General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Waterbury,CT Steeling S/C out of balts

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i hate that dealership.. they told me they wouldnt take my car in on trade because it wasnt a performance car...... hmm lol

and i like the fact for the top end and supercharger to be pulled off hes like it would take my tech an hour to do that lmao.. it takes no time at all to do that... thats how they make labor money haha... but anyway its fucked up

Last edited by 0redline6; 10-06-2008 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-06-2008, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan88924
Yeah I agree, i feel so horrible bashing him on here. He's still my boy, but he did make some really big ******* decisions. I just saw his little sister last night and she askes me how im doing and whatnot and i feel like im stabbin mike in the back. I here he got interigated and the **** beat out of him while that was happening, thats uncalled for if its 100% true. If hes going to end up doing some decent time for this i dont think he needs anything else against him. If he was to be kicked off CobaltSS.Net thats pretty neutral with me because i understand that aspect.

Are you serious? Can you even hear yourself? Do you think he would think twice about stealing your things?

"He's still my boy" WTF! wa wa wa, I hope they beat the **** out of his retarded ass, I wish we still lived in the days were they would cut your hand off for theft. He asked for every punishment that they could give him the moment he agreed to do this.

Everyone who pays insurance has to pay for **** like this, its uncalled for, its ridiculous, get your lazy ass up and get a job. If you can strip a car quickly, then maybe you should be a mechanic instead of a retard thief.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by 0redline6
i hate that dealership.. they told me they wouldnt take my car in on trade because it wasnt a performance car...... hmm lol

and i like the fact for the top end and supercharger to be pulled off hes like it would take my tech an hour to do that lmao.. it takes no time at all to do that... thats how they make labor money haha... but anyway its fucked up
i seriously laughed out loud when he said it would take his tech an hour to do it and it took them 10minutes
Old 10-06-2008, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by PimpLay2
i seriously laughed out loud when he said it would take his tech an hour to do it and it took them 10minutes
oh me too haha not expecting there techs to do it in 10 mins cuz im sure they cut the hoses and wires and belt and what not but come on an hour? i pulled my head in 45 mins.. taking my time lol
Old 10-06-2008, 05:53 PM

Hmmmm. I guess that is where he got the supercharger he was selling in the classifieds. And I thought he was going turbo...
Old 10-07-2008, 01:43 AM

Received 71 Likes on 55 Posts
lol, it takes his tech an hour and a half to remove the SC from the car?
Old 10-07-2008, 01:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow this guy is a hypocrite....

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/lounge-42/so-i-caught-guy-trying-break-into-my-cars-81692/
Old 10-07-2008, 03:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Probably takes a 'paid hour' to remove it.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:14 AM

Wow its crazy what people would do for money, and I understand all about him being your homie and hanging around the wrong people. I know everyone on here probably thinks thats bogus but it is true cuz most good people get turned around by the people they hang out with.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:15 AM

Thats insane. I know that if you do know exactly what your doing, it can take less than 5 minutes. I know a friend of mine with an SS and he said with the right tools, he could strip the supercharger out of a Cobalt within 10 minutes. And as a few others in this thread stated, I'm lucky I have a 2.2 . Although this doesn't make me feel any better about possibly getting an 09 SS/TC...even though the turbo isn't exactly right there, its obvious that its a turboed car.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:23 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
As Ive pointed out already, if youre determined to remove an S/C as quick as possible it can be done in under 60 seconds.

"Warranty" time to replace a supercharger base gasket is 54 minutes. (this is what GM pays the tech to do the job under warranty, customer pay times are higher) This time includes bringing car in from outside, putting it back outside, getting your parts and tools ready, doing the job properly and performing all necessary documentation. It doesnt include using power tools of any kind. And Thats about how long it takes to do all that.

I know quite a few guys who led less the legal teenage lives and are now technicians, knowing how to strip a car quick can definitely help as a tech.

I forget where, but I once heard about a seminar held by a reformed car thief, and it was for technicians looking to become quicker.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by BlkWdoSS
Are you serious? Can you even hear yourself? Do you think he would think twice about stealing your things?

"He's still my boy" WTF! wa wa wa, I hope they beat the **** out of his retarded ass, I wish we still lived in the days were they would cut your hand off for theft. He asked for every punishment that they could give him the moment he agreed to do this.

Everyone who pays insurance has to pay for **** like this, its uncalled for, its ridiculous, get your lazy ass up and get a job. If you can strip a car quickly, then maybe you should be a mechanic instead of a retard thief.
Hey man you should chill. Its a discussion and not a rant. Belive me im not backing him up. I think if you had someone you were close to who got into ****, you might feel a bit differently.

Originally Posted by XM15
Hmmmm. I guess that is where he got the supercharger he was selling in the classifieds. And I thought he was going turbo...
Wow, really? I have to see this **** in the classifieds. He did say he was going turbo too but not anymore.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:55 PM

so i guess this is a bad time to sell 3 superchargers and 2 sets of corvette rims huh lol jk jk yea i seen ppl looking at my car trying to take things i always leave my car in front of of a populated erea or hide the car in the garage lol with my mini dover man on the hood lol
Old 10-08-2008, 02:39 PM

Hey man you should chill. Its a discussion and not a rant. Belive me im not backing him up. I think if you had someone you were close to who got into ****, you might feel a bit differently.

Wow, really? I have to see this **** in the classifieds. He did say he was going turbo too but not anymore.

Getting into **** because the cops are dicks, then I have sympathy, I get in trouble all the time because my car is too loud etc.

Getting into **** because you put yourself in **** by theft, drug dealing, etc. then that is self induced and you deserve every bit of trouble that you get into.

My older brother spent 3 years in a state prison for drug related charges, I never went to see him, I would have turned him in because what he was doing is wrong.

The reason it is so easy to break into these cars is because of the amount of space available between the A/C condenser and the bumper, you can very easily slide your hand up through the underneath of the car, grab the hood release and pull it, that will pop the hood. It takes every bit of 10 seconds to do, I have done it on countless cars to work on them rather than wait for someone to bring me the keys from inside or across town.

It becomes way more difficult to pop the hood if you have a front mount heat exchanger, or front mount intercooler because it takes alot of the space that was there.

I have not been around the front of an SS/TC yet but since they have a FMIC, then it will probably be way more difficult to do this to them.

I seen where it said that you could install the lower grille from an SS/NA or SS/TC and that will stop them. This is absolutely false, if you watch the video again you will see that he slid under the front bumper and ran his arm up through there, not through the grille area.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Banned

Glad my turbo is hidden LOL !!!!!
Old 10-08-2008, 08:59 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I seen where it said that you could install the lower grille from an SS/NA or SS/TC and that will stop them. This is absolutely false, if you watch the video again you will see that he slid under the front bumper and ran his arm up through there, not through the grille area.
I said that if you install the TC grilles and a splitter it would make it harder. Theyd actually have to work for it or break bodywork
Old 10-10-2008, 09:40 AM

yeah im deffinetly getting the TC grill soon
Old 10-10-2008, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Maven
I said that if you install the TC grilles and a splitter it would make it harder. Theyd actually have to work for it or break bodywork
ok, yea i didnt see the splitter part, you are correct it would make it more difficult

dont you drive a 2.2 with a stock bumper? why would u need a tc grille?
Old 10-11-2008, 12:18 AM

It looks good.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:06 AM

Let me guess...no wheel locks on those enkeis right Even with wheel locks you can drill them off.

ok, yea i didnt see the splitter part, you are correct it would make it more difficult

They're going to steal his radiator? Uncalled for I know. (I changed it from something else which was insulting)

Originally Posted by Maven
Yeah or they just stick a pry bar at the hood latch and pry it off.

I lived in NYC (Queens) without wheel locks (guess there isn't a market for saturn chrome); the accords and civics got ripped off (wheels mainly) never touched my car.

Last edited by theneelster; 10-11-2008 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-11-2008, 05:26 PM

Haha, wow, pretty self explanitory man. what does it matter what type of bumper i have or engine. ITS FOR LOOKS

Originally Posted by theneelster
Let me guess...no wheel locks on those enkeis right Even with wheel locks you can drill them off.
To answer your question, yes everybolt needs the key so yeah they're locked. It would take someone a very long time to take them all off.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:54 PM

It is with much shame that I admit it was me that took the wheels and supercharger from the cars in Waterbury. It's not in my character to do what I did, but i did it. I was strapped for money with I lost my job. I served a month of hell in jail, but well deserved. To Ryan, thanks for backing me up knowing who I am even though you were getting bashed. To the bashers, what can I say? I deserve every word of it. Nothing merits what I did. I'm sorry for making a bad name for cobaltss owners everywhere.

Michael
Old 10-30-2008, 08:02 PM

Way to man up, mike. Everyone makes mistakes.

Make sure that you bounce back from this one. Good luck.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:32 AM

Mike we need to meet up and talk/chill or whatever. I hope your doin alright and all. Hope to see you soon and its good to know your out. Hit me up if you get a chance.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:06 AM

Yeah man of course. I'm not really going anywhere for a little while since I know my parents were really worried about me. I'm just spending time with them. Word is John may be getting out today. We are having a sweet party sometime in December or something. I'm assuming Ive become somewhat infamous around here.