General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

very very BAD NEWS...

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very very BAD NEWS...

So i get home from class today with time to spare til i go to work, so i figured id install my short shifter. I get everything off and were all set until i get to the point on the directions where it says disconnect shifter cables....and yes if u thought i snapped the cable from the shifter assembly, your correct. so i had no control of the shifter and basically its toasted. so i had it towed and getting it fixed for free under warranty...but the down side is...it wont be back and running for a week...yes i said a WEEK! so i have to drive their sh*t rental they give me...a 2005 Base model cobalt. 4 doors, no power windows, no power locks, nothing... bone stock! i suprised this damn hoopty has a cd player...
Old 08-25-2005, 10:18 PM

damn, that sucks
makes me glad i didnt **** with my shifter for this exact reason, good thing its under warranty though
Old 08-25-2005, 10:42 PM

Not to sound like a dick, but basically you broke the cable and are getting it replaced under warranty? I wouldn't bitch at all about getting a free rental for something I bungled any time.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by MichiganMike
Not to sound like a dick, but basically you broke the cable and are getting it replaced under warranty? I wouldn't bitch at all about getting a free rental for something I bungled any time.
I wuz thinkin the same thing... At least you got a loaner that was decent. I had the trunk carpet fixed on my car and i got a piece-of-****, beat-to-hell 1994 chevy lumina to drive.

Scott
Old 08-26-2005, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Adirondack_Cobalt
I wuz thinkin the same thing... At least you got a loaner that was decent. I had the trunk carpet fixed on my car and i got a piece-of-****, beat-to-hell 1994 chevy lumina to drive.

Scott
to be honest id rather drive a lumina than a base model, power nothing... cobalt.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you're griping over driving a cobalt?? of course it's Basic cuz it's a rental. I've never driven a rental that had power anything 'cept the impala I had when my cavy got wrecked....
Old 08-26-2005, 01:32 AM
Moderator Alumni

My dad has a mint 1993 Lumina base with the 3.1 V6 and it's a freaking sweet ride. White and not rust. I would so rather drive a lumina than a base cobalt, cause the lumina has power windows and locks. It's like a couch on wheels.

Your also luck it's getting fixed for free under warrenty.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:03 AM
Banned

i don't see any bad news, i think you lucked out cause they fixed something you broke
Old 08-26-2005, 08:02 AM

Ya man.. You can't be bitching about it or the rental.. Cause I mean you said it yourself.. You broke the car and they are replacing it under warrenty.. I would consider yourself lucky they are fixing it under warrenty and giving you a car under warrenty as well...

on a side note.. All the rentals I have had when my car is in the dealer (like 4 times).. I have had all fully loaded cars (minus leather and sunroof).. But other then that.. These things are loaded. First a Cobalt, Then an Malibu, Then A Impala and now a 4 door Cavy. All of them are 2005
Old 08-26-2005, 08:05 AM

It was your own fault that you didn't pay attention to details before you started ripping things apart, instructions are so important. Your lucky that they are doing the work under warranty and you get a rental car. Be happy you have a car... otherwise you could be cruising around town on your big wheels...
Old 08-26-2005, 08:33 AM
Moderator Alumni
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks like I don't need to type the same response about him being lucky about it getting fixed under warranty. So +1 to that.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:24 PM

wow you guys are all rude as hell. i mean i followed the directions in which it told me to use a screwdrive to pry off the assembly kit from the cables...i did but the plastic couldnt take it so it snapped. but all of you ****** dont even know how it actually happened so quite assuming. cuz after i did it i didnt know u actually dont even have to take off the cables...so f*ck TWM and their stupid directions, cuz i wouldve never had this problem if the directions didnt say to undo the cables...
Old 08-26-2005, 12:28 PM
Banned

your on a cobalt forum complaining about driving a cobalt if it were me id be havin fun with that rental!

but i heard that the directions sucked too for the shifter..
Old 08-26-2005, 12:31 PM

HAHAHAHA see i can laugh cuz i have a bas cobalt rental also but mine is for 3 weeks!!!!! so stop whining lol. My black ss got driven into face first as i was waiting to turn left at a intersection by some old german lady with a 91 stanza. bumber 2 fenders, air, rad, intercooler, 4 lights. Car had 800km and i had it for only 3 weeks. I want to kill her...
Oh well only 6000cdn damage...
Old 08-26-2005, 04:46 PM

its people like co-yellow-balt why they void warrentys when we put aftermarket parts on them our selves. cuz they assume we dont know how to do it just like in this case.

oh ya and fyi. i installed my twm shortshifer with ease when i did mine. directions are perfect so dont even try to blame them.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:52 PM

thats funny cuz i love my base model, not having power windows and locks wont kill you, as a matter of fact, it will make you LESS LAZY, good god the people that complain about no power stuff, complain when it doesnt have power steering and brakes for gods sake
Old 08-26-2005, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cobalt30
its people like co-yellow-balt why they void warrentys when we put aftermarket parts on them our selves. cuz they assume we dont know how to do it just like in this case.

oh ya and fyi. i installed my twm shortshifer with ease when i did mine. directions are perfect so dont even try to blame them.
oh really then why would they tell u in the directions to dissconnect the cables, u dont have to u just take that plastic piece out of the ball joint from the end of the shifter. that so stupid and why would they tell u to modify it by cutting some of the plastic. last time i check most aftermarket parts fit to perfection not cutting away at some of the shifter assembly. so until then eat **** and die
Old 08-26-2005, 10:20 PM

Old 08-26-2005, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by co-yellow-balt
oh really then why would they tell u in the directions to dissconnect the cables, u dont have to u just take that plastic piece out of the ball joint from the end of the shifter. that so stupid and why would they tell u to modify it by cutting some of the plastic. last time i check most aftermarket parts fit to perfection not cutting away at some of the shifter assembly. so until then eat **** and die

Would you expect any less from someone who writes so well?
Old 08-26-2005, 10:55 PM

hey congrats on featured car!

oh wait wrong thread sorry.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:59 PM
Moderator Alumni

wow you guys are all rude as hell. i mean i followed the directions in which it told me to use a screwdrive to pry off the assembly kit from the cables...i did but the plastic couldnt take it so it snapped. but all of you ****** dont even know how it actually happened so quite assuming. cuz after i did it i didnt know u actually dont even have to take off the cables...so f*ck TWM and their stupid directions, cuz i wouldve never had this problem if the directions didnt say to undo the cables...

Ok lets step back and think about this:
1)You take apart your car, you break the shift assembly by tampering with it
2)You cover up the tampering
3)Then you have it towed to the dealer for free and fixed for free
4)Then you complain about how crappy your free rental is.

I am pretty sure that you have no one to blame but yourself. What exactly is your gripe here?

On the other hand you could maybe look at the situation in a more positive light and come on the forums and post, hey guys I noticed the TWM directions for installing the shifter are a bit confusing in this part, make sure that you do this so you don't break your shifter.

Instead you just complain about:
1)TWM's crappy directions
2)Chevy taking a week to fix your car, well maybe they don't stock shifter because they don't BREAK often.
3)Chevy giving you a crappy free rental.

Your right we don't know the situation, but I think at this point after reading your posts I have a pretty good idea what it is. I think that you will find that if you make a negative post on the boards your going to get a negative response.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:34 AM

you are a complete idiot. usually i encourage people to work on there own cars but can you do us all a favor and bring it to a shop cuase apparently you are just brutal when it comes to working with them.

and if it helps heres a pic of one installed correctly by following the perfect directions from TWM shortshifters.

and also im with wikky. i too love my base coupe even though it doesnt have the all mighty power windows and locks. but atleast in my car i got a working twm shortshifter
Old 08-27-2005, 07:57 AM
Moderator Alumni
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
hey hey hey hey hey HEY alright, he was wrong, hopefully he gets that. Lets not turn this into a j-body.org style hatefest, because I;ve seen remarkably little of that here, and thats nice. mmmmmkay?

Old 08-27-2005, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Erod
mmmmmkay?

Heh, had a SouthPark flash back
Old 08-27-2005, 09:38 AM

to be honest id rather drive a lumina than a base model, power nothing... cobalt.
Sorry that the base model Cobalt doesnt meet up to your standards. Damn, I guess my cobalt really sucks then.....I cant stand spoiled brats like this. This just irritates me.

Quick Reply: very very BAD NEWS...