General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

What Civic owners think about our cars...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rice is nothing but food for me. Unless it has a big chunk of beef in it. Then it's just fast rice I'll have to catch later.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:37 PM

This is my out look on civics, I dont hate the drivers I couldnt see a world with out them because there would be no one to laugh at and the world would be plain. And when I race a civic it makes my 2.2 auto feel fast
Old 12-15-2006, 05:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by That Cobalt LT Guy
This is my out look on civics, I dont hate the drivers I couldnt see a world with out them because there would be no one to laugh at and the world would be plain. And when I race a civic it makes my 2.2 auto feel fast
The outlooks and comments just keep getting worse.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:27 PM

There are ricers and cocky idiots in every type of car crowd . I could fault as many cobalt , DSM , camaro mustang or vette owners as civic owners for being complete chodes ....so its definetly not a Civic thing . Unfortunately the Fast and furious movies created a whole generation of car enthusist that really arent car enthusist .
Old 12-15-2006, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by red_wing_2121
If you ask me, a most Civic owner's opinions on a domestic cars hold no credibility no matter if it is in favor of or against it. The only way it would hold credibility is if they actually drove the car, rode in the car, touched the car, sat in the car, etc.

Basically, I believe nearly all Civic owners carry with them a bias even though they may not think so.

Edit: Previous statement is incorrect. Please replace any interation of "Civic" with "rice".
i have had 5 cars in my entire life....3 of them were GM's, one chrysler and then my current civic. my bro has a balt ss/sc, and i have driven it more than a handful of times....so i like to think i have a decent amount of credibility....the really only reason i didnt get a balt ss/sc or an ion redline was that i didnt like the design of the balt that much...and the saturn dealership that i requested a quote for a RL from sent me some crappy quote for the regular ion, you know, the non-fast one. i have respect and understanding for all cars, like even the guy that just said his car (2.2 balt) seems fast when he races civics. ya the ss/sc are faster than my car, but the 2.2 is definately not.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by tackleberry
i rather drive a crown vic with half the cly dropping than a civic. truth, as i have driven both to compare. civics are truly amazing cars...what other car can you spend 20K on to buy one, and then drop 5K into it to gain 13hp, another 4k in usually fugly cosmetic upgrades, another 2+K on suspension that makes the car hop as if the road was covered in speed bumps, and 500 bucks in stickers that add more hp than the fart can mod does.
sorry, riced out civics irritate me due to the stupidity of the creation of such overpowered lawnmowers.
that is hilarious, that seriously made me laugh. and im not being a dick, but not all civics and civic owners are like the stereotype. actually most of the 8th gen owners look down upon and make fun of the things you just described...
Old 12-15-2006, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by unclesid
i have had 5 cars in my entire life....3 of them were GM's, one chrysler and then my current civic. my bro has a balt ss/sc, and i have driven it more than a handful of times....so i like to think i have a decent amount of credibility....the really only reason i didnt get a balt ss/sc or an ion redline was that i didnt like the design of the balt that much...and the saturn dealership that i requested a quote for a RL from sent me some crappy quote for the regular ion, you know, the non-fast one. i have respect and understanding for all cars, like even the guy that just said his car (2.2 balt) seems fast when he races civics. ya the ss/sc are faster than my car, but the 2.2 is definately not.
Did you see where I have an edit at the bottom of the post you are referring to?
Old 12-15-2006, 08:22 PM

ok, i had to think about it for a minute, but now i get it...
i thought you were sayin that all civics=rice...my bad
Old 12-16-2006, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by unclesid
ya the ss/sc are faster than my car, but the 2.2 is definately not.
I do know this. I don't even need to race one to find out (would still like to though). But I'll stick to the non Si 8th gen Civics and the 7th gen Si's. The 8th gens are quick for its class, but I still pull on them (again, non Si's.) The 8th gen Civic also has what seems to be a gain in maturity level. For a while I was actually torn between the new Si and the SS/SC for when I trade up in a couple of months.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:25 PM

as many automotive reviewers like the civicSi, (i've never driven nor sat in one) I just don't really care for the styling. The car is shaped kinda like a wedge and the windshield looks huge. Look at the photo posted in this thread, it's simply not for me. As far as the ricer comments go, the way some of you speak of rice, you would say ALL the fast and furious cars are rice. I like those cars, they look badass and they are unique. Why modify a cars appearance if it doesn't make the car look unique? (and i'm not speaking of the gaudy ones, of course) That said, you can't lump all civics in one barrel, some of them are very nice and as a car enthusiast, I respect those vehicles.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by the1&only
Very, very poor outlook on life.
That's not an outlook on life. That's an outlook on cars.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:48 PM

there is no car that everyone likes, the design things i woulda changed on the balt is the huge headlight assy, the ricer wing, and the interior....other than those couplethings, i love the SS's. the thing i dont like about my civic is its lack of torque and the huge windshield.....honestly, i like the ion redline better than both the Si and the SS, and i kinda wish i would have gotten one of those rather than the my Si. oh well, its not like im gonna have it forever. my message to the civic haters is "dont hate". lol
Old 12-17-2006, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mercury
Cobalt SS owners make me laugh.

Actually all car owners make me laugh... myself included.

You can't classify a group of people based on the car they drive.
I started with an 05 Cobalt base coupe that I striped and wheels on it, not even 17's, just 15" Motegi MR7's with white-lettere BFG's... then i traded that for an oddball 07 Cobalt SS/SC... the reason it was oddball was that it had the regular wing off of a base Cobalt... no high spoiler, no colored seats... so, in keeping it stealthy, I pulled the 'supercharged' emblems off of the car.

The second night I had the car, I had the local 'teams' in my neighborhood waiting for me to come home, just to make sure that I had an non-supercharged car... there was disappointment in the ranks because it was in fact boosted. There was fear and loathing because it was stealthy, particularly from a gentleman who had an 05 or 06 Mitsuibishi Evo... he has been spanked by an early production 05 Cobalt SS/SC and an 06 Cobalt SS/SC G85... And then everyone with a fart cannon, wheels and a wing that wouldn't look out of place on a biplane started in... i couldn't go anywhere with a Civic, or Tiburon or even a freaking ACCORD revving on me...

and i love each and every minute of it...

Scott
Old 12-17-2006, 02:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Evilfrog
That's not an outlook on life. That's an outlook on cars.
cars are life
Old 12-18-2006, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by pmerritt
As far as the ricer comments go, the way some of you speak of rice, you would say ALL the fast and furious cars are rice. I like those cars, they look badass and they are unique. Why modify a cars appearance if it doesn't make the car look unique? (and i'm not speaking of the gaudy ones, of course) That said, you can't lump all civics in one barrel, some of them are very nice and as a car enthusiast, I respect those vehicles.
I liked the RX-7 in the first one, along with the Civics, and I liked the Skyline on the 2nd one even though he did almost go overboard with all the neon. The car looked almost 100% jdm. They all have simple designs and we all know that less is more. And then I liked all the cars on Tokyo Drift bc they weren't ricy. Accept for Bow Wow's car and then the Evo. (Idk why, it was probably the wing. And I don't like vinyls that much.)
Old 12-31-2006, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Jaysonk12
I know this has nothing to do with this story but are those Mazda Speed Protege's fast? I had one tailing me last week & I had passengers w/me that wouldn't approve of me racing w/them in the car so I didn't bother. This guy was driving his Mazda as if he thought he could take me.
Not sure but one way to find out go find him and let us know. Now as far as mazda goes watch out for the Speed 6 Turbo AWD.

As far as Honda owners we are speaking of the prodominatly younger crowd that tend to bag on whatever car as long as it is different from theres, not saying its right but todays younger car owners have yet to learn the meaning of respecting all car owners with exceptions of course, I don't mean to wrongly stereotype any car enthusist! But some out there and yes you know who you are do not even attemp to respect a car, so what it is differnet than what you like.

Last night in fact I was hanging with a friend or two and a 2000 civic speed up to where were sitting. He was drawn over cuase the neons were on. Its not to my taste Raspy loud fartcan sound with some nicely done accent lights and a nice stereo. But the kid was 20 and after chatting about each others cars and the way he has his car built is what makes him happy and we gave props to that!

He didn't even know that the SS was a chevy at first, But this young man was curious and respectfull, hell he said that he heard the SS was the fast US 4cyl... allong with the SRT-4
Old 12-31-2006, 12:05 PM

Everyone has to remember what Honda stands for......History Of No Dramatic Acceleration!!!
Old 12-31-2006, 01:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lmao thats pretty good
Old 12-31-2006, 05:27 PM

ya, thats effin HILARIOUS! NOT
Old 12-31-2006, 05:37 PM

damn they are hilarious lol
Old 12-31-2006, 05:40 PM

my last honda could hit 75 mph in 1st gear. and it did 0-60 in like 4 sec or maybe faster...it was wicked...my current one however is not as fast
Old 12-31-2006, 06:00 PM

My brother has a civic that wooped on me back when i was stock. Not anymore though
Old 01-11-2007, 06:02 AM

I mean how many songs do you really hear the artists say my super Honda or my Honda's so clean....lol Its all about the Chevy. Besides, I don't think any kid grows up and says I'm gonna get a Honda when I grow up...lol HONDA=Straight Garbage As a matter of fact I'm gonna go buy a used civic and put plates on it that say JAP JUNK
Old 01-11-2007, 06:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by blackngold20
I mean how many songs do you really hear the artists say my super Honda or my Honda's so clean....lol Its all about the Chevy. Besides, I don't think any kid grows up and says I'm gonna get a Honda when I grow up...lol HONDA=Straight Garbage As a matter of fact I'm gonna go buy a used civic and put plates on it that say JAP JUNK
I personally don't like Hondas to the point of not owning them but to be completely honest, they are very well designed vehicles and their engines are actually well engineered. Why do you think they are constantly make Top 10 best cars on car and driver? Some might throw out the biased card but whatever, they are good cars and actually do well in if maintained well like most vehicles.

The hatred against Hondas isn't really against Hondas...it's against Honda owners...or I should say ignorant Honda owners. Took me a bit myself to figure that out.

And also you should THANK Honda and the popularity of Hondas in the states because if it wasn't for them, you would have no aftermarket or "tuner" scene.

By the way, rappers are talking about OLD SCHOOL chevys, not a new school Cobalt or Cavalier, so don't even pull that card out...
Old 01-11-2007, 06:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by forced_induction
Most people dont know anything at all about the car. I have a bunch of friends with "hooked up" civics and they really had no idea what my car was capiable of until they were left looking at the ass end of it. A lot of people race the regualr SS and dont relize its not supercharged, they dont know their are 2 versions. Im not trying to knock civics or the cobalt ss/na, just the people talk **** about what they know nothing about, those are the funnest ones to beat on the highway cuz they get the maddest.
to tell you the truth i didnt know there were 2 different ss models well really 3 ss/sc ss coupe manual and 2.4 4 door auto

Quick Reply: What Civic owners think about our cars...