General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

what do you think a 300 whp cobalt is comparable to?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tREBs
and now its all heresay! you have your opinion, i know the truth, hes infact a really good buddy of mine, NOTHING in the motor has gone untouched, even the blower is ported...
by all means then if he is your friend, find out if he has motor work done. Im just saying if your up 3500 ft your car will make less power up there then it would down here, and i know exactly what a 2.5" pullied car is capable of i ran that setup for 2 years.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by 04redline0124
why thank you i amaze alot of people...im trying to prove a fact that hte car didnt make that much power without another power adder, or a built motor .

and for your information, I want to know NOTHING about you!
i dont blame you, dont speak unless you know for sure!

and built motor, read my last post.. 3 up or w/e

by fully bolted i assumed you would get "built motor" but yes it is completely built

Originally Posted by lsjwannabe
by all means then if he is your friend, find out if he has motor work done. Im just saying if your up 3500 ft your car will make less power up there then it would down here, and i know exactly what a 2.5" pullied car is capable of i ran that setup for 2 years.
i know how altitude effects power, but again nothing on the motor is stock! the only thing im not sure on is cams...

Last edited by tREBs; 06-27-2008 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-27-2008, 11:51 PM

i dont blame you, dont speak unless you know for sure!

and built motor, read my last post.. 3 up or w/e

by fully bolted i assumed you would get "built motor" but yes it is completely built
you would have to change that saying with fulled bolted on with a built motor lol
Old 06-27-2008, 11:52 PM

you would have to change that saying with fulled bolted on with a built motor lol
*slams head into computer desk* you are ridiculous! u know what i mean...
Old 06-27-2008, 11:53 PM

*slams head into computer desk* you are ridiculous! u know what i mean...
apparently not, thats y you are getting aruged against by TWO PEOPLE!!!!
Old 06-27-2008, 11:53 PM

Well talk to you friend and pm me i'm interested if he can make that number with a far inferior compressor at a higher elevation great for him. let me know
Old 06-27-2008, 11:56 PM

apparently not, thats y you are getting aruged against by TWO PEOPLE!!!!
getting argued against?
nice grammar

and lsj i will let u know, hes not a member of this forum just our local forum, i'll try to get his full mod list and dyno sheet
Old 06-30-2008, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by Perfect.disguise
Like a Cobalt SS/SC?
No, I dont mean a tiny car with a motor that displaces as much air as a 2 liter bottle holds ahah. O wait, I forgot, Chevy saw it as a good idea to slap a blower on there, because, well, why should the japs make all the money off the new ricer trend. They wanted a piece of that o so sweet virgin-with-mommys-credit-card-and-a-JC-Whitney-catalouge market, so they made a slowbalt and banked on all you idiots who thought u got a performance car just because you have a supercharger. I swear to god, Ive seen more body kits on this site then Ive seen cars with modded motors (and no, buddy, a K&N fliter does not count as a mod, so matter how much horsepower you think it helped you with). U want to see a real american performance car? Go anywhere on the street, match up with a WS6 or SS, and I dont care if you have 500 hp, your gonna get your **** wrecked.

If you are looking for more horsepower, heres some quick tips.

1) Stickers--By far the easiest mod, and cheap. A set of 10 stickers usually goes for $20, and each sticker alone, depending on where you place it, is good for 5-10 hp. Usually the best stickers are the ones for NOS, Type R, and other products your car will never have any affiliation with, but since Vin Diesel did it in F&F, so should you.

2) Lambo Doors--This is the secret mod. There is no way to tell you have them as long as you stay in the car, and all you have to do is line up next to someone, open the doors, punch the gas, and watch those 195s up front force 500 horses of raw power to the ground, and lift the car off the ground. Now simply fly over the opponent, and go brag to your buddies.

3) Spoiler--So you got shold of mommys credit card and bought 50 stickers for your sweet whip. But how are you gonna get all that power to the ground? 1 word. Spoiler. Believe me, when those front wheels start spinning from that raw power, your going to need as much downforse on that rear end as possible, and nothing helps more than a spolier taller than the rear window.

4) Fart Can Exhaust--By far the most well known secret in the ricer market. Originally concieved as a joke, it is now regarded as the greatest mod to do to a 4 cylinder car, and often a first for most of the owners. The theory behind this exhaust, however, is not to free up extra horsepower. Believe me, you have a 2.0L engine with a SC pushing 300hp. There is no extra horsepower. The actual idea behind this is to make the drivers anywhere within a block from you so pissed off, they move out of your way, and bingo, you have a clear path to the finish line.

5) Racing Seats--When your flying through the traps at your local track at speeds close to 60 mph after the most enjoyable 22 seconds of your life, its nice to know that should you get into a low speed crash, you have the same security as the Camaro next to you that just finished the same run as you twice by the time you finally pedaled your way through the finish line.

6) Body Kit--Plain and simple, this one is for aerodynamics. I mean, sure, the extra 200lbs is equvalent to .2 seconds added on to your 1/4 mile time, but what do you care? Your ridin high in a 16 second slowbalt. Your lookin good as you go, and enjoying the extra gas mileage and performance as you do. Now instead of moving through the air like a brick, you cut through the air like a knife through butter, resulting in 3 second 0-60 times and 100+mpg.

If you have any more questions on how to get the most power out of your sweet new performance car, feel free to PM me. Id be happy to answer any questions, as I actually do have a performance car, not a supercharged 4 banger.

Originally Posted by redcobizzylt
you sir are an idiot x4 i walk camaros in reverse with a ten car head start
but seriously i walk camaros like there geo metros and fubar muscle i used to have a 04 mustang gt heavily modded and now that ive gone with a f/i 4 i will never go back to an 8 all they are is gas sucking turds like some1 **** on that toilet in a few previous posts and as far as your camaro making that power i want a dyno chart otherwise im throw the b/s flag
I dont worry too much about power. What you people fail to understand is the only thing that matters in the car worls is 1/4 mile times, which in every sence, muscle has you beat. My cammed, stalled Camaro should run low 11s one I get the slicks and a 12 bolt, and it runs 12.1 now on street tires. So until your 300rwhp slowbalt finds its way into the 11s or even 12s, we can just assume that a muscle car would win..

Last edited by 08 LT; 06-30-2008 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-30-2008, 08:18 AM

hahaha.... what a poopy head^^^

only 6 posts and i dont like him already

i hope he knows that there are cobalts in here over 300 and close to 400whp.... some even more and they are more than capable of hitting 12s lol
ive dyno'd 300whp and raced one of your almghty WS6's and i think he pooped a lil when i pulled on him BAD... very bad.... hahaha

Originally Posted by 08 LT
I dont worry too much about power. What you people fail to understand is the only thing that matters in the car worls is 1/4 mile times, which in every sence, muscle has you beat. My cammed, stalled Camaro should run low 11s one I get the slicks and a 12 bolt, and it runs 12.1 now on street tires. So until your 300rwhp slowbalt finds its way into the 11s or even 12s, we can just assume that a muscle car would win..

Last edited by quadracer0387; 06-30-2008 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-30-2008, 08:23 AM

FAIL!

Pointless arguement. Because in the world of cars, 1/4 times are not the only thing that matters. Look at how much money nascar makes. and all they do is go in a circle. not my thing either but. F1, auto x those are sports too. You can strap a rocket to mustang shell and call it american muscle i don't car. But guess what. That thing isn't gonna be driving you to work and it sure as hell isn't getting good gas milage. If someone is inclinded to make goals for himself that you don't want to believe in than keep it to yourself.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:31 AM
Haz l33t wheelz.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
08LT, have you seen the 'ring lap times for the Cobalt SS? right in between a Skyline and a Ferrari. im sorry, did you call the Cobalt SS ricer? oh, im sorry, it doesn't handle? oh im sorry, it doesn't run a 14.2 bone stock for 22k?

you my friend, need to do a little research.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:34 AM

the cobalt is nothing to laugh at the thing is fast and quick and handles great thats why i love it. but its also not a muscle car even though it definatly earned its SS badge
Old 06-30-2008, 09:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by freakta
the cobalt is nothing to laugh at the thing is fast and quick and handles great thats why i love it. but its also not a muscle car even though it definatly earned its SS badge
QFT! the balts a nice mix of economy and performacne especially for the younger men. as far as what he can hang with. well lets just say most cars ur gonna run into u can keep up with, but theres always them few cars that even if u had 400whp u would get demolished
Old 06-30-2008, 09:49 AM

i know a guy with over 300 whp running a 2.5, meth and obv other stuff too. it can be done.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 LT... Are you stupid and just messing with us or do you actually believe that pile of **** you just posted?

Go anywhere on the street, match up with a WS6 or SS, and I dont care if you have 500 hp, your gonna get your **** wrecked.
500 hp... And we will get our "****" wrecked.... Does that even make sense to you? Seriously?

-smacks him-
Old 06-30-2008, 11:49 AM

He's just hating. I used to be a V8 guy. It's amazing what you can do with the right set of gears. If you noticed he's running an automatic. So that says a lot for his driving skills.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 08 LT
If you are looking for more horsepower, heres some quick tips.

1) Stickers--By far the easiest mod, and cheap. A set of 10 stickers usually goes for $20, and each sticker alone, depending on where you place it, is good for 5-10 hp. Usually the best stickers are the ones for NOS, Type R, and other products your car will never have any affiliation with, but since Vin Diesel did it in F&F, so should you.

2) Lambo Doors--This is the secret mod. There is no way to tell you have them as long as you stay in the car, and all you have to do is line up next to someone, open the doors, punch the gas, and watch those 195s up front force 500 horses of raw power to the ground, and lift the car off the ground. Now simply fly over the opponent, and go brag to your buddies.

3) Spoiler--So you got shold of mommys credit card and bought 50 stickers for your sweet whip. But how are you gonna get all that power to the ground? 1 word. Spoiler. Believe me, when those front wheels start spinning from that raw power, your going to need as much downforse on that rear end as possible, and nothing helps more than a spolier taller than the rear window.

4) Fart Can Exhaust--By far the most well known secret in the ricer market. Originally concieved as a joke, it is now regarded as the greatest mod to do to a 4 cylinder car, and often a first for most of the owners. The theory behind this exhaust, however, is not to free up extra horsepower. Believe me, you have a 2.0L engine with a SC pushing 300hp. There is no extra horsepower. The actual idea behind this is to make the drivers anywhere within a block from you so pissed off, they move out of your way, and bingo, you have a clear path to the finish line.

5) Racing Seats--When your flying through the traps at your local track at speeds close to 60 mph after the most enjoyable 22 seconds of your life, its nice to know that should you get into a low speed crash, you have the same security as the Camaro next to you that just finished the same run as you twice by the time you finally pedaled your way through the finish line.

6) Body Kit--Plain and simple, this one is for aerodynamics. I mean, sure, the extra 200lbs is equvalent to .2 seconds added on to your 1/4 mile time, but what do you care? Your ridin high in a 16 second slowbalt. Your lookin good as you go, and enjoying the extra gas mileage and performance as you do. Now instead of moving through the air like a brick, you cut through the air like a knife through butter, resulting in 3 second 0-60 times and 100+mpg.

If you have any more questions on how to get the most power out of your sweet new performance car, feel free to PM me. Id be happy to answer any questions, as I actually do have a performance car, not a supercharged 4 banger.
this made me lol for the longest time. I actually like him because of his sarcasm.

btw cobalt ss/sc = 67 charger 440 magnum /w 6 pack
1/4 mile times

and lambo doors netted me 500 hp PER HINGE....

to the op:
300 whp cobalt is equivelant to an old lady in a wheelchair racing uphill from a dig.

should be pretty impressive from 30+ roll
Old 06-30-2008, 12:18 PM

^ impressive, indeed
Old 06-30-2008, 01:26 PM

little old lady doing 30 in a wheelchair is ridiculous ha ha ha id love to see that
Old 06-30-2008, 09:18 PM

hahaha. new sig.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:00 AM

08lt
Old 07-01-2008, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by FrankTheTank
He's just hating. I used to be a V8 guy. It's amazing what you can do with the right set of gears. If you noticed he's running an automatic. So that says a lot for his driving skills.
Yea I run an automatic. Cause I was able to throw a 3500RPM stall on it. Its for drags, not a street car. My Slowbalt is a 5 speed, so i do know how to drive one, I just didnt want a stick shift on a track car.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:51 AM

I notice you got in your sig that you have a 12 Bolt Coming Soon..

I know that I had to rebuild my 10 bolt in my 96 z in my first pass on the street with my stall :P.. I had almost the same setup as you except a slightly larger stall and slicks with 3:73's..
Old 07-01-2008, 02:00 AM

And just so everyone knows, Im messin with you. I own a brand new Cobalt for god sakes. I have no place to **** talk them with one in my driveway. Im just saying, they are a little bit ricey, and would have more of a problem keeping up with Camaros then you think. LT1s with just intake and exhuast can push low 13s, and Ive seen an LS1 with intake exhaust and some Nitto 555s dip into the 12s. Granted, it had quite a bit of weight reduction, but it was still a totally streetable 12 second car with $500 in mods plus a set of tires.

Am I saying you cant beat a Camaro? No, Im just saying as a Camaro driver, I definatly have the upper hand. almost 4 extra liters of displacement, good old fashioned RWD, and the beautiful roar of a pushrod chevy. Im sure with enough money, a Cobalt could easily dip into the 9s. But building a 9 second Camaro would be far easier and cheaper. So mod for mod, its nearly impossible to beat a V8 Camaro. But as far as stock Camaros, Im sure a pulley and maybe cam swap would definatly put you up there.

Originally Posted by coopn8r
I notice you got in your sig that you have a 12 Bolt Coming Soon..

I know that I had to rebuild my 10 bolt in my 96 z in my first pass on the street with my stall :P.. I had almost the same setup as you except a slightly larger stall and slicks with 3:73's..
I got 3.73s in my garage, awaiting install. I was waiting until I had a DD (the new Cobalt) so my gas mileage would stay somewhat reasonable at 11mpg. Now, Im bumping up the stall to a 4K stall and throwing on the 3.73s, but as a weekend car, who cares about mileage? Thats what the 36mpg Cobalt is for haha.

Last edited by 08 LT; 07-01-2008 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-01-2008, 02:06 AM

Sounds good.. If its a weekend car and do not care about mileage.. you may as well Grab some 4:10's.. I know your top end will drop quite a bit, but you should not top out in the 1/4 with them.. Just a little bit after..

I going to have to disagree when you say a LT1 is capable of low 13's with only intake and exhaust.. When I had my intake, exhaust, tune, gears, I was still in the high 13's.. Each car is different :P

Quick Reply: what do you think a 300 whp cobalt is comparable to?