General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Warrentys

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warrentys

I know the standard warrentys and all that stuff, I was wondering if you throw a turbo (intercooler,turbo,intake blah blah) in the car, does it void your warrenty? Say I have GM install it would it still void the warrenty (if throwing it in voids the warrenty that is). I cant for a SS SC but I can a LS coupe, so I'm wondering if I can throw a turbo in it and still have my orginal warrenty.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:04 PM

Hahah.. "warranties" you mean?

Well if the modification causes the failure, its not going to be covered by warranty. Throwing some form of forced induction on a non forced induction motor means whatever breaks will likely be from your mod, so no warranty.

Your safest bet would be to swap the S/C for a turbo on the SS if you really want a turbo, since that engine is already built for FI.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Fatal Fax
I cant for a SS SC but I can a LS coupe, so I'm wondering if I can throw a turbo in it and still have my orginal warrenty.
Do you mean you can't affor an SS so you want to through a turbo on your LS coupe?
If this is the case you mind as well by a buy an SS, it will cost you less in the long run.

OR do you mean that you want a turbochrged car, and since the SS is SC'ed you don't want it?

If this is the case , look into Psi-Fi motorsports Twin chrging. It adds a turbo along with the already existant SC. It uses the SC at a lower Psi (to allow the Turbo to spool up) the uses the turbo (well actually the SC+turbo are working simulataneously) but the SC provides the boost up until 3-5psi, and then the turbo is spooled.