General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Want To Put Alarm In 2005 CObalt SS/SC

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Want To Put Alarm In 2005 CObalt SS/SC

just recently my rear SS/SC spoiler got ripped off by some dumb ass punks.....

what i am wondering is if i wanted to put a Pager Alarm (this was i can leave siren on slient and it can page me when somehitng is wrong (then sneak out and start bashing anything or anyone close to may car with a bat) WOULD THIS void any warrenty i have with the electrnoics...

i mean the people that do this all have their certification to install alarms... and i ask a lady at general motors about 5 months back and she just said no with no reason..

i wanna be able to protect my investment and would also like to be notifed about when i should bash some dumb punks...

ANY THOUGHS......
i am just about to go out and get it done weather the dealership likes it or not..... i dont want that kind of BS happening to my car..... AGAIN...

thanks for looking

Michael
Old 02-01-2006, 05:43 PM

Damn man that blows. Check out Compustar alarms. They have pagers and remote start for manual trans (it is safe trust me). They are a bitch to install though. You could have the dealer install it or a good alarm shop. I have a Viper on my car with the 2way pager and I am happy with it. I would have got the Compustar again but I got this one for free. www.compustar.org
Old 02-01-2006, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by stealththx
Damn man that blows. Check out Compustar alarms. They have pagers and remote start for manual trans (it is safe trust me). They are a bitch to install though. You could have the dealer install it or a good alarm shop. I have a Viper on my car with the 2way pager and I am happy with it. I would have got the Compustar again but I got this one for free. www.compustar.org

i am interested in a viper alarm system, which model do you have? does it talk?
Old 02-01-2006, 09:00 PM

i will most likely be getting a compustar alarm...

heard great things about them...

anyone know roughly what the dealership would charge to put in an alarm i would buy and bring to them (im gonna ask tomorow when i bring it in to get the spoiler and body work replaced)
Old 02-01-2006, 09:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think an alarm will void your warranty, it shouldn't. I mean all you're doing it trying to protect you property.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:22 PM

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2006, 09:37 PM

What the hell... people can be such low lives.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:52 PM

Man sorry to hear about your car. I hate scumbags like that. I got to put a word in for Compustar. It is an awsome system. I have the two way remote start system and love it. It's way better than the DEI (viper, python, avital) alarms I've had in the past. Plus it can be installed on a manual transmission without having to bypass the neutral safety switch.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:03 PM

I'm probably gonna be putting an alarm on mine soon as well... nothing's happened yet... but several cars have been broken into at work... in broad daylight... and the cops don't care....

how much are these things? I'd like to keep it under $300 if possible
Old 02-01-2006, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by SilverStreak
how much are these things?
Ditto that, I'm thinking that would make an amazing birthday present
Old 02-01-2006, 10:17 PM

go with the viper responder!
Old 02-01-2006, 10:31 PM
Doc

Originally Posted by alleycat58
Ditto that, I'm thinking that would make an amazing birthday present
are you hinting.....and do you think we'd all chip in to get it for you..??
Old 02-01-2006, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Doc
are you hinting.....and do you think we'd all chip in to get it for you..??
Hey, I wouldn't complain if ya did. But no, my grandparents and my mom always ask me what I want for my birthday, but they scowl at my video game addiction and that's usually what I ask for, either games or systems. Car parts are hit and miss. Performance parts are a big "hell no" because according to them I don't need anything to make me go faster. An alarm system they would definitely go for though.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:58 AM

Smile

around here there is a shop that will put in top of line Compustart Alarm / Starter for roughlyy 450 to 500 canadian... (so for you US people roughly 5bucks...)

JUST KIDDING

this is off one of the Civic forums i am still apart of (yeah im sorry orignaly a honda guy)
its a very good price astrix means probrably a little extra for some parts and extra hook ups

but cant go wrong to protect me car
rear it let me know what you think (it get it even if gm says no)

ONLY $439.99 INSTALLED*

Compustar 2W900FM-AS LCD 2 Way VIBRATING Paging Alarm/ Car Starter.

This unit is the new version of the 2WFM-AS with EXTENDED RANGE and also VIBRATES & Has a built in CLOCK for your convience.

These are one of the BEST alarm/starter on the market.

All BRAND NEW FACTORY FRESH

2W900FMAS

LIFETIME WARRANTY

This Siren has 2 shut off keys. The alarm works with your existing Compustar alarm. Double sound PLUS the back up siren is triggered if your power or ground is disconnected.

A CAR ALARM IS USELESS WITHOUT A BATTERY BACK UP SIREN. GET FULL PROTECTION FROM AUDIO HEAVEN

This alarms notifies you if you door, hood, trunk or glass has been broken VIA a Pager.

This model was introduced during the first half of 2005. It has the largest LCD of any CompuStar remotes along with a built in clock. The 900MHz technology used in the 2WSS-Series was re-tooled for a longer battery life and a quicker response time between the transmitter and receiver. Firstech engineers were the first to perfect 900MHz FM for vehicle security applications.

Basic Remote Features
Two-way paging remote
Remote vibration and audible notification
CompuGlow backlight
Multi-color LCD (liquid crystal display)
Passive on/off through remote
Valet mode on/off through remote
Uses standard AAA battery
Built in Clock
Largest LCD of any CompuStar remotes
2004 Innovation Award Winner

Basic Alarm Features
Includes dual stage shock sensor
RPS (remote paging system)
External Siren (six-tone)
Super bright blue LED's
2-auxillary outputs
Dedicated trunk output
Horn honk output
Includes starter-kill relay
Driver's priority unlock
Ignition controlled door locks.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:01 AM

just read it has a 1/4 mile range......
Old 02-02-2006, 01:58 PM

"Audio Heaven"... is that the name of the store? A franchise?
I have a Clifford w back up siren too, but it doesn't have a pager... this one sounds good!
Old 02-02-2006, 02:22 PM

You should move to Texas, cause if you catch some ******* doing that to your car then you have the right to "defend your property by any necessary means". HAHAHA God I love Texas.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:07 PM

how do remote starters work with manual trannys?
Old 02-02-2006, 03:25 PM

ujust have to leave it in neutral all the time and keep the e breake on....

audio heaven is a local store.. (toronto area)
Old 02-02-2006, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by mugencivicsi
just read it has a 1/4 mile range......
The range is awesome. I love it. When I first got it installed I would keep parking further and further in the parking lot to see if it would still work.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:13 PM

I feel for you man & get the Compustar alarm & in no way should it Void your warrany or I'd drop a big leter to GM & then threaten to call your local TV.

I had a Viper on my Tahoe & then we got one for my son & 2 months later some one tried to steal his Stereo system but only got the window broke before the siren went off & the pager woke him up & he was still mad but i told him the window was $180 & the windo plus the stereo was more like $1500 so the alarm still saved him some cash.

It sucks people have to trash other peoples stuff when you work so hard to make a better life & drive nice rides & then some idiot has to go & trash it !!!!

I had a friend that bought nice chrome wheels for his Monty & stopped at a light in Chicago & was car jacked & they shot him 6 times & he was not fighting , he got out and as they drove away they shoot him. He a was lucky in one way as he is a big guy & they actually missed vital organs & he lived but to this day he will only drive POS cars as he does not want his family to get hurt over a car
Old 02-02-2006, 06:39 PM

I just installed the Viper 791xv on my girlfriends 04 ZR2 Blazer. It was relatively easy for installation, it just took FORRR EVERRR. About 7-8 hours. Works great, best alarm I've ever used. Range is incredible, and I am extremly happy with it.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:57 PM

heyyy is ur viper system sensative at all cuss i just got the viper one too and it really only goes on if u touch the A-piller pretty hard?? is there anyway too turn up the sensativaty up high!!!thnks ry
Old 02-02-2006, 07:20 PM

around here there is a shop that will put in top of line Compustart Alarm / Starter for roughlyy 450 to 500 canadian... (so for you US people roughly 5bucks...)

JUST KIDDING

this is off one of the Civic forums i am still apart of (yeah im sorry orignaly a honda guy)
its a very good price astrix means probrably a little extra for some parts and extra hook ups

but cant go wrong to protect me car
rear it let me know what you think (it get it even if gm says no)

ONLY $439.99 INSTALLED*

Compustar 2W900FM-AS LCD 2 Way VIBRATING Paging Alarm/ Car Starter.

This unit is the new version of the 2WFM-AS with EXTENDED RANGE and also VIBRATES & Has a built in CLOCK for your convience.

These are one of the BEST alarm/starter on the market.

All BRAND NEW FACTORY FRESH

2W900FMAS

LIFETIME WARRANTY

This Siren has 2 shut off keys. The alarm works with your existing Compustar alarm. Double sound PLUS the back up siren is triggered if your power or ground is disconnected.

A CAR ALARM IS USELESS WITHOUT A BATTERY BACK UP SIREN. GET FULL PROTECTION FROM AUDIO HEAVEN

This alarms notifies you if you door, hood, trunk or glass has been broken VIA a Pager.

This model was introduced during the first half of 2005. It has the largest LCD of any CompuStar remotes along with a built in clock. The 900MHz technology used in the 2WSS-Series was re-tooled for a longer battery life and a quicker response time between the transmitter and receiver. Firstech engineers were the first to perfect 900MHz FM for vehicle security applications.

Basic Remote Features
Two-way paging remote
Remote vibration and audible notification
CompuGlow backlight
Multi-color LCD (liquid crystal display)
Passive on/off through remote
Valet mode on/off through remote
Uses standard AAA battery
Built in Clock
Largest LCD of any CompuStar remotes
2004 Innovation Award Winner

Basic Alarm Features
Includes dual stage shock sensor
RPS (remote paging system)
External Siren (six-tone)
Super bright blue LED's
2-auxillary outputs
Dedicated trunk output
Horn honk output
Includes starter-kill relay
Driver's priority unlock
Ignition controlled door locks.
heard nothing but good things about the alarm!
Old 02-03-2006, 11:04 PM

just recently my rear SS/SC spoiler got ripped off by some dumb ass punks.....

what i am wondering is if i wanted to put a Pager Alarm (this was i can leave siren on slient and it can page me when somehitng is wrong (then sneak out and start bashing anything or anyone close to may car with a bat) WOULD THIS void any warrenty i have with the electrnoics...

i mean the people that do this all have their certification to install alarms... and i ask a lady at general motors about 5 months back and she just said no with no reason..

i wanna be able to protect my investment and would also like to be notifed about when i should bash some dumb punks...

ANY THOUGHS......
i am just about to go out and get it done weather the dealership likes it or not..... i dont want that kind of BS happening to my car..... AGAIN...

thanks for looking

Michael
by the way dont get compu-star, heard bad things and it blows.
dude if ur interested in an alarm and a good one get the one i got. its a viper 690xv and it works amazing. its a paging alarm in which sends off a silent alarm when ur car is touched and tampered with and it works like a charm. and if the silent alarm continues then the actual alarm sets off. and got the pager where it shows ur car and it shows if ur doors, trunk, hood, are open and even if ur engine is started. if u want more details lemme know.