why would they need to destroy the RPD? Why not just make a wooden/foam mockup? >_>
What I'm saying is, the original agreement was not for him to get his original product back. I don't know what ZZP's R&D process entails. The agreement was for him to get a prototype back once it's completed. That was the original deal. No more, no less, and no option for going back to square 1 were negotiated.

It appears the OP did not want ZZP's final alternative so they will part ways
Old 05-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Banned

Doesnt that last picture of the scratch mark tuck into the black side piece by the door anyway? You wouldn't see that If it was installed
Old 05-12-2011, 06:35 PM

My question is why does Zoomer kept saying it was a pod was it not an RPD and a pod im confussed.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:13 PM
AWD > FWD

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think the problem with this thread here, is far too many misunderstandings. I don't think that interviewatruins understood ahead of time that he could not back out of this agreement once the development process started, and zoomed might not have made himself clear enough on that fact. Donating parts to the development of a product is not something to go into if you have even the slightest idea that you might sell the car. Zzp clearly stated that the stock pod would be destroyed, so you would obviously be completely destroyed, with nothing left but the electronic unit itself, thus leaving no room to back out at all. Since when are parts in development ever ready as soon as the developer predicts. For example, look how long mpx took making their intercooler, it was many months longer than predicted iirc, or zzp on theirs for that matter. At this point in the thread, all everyone is arguing here is semantics. This thread is going no where. I guess maybe what would have been the right course of action, on zzp's part, would have been to make an actual legal contract, to protect themselves in this case, and make sure all parts of the agreement were clear.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:17 PM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
This is still on?
Old 05-13-2011, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Matt M
This is still on?
I know right, 17 ******* pages in like 3 days.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:37 PM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Godly
...This situation just lost ZZP alot of respect points from me.
I couldn't agree more.

I have read of problems in the past (I mean there will always be a hiccup), but this just seems to be plain wrong.

Originally Posted by thedude411
this probably should have been put in the zzp vendor section rather than general cobalt. that way they have a better chance of seeing it
I do not agree - if it was, it would have been deleted by now.

Originally Posted by thedude411
this probably should have been put in the zzp vendor section rather than general cobalt. that way they have a better chance of seeing it
Wow... simply put, Wow.!

...Just read Zoomers' posts.. wow... *shakes head*

@Haza,
I think you're just going to have to deal with what you have in your possession, maybey you can clean it ip, maybe there is an LCD screen cleaner you can use, but what ever the case since Zommer started posting in this thread (I accidentally hit respond way before he stated replying), it is eveident that he has a chip on his shoulder from dealing with you, and you're best off just keeping what you have in hand, and calling it a loss...
I'd encourage you to close this thread, and let it go already.
I would also encourage you to send the triple gauge pilar, on your own dime - afterall, this was not a part of the original deal, and at the end of the day it would cost you what $15, to prove that this suggested "ajhenda" doesn't exist... even if no one outside of the ZZP office knows you've done this.

@ Zoomer,
I can see where you might be upset, but to condense things a bit, you have not handled this (publicly) very well at all.
I would suggest that getting your BBB rating up might be of high priority, as that is in and of itself a pretty damning piece of information right there.
I'd also encourage that you buy stuff instead of making deals with (potential or otherwise) customers - if you had done this to begin with, you would have saved face.

Last edited by soundjunky; 05-13-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:49 PM
Banned

What I'm saying is, the original agreement was not for him to get his original product back. I don't know what ZZP's R&D process entails. The agreement was for him to get a prototype back once it's completed. That was the original deal. No more, no less, and no option for going back to square 1 were negotiated.
Oh, I see what you're saying. I thought you were talking about the RPD, which is ultimately what the thread was about and what Zooomer was claiming was "purchased" from Haza. The pod was an aside, not the real topic at hand.

But while we're on the topic, part of the agreement was that he'd be given a prototype pod - a rough time estimate of 3 months was given and missed wildly. I guess it's Haza's fault for not getting a firm timeframe, but how the hell does 3 months become 10 and the product still isn't done? That's some terrible group management if you miss deadlines that badly, especially since you're borrowing someone else's property to develop it.

Originally Posted by TommypSS/TC
I guess maybe what would have been the right course of action, on zzp's part, would have been to make an actual legal contract, to protect themselves in this case, and make sure all parts of the agreement were clear.
Agreed, any smart business should in these situations.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:51 PM

He is selling the car to car max now anyway, why was this posted to begin with??
Old 05-13-2011, 03:54 PM
AWD > FWD

Ok, I have a question on all of this, can the RPD itself be seperated from it's mount? or is it completely built in? What I'm saying is, could the pillar have been sent without the actual rpd itself, and just send the pillar and mount.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:57 PM

Ok, I have a question on all of this, can the RPD itself be seperated from it's mount? or is it completely built in? What I'm saying is, could the pillar have been sent without the actual rpd itself, and just send the pillar and mount.
I'm thinking yes, how hard/easy to get apart idk but pretty sure you can.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:06 PM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
yes, the RPD is bolted to the pillar.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:11 PM
AWD > FWD

so doesn't it make more sense to just send the pillar and not the RPD itself? That way less chance of damage or anything like that. I don't see why the actual unit would be require to make the pillar
Old 05-14-2011, 01:20 PM
Banned

so doesn't it make more sense to just send the pillar and not the RPD itself? That way less chance of damage or anything like that. I don't see why the actual unit would be require to make the pillar
Fitment testing. If they got the measurements wrong and didn't have an RPD to test, they'd have no way to know until people started buying the finished product.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:26 PM

well obviously they needed the rpd unit itself for testing and what not theres not reason at all the actual screen should have been destroyed.it comes apart and you make the mold from the pillar not the rpd.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:45 PM

I have never, nor would I ever by from ZZP, I have refrained from saying it, but it's rediculous the way you treat customers turning disagreements into online pissing contests. This guy tried to settle with you reasonably, you didn't care as has obviously been shown in the emails. He had to "get into your pockets" by smearing your name on the site for anything beneficial to his position in this situation to happen. Even then, he let YOUR words speak for themselves.

Then, in childish fashion, you continue to come on this forum and berate anyone who has enough gall to openly stand against your terrible customer service. I fully expect to have something detracting said about me for this, even though I just stated what has been showcased in every single thread where any customer/forum member/vendor or otherwise refuses to bow to ZZP. As if we will be Jedi mind tricked into believing you based on your insistence. Basics of advertising is word of mouth is better than placed media, how do you think you business works? I don't see ZZP billboards, I see it listed in customers signatures, the same ones you disrespect on a whim.

Truth is, this kind of thing doesn't happen often, and it's not the frequency that concerns me and SHOULD concern others, it the public relations when it happens. Hire somebody, your terrible at this.

Quick Reply: They really know how to treat customers - RPD update