General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below
View Poll Results: Does your cobalt wonder on the highway?
Yes! Mine wonders.
31.34%
No! Mine doesn't wonder.
68.66%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

The Wandering Cobalt!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 10:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Acidangel_5.0
well dumbshit.. when you normal incurr a problem in a vehicle you always TELL what you do on a regular basis and what you HAVE tryed.. you dont ask dumb **** questions like "hey my car sways back and forth" then you expect people to give you the exact answer when WE do NOT know what you currently do and do not do....

Dipshits like yourself need to learn to communicate and dont expect people to have telepathy.. i have built more cars in my time then wet dreams you have fucked up child
Learn how to write!
Old 05-23-2006, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CTCOBALTSSS
Exactly sweettheshocker. That's my point here. Acidangel, go drop another tab, i'm done with your juvenile ass. Looks like all that acid had some affect on your grammer skills hah?
last time i checked this was a car forum, not a grammer class.. and no i do not proof read forum messages... kinda funny how you are like the other 99.99% of ricers that argue on the forums and they always get down to grammer over vehicle discussion, but its understandable.. you read magazines and really have no motor knowledge.. i purely understand
Old 05-23-2006, 10:28 AM

I've been working on cars for 10 years *******. What are you talking about? I know more about cars than you could ever imagine. Yet another idiot that acts like he knows when he knows nothing. And you talk about Telepathy??? LOL I can tell by the extent of your mods that you know everything about these cars.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:41 AM

Only thing that happens to me on the highway is rough steering wheel shake if im braking at high speeds... which I hear is from your wheels being out of Allignment...

can anyone confirm this?
Old 05-23-2006, 10:43 AM

yeah its either your alignment or the tires need to be balanced. A weight may have fallen off as they are known to do. If it just shakes when you brake at high speeds it's the rotors. They become miss-shapen if they go from real hot to cool often. Like braking hard a lot in the rain.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:45 AM

only got 5200 miles on it, should i be due? lol... yeah, im a n00b
Old 05-23-2006, 10:50 AM

I wouldn't think so but it depends on how hard you are on your brakes. Most peoples brakes shake at high speeds. Only if you are on them hard at like 80-90mph. Otherwise if it's bad and you're not really going that fast and it shakes and vibrates a lot, you may need some new rotors. I would go with some cross-drilled and slotted rotors from here.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...drilled+rotors
Old 05-23-2006, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by CTCOBALTSSS
I've been working on cars for 10 years *******. What are you talking about? I know more about cars than you could ever imagine. Yet another idiot that acts like he knows when he knows nothing. And you talk about Telepathy??? LOL I can tell by the extent of your mods that you know everything about these cars.
you depict knowledge from the mods of a single car.. yet again you prove the mind set of a ricer... so a person only has knowledge of items based on a current car?
yet i believe when we start talking about cam matching with certain types of heads/rr/rod lengths.. thats something everybody knows right?
so i am guessing we all know what P=TN/5250 ,H = (0.00426 x mph) x (0.00426 x mph) x (0.00426 x mph) x #, cr=cv @ bdc ÷cv @ tdc, and ve = actual cfm / theoretical cfm x 100 mean.. of course we do.. this is auto 101.. woo and for a second there i thought you were ignorant.. im glad you proved me wrong
Old 05-23-2006, 12:46 PM

Mine isnt hard to keep in a sraight line at speed. The car wants to pull to the left on the highway though. But, thats it. Although, It doesnt get a little hard to handle around 120mph.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:52 PM

Only time mine does is when it is real windy out..
Old 05-23-2006, 12:53 PM

Mine does a little at highway speeds. I think it is mostly the wind though.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:09 PM

Acid-dropout, you're still here?? You already ruined this thread with your initial wise ass comment. Go home, it's over, you lost hours ago. This thread is for the good people on .net that care about others experiences and care about learning things about their car. Then there's you.....
Old 05-23-2006, 01:22 PM

if you two monkeys want to have a **** fight everyone would apreciate if you learned to use pms
Old 05-23-2006, 01:27 PM

i had no problems initially.. the initial comment wasnt directed to be a fascisous remark.. most people dont know balance/rotate causes alignment/driveabiltiy issues.. it was taken that way.. sorry but if your gonna crack expect to be bit back
Old 05-23-2006, 01:36 PM

its called tire rotation and balance.. use it people
We know! Thanks. Landstuhltaylor, you didn't even vote or contribute any thoughts on this topic yourself. This all started with that wise ass comment you see up above. I made this thread. Continue the real discussion at hand. So please .neter's....continue. I'm all done with the arguing. I'm having a bad day too. Sorry to offend anyone!
Old 05-23-2006, 01:36 PM

shouldnt of started a captain ******* obvious thread, if you werent looking for obvious answers
its not the rotation lol ... any dim wit who took grade 10 auto knows about tire rotation. It just depends on the road surface... mine will do it sometimes and on nice smooth roads its perfect..... Just the way the tires pick up the road surface. Most highways are in good shape so no problems, i've notice on some of the older back country roads around here i'll get a wander here and there.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:41 PM

Knatsabooh, that's true about the uneven surfaces. There's also an issue when it's windy out. My whole point is it's not as stable in these conditions as some of my other cars. I don't know why.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:44 PM

now since the argument is over.. how bout...

you all mention road surface "changes" making this problem.... i think you should probably look at your tires a little more closely then the road..
Old 05-23-2006, 01:47 PM

now since the argument is over.. how bout...

you all mention road surface "changes" making this problem.... i think you should probably look at your tires a little more closely then the road..
Just give it up ... lol ur annoying. My car has 3,000 km's on it... I check my tires often... if it was my tires it would do it ALL the time not just on the shitty roads. PERIOD.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by knatsabooh
Just give it up ... lol ur annoying. My car has 3,000 km's on it... I check my tires often... if it was my tires it would do it ALL the time not just on the shitty roads. PERIOD.

annoying? okay fine.. ill just come out and tell you the answer your not figuring out..
your blaming the road for the car shuttering/swaying from side to side while going down the road.. like people have said.. some roads the car doesnt do this one.. some roads the car does do this on.. now is this the roads fault? no.. its the Tires fault.. you did notice the ratings of the tire no? what type of compound it is? its not the road thats making you move.. its your tire..from how its gripping .. ie.. compound/rating of the tire/ the design of the tire
Old 05-23-2006, 01:56 PM

what came first the chicken or the egg? hehe this could go on forever... Anyways sorry for getting testy, just read all ur argument threads and was annoyed. U always need the last word it seems.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by knatsabooh
what came first the chicken or the egg? hehe this could go on forever... Anyways sorry for getting testy, just read all ur argument threads and was annoyed. U always need the last word it seems.

i got on a soap box because somebody took my original comment and the started attacking.. sorry but im not going to back down from a spat..

as far as this thread in general goes its the tire itself that is making the shifts from gripping the road.. zr/y rated tire is extremely soft compound that will hug any type of road change.. so in an essance its the roads fault.. but its more to blame on the type of tire
Old 05-23-2006, 02:24 PM

well honestly the car swaying could be caused by many things based on the severity of the sway or actions being taken whilst driving. anything from wheel bearings, ball joints, tie rods, to tire pressure, tire pressure road conditions and with light cars like these yes even wind. most highways are desgined with what i believe is called grade i may be wrong with this word but it is the term for the arch in the road designed to remove the possibilty for standing water on often travelled roads. some states dont really care about there roads and do a shitty job building them which results in uneven surfaces that may not exactly be visible to the naked eye. these shitty roads have been know to throw my car around quite a bit. but that's just my $.02
Old 05-23-2006, 02:46 PM

Have not had a problen yet! you guys think you got problems with road sway,try some of the larger gust hitting the side of my rig going over a bridge
Old 05-23-2006, 02:50 PM

annoying? okay fine.. ill just come out and tell you the answer your not figuring out..
your blaming the road for the car shuttering/swaying from side to side while going down the road.. like people have said.. some roads the car doesnt do this one.. some roads the car does do this on.. now is this the roads fault? no.. its the Tires fault.. you did notice the ratings of the tire no? what type of compound it is? its not the road thats making you move.. its your tire..from how its gripping .. ie.. compound/rating of the tire/ the design of the tire
I think most people are on this thread that have the problem are attributing it to wind, not tires.

Quick Reply: The Wandering Cobalt!