General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

UAW is now on strike

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 07cobaltss
wrong, fort wayne general assembly is doing straight eights.

i'd like to see you build 3 cars every minute and make them all perfect, with no flaws. and thats why they have warranties, to fix problems, i'd suggest using it.
they have a specific job to do and thats the only job they have do to.. they are not building a whole car.. they are doing a small section they should be an expert at.. im sorry.. but with that "many" experts in plant.. cars should be better.. seems those little gooks have it right...
Old 09-24-2007, 02:19 PM
Banned

uhm, and your not? do you know anyone that works at a plant. do you know whats its like to have kids and have your insurance, and pay striped away from you?
While i busted my ass through college i worked 12 hour shifts on the weekend in a warehouse. I know all about hard work but there's a fine line between fair compensation and being greedy *****.

**** the UAW and it's workers. Make all plants robotic. We'll have better quality of cars from a robot then an american.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Onyxd04Redline

Those "Hard Workers" are sinking GM but you really can't see that because you're biased.
GM does a good job sinking themselfs by not bringing out concept cars that when they hit production look nothing like the concept car. Point in case, the pontiac GTO. Or over advertizing the car so that when it does come out it feels like they have been planning the car for over 100 years (camaro).

I hope the workers stay on strike for how ever long it takes GM to keep health/dental care.

Originally Posted by Acidangel_5.0
your a dipshit.. they have a specific job to do and thats the only job they have do to.. they are not building a whole car.. they are doing a small section they should be an expert at.. im sorry.. but with that "many" experts in plant.. cars should be better.. seems those little gooks have it right...
It's *you're*.

they have a specific job to do and thats the only job they have do to.. they are not building a whole car.. they are doing a small section they should be an expert at.. im sorry.. but with that "many" experts in plant.. cars should be better.. seems those little gooks have it right...
i'm a dipshit? thats not how the plant works, they rotate jobs, in order to keep people familiar with all aspects of the lined, familiar, not expert, and i wonder why they do that... maybe because people get sick, people call in, people get hurt, people take vacations, and need someone to fill in for them. most people have warranty issues because they beat there cars to hell.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:22 PM

While i busted my ass through college i worked 12 hour shifts on the weekend in a warehouse. I know all about hard work but there's a fine line between fair compensation and being greedy *****.

**** the UAW and it's workers. Make all plants robotic. We'll have better quality of cars from a robot then an american.
its ass holes like you that put our workers on the streets
Old 09-24-2007, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Witt
It's *you're*.
sorry Captain Fucagrammer, next time ill make sure i worry about you tree-huggin english nuts.. how bout not
Old 09-24-2007, 02:24 PM

one thing for sure is, if GM gets rid of their health care plans all together, I'll be trading in my car and buy a mustang or a charger and ban myself from ever buying another chevy

sorry Captain Fucagrammer, next time ill make sure i worry about you tree-huggin english nuts.. how bout not
how's about you learn the topic to a thread before you go opening your mouth on it?
Banned

It looks like they're doing a fine job without my help.

Proponents often credit trade unions with leading the labor movement in the early 20th century, which generally sought to end child labor practices, improve worker safety, increase wages for both union and non-union workers, raise the entire society's standard of living, reduce the hours in a work week, provide public education for children, and bring a host of other benefits to working class families.

In the United States, the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1928 established a national minimum wage, guaranteed time and a half for overtime in certain jobs, and prohibited most employment of minors in "oppressive child labor," a term defined in the statute.

The transformation of labor law put into motion by unions is today considered particularly important for groups that are most likely to suffer discrimination in the labor market. On average, women in Britain earn 20% less than men for the same work, but women who are union members earn 24% more than those who are not. [1] In the People's Republic of China, where independent trade unions are illegal, the pay gap between men and women has actually increased in recent years despite the booming economy. [2]

Wikipedia, bishes
Old 09-24-2007, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by xCobalt05x
one thing for sure is, if GM gets rid of their health care plans all together, I'll be trading in my car and buy a mustang or a charger and ban myself from ever buying another chevy
Amen
Old 09-24-2007, 02:25 PM

I know all about hard work but there's a fine line between fair compensation and being greedy *****.
Am I understanding correctly that you believe fair compensation includes discontinuation of health insurance but does justify multimillion dollar salaries for executives?
Old 09-24-2007, 02:26 PM

its not our job to support you, thats why school is there.. go to it.. i have known quite a few plant workers and they dont do ****.. they just want more money and other **** for what? because they want it... i know plant guys making well over 50/hr to do the dumbest **** and all of it is from the unions.. 50/hr for plant work.. bullshit buddy.. i would not pay more then 15/hr for a plant worker..thats more then enough for the "skill" required
Old 09-24-2007, 02:27 PM

It looks like they're doing a fine job without my help.

they are doing their jobs. corporate wants to cut wages and health care because they cant keep up with the lean manufacturing of their competitors.

This has affected more than just GM. Where I work, we supply headliners for GM. We have had to slow our production do to this strike.

Debating current events should always include name calling, amirite?

Protip - before calling someone a dipshit, be sure your post doesn't look like a 13 year old wrote it.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:28 PM

its not our job to support you, thats why school is there.. go to it.. i have known quite a few plant workers and they dont do ****.. they just want more money and other **** for what? because they want it... i know plant guys making well over 50/hr to do the dumbest **** and all of it is from the unions.. 50/hr for plant work.. bullshit buddy.. i would not pay more then 15/hr for a plant worker..thats more then enough for the "skill" required
are you taking in account for the people that went to trade school?
Old 09-24-2007, 02:31 PM
Banned

07's just mad because now that his rents are on strike he doesn't know how they're going to pay for his car.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:31 PM

no because they are getting rid of health care. before you open your mouths, know the story. there are alot of hard working people out at GM. my father is tool and die, and work 12 hour days 6 days a week. yes the money is nice, but there are hard working people. just because they make more than you, and you think because you get paid minimum wage you work harder... your wrong. you can argue the points I've made all you want. but bottom line is there are people that bust there asses to make the cars YOU take for granted.

i'd like to see you build 3 cars every minute and make them all perfect, with no flaws.
They are not getting rid of Health Care, only asking workers to pay for more of it. Lets see, yes,... I think I have had my health care go up about 4 times in the last 10 years. Its about time GM employees pay more of their share for the awesome care they get. I know too, my Dad worked 30 years in the Janesville plant where tahoes are built. Our health care was probably better than what most other people in the city had, working at other jobs. (based on cost) Hard working..... my Dad used to sleep in a cardboard box during work. I also worked during "deer hunting season" as a temp. I swear every 4th or 5th guy on the line had an open bottle of Jack Daniels on his work bench. And we never built 3 cars a minute, maybe pone every 4 minutes. My job was to install the alternator on the motors. Pretty easy when it is totally set up for you. Granted, there were some jobs that totally sucked. I used to read a 400 page novel every night I worked there on one other job I had. Not many people bust ass on those jobs. Maybe once in a while when stuff got screwed up and the "big shots" showed up on the scene. Maybe for about 30 minutes. Then, it was back to reading, playing cards, whatever. The unions serve a purpose, but it is way over-board these days. Why do GM employees cost GM an average of about $75.00 per hour with benefits included when other car companies pay about $45.00 with benefits?

GM has it screwed up, so does the union. Who pays for it? You and me when we pay for our cars. And then the label says, "hecho en Mexico".
Old 09-24-2007, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by stangthang
They are not getting rid of Health Care, only asking workers to pay for more of it. Lets see, yes,... I think I have had my health care go up about 4 times in the last 10 years. Its about time GM employees pay more of their share for the awesome care they get. I know too, my Dad worked 30 years in the Janesville plant where tahoes are built. Our health care was probably better than what most other people in the city had, working at other jobs. (based on cost) Hard working..... my Dad used to sleep in a cardboard box during work. I also worked during "deer hunting season" as a temp. I swear every 4th or 5th guy on the line had an open bottle of Jack Daniels on his work bench. And we never built 3 cars a minute, maybe pone every 4 minutes. My job was to install the alternator on the motors. Pretty easy when it is totally set up for you. Granted, there were some jobs that totally sucked. I used to read a 400 page novel every night I worked there on one other job I had. Not many people bust ass on those jobs. Maybe once in a while when stuff got screwed up and the "big shots" showed up on the scene. Maybe for about 30 minutes. Then, it was back to reading, playing cards, whatever. The unions serve a purpose, but it is way over-board these days. Why do GM employees cost GM an average of about $75.00 per hour with benefits included when other car companies pay about $45.00 with benefits?

GM has it screwed up, so does the union. Who pays for it? You and me when we pay for our cars. And then the label says, "hecho en Mexico".
yeah your right, they are not taking them away but instead there are NO payed doctor visits, NO payed emergency room visits, only major medical.

07's just mad because now that his rents are on strike he doesn't know how they're going to pay for his car.
**** you ass hole. i'm 25 and live on my own. I work 1 full time job as a cad and web designer, one part time job, and go to school. lick my nuts

Last edited by 07cobaltss; 09-24-2007 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-24-2007, 02:37 PM

they should make concessions,Gm is already shifting their workforce to Korea and Mexico.
**** two weeks ago GM layed off thousands in Canada and they make half the American wage, and GM did this to try and save jobs in the states
Old 09-24-2007, 02:38 PM
Banned

yeah your right, they are not taking them away but instead there are NO payed doctor visits, NO payed emergency room visits, only major medical.
Both your parents work there right? Now i'm not sure how much they make but let's say they both make 20/hr and put in 40 hours a week.

Combined before taxes they bring down a hefty sum of 76,800 dollars/year. That's 1600 dollars a week before being taxed. Now you're trying to tell me that they can't afford to pay a doctor's visit making that much money?
Old 09-24-2007, 02:38 PM

**** you ass hole. i'm 25 live on my own, work 1 full time job as a cad and web designer, one part time job, and go to school. lick my nuts
I pay for doctor visits. Why cant they? What, you have a busy life? I have quadruplet 2 year old girls to take care of. Beat that. I worked my way through college too. So??
Old 09-24-2007, 02:40 PM

Both your parents work there right? Now i'm not sure how much they make but let's say they both make 20/hr and put in 40 hours a week.

Combined before taxes they bring down a hefty sum of 76,800 dollars/year. That's 1600 dollars a week before being taxed. Now you're trying to tell me that they can't afford to pay a doctor's visit making that much money?
they are separated... but nice try.

Quick Reply: UAW is now on strike