General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

what do you think a 300 whp cobalt is comparable to?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 02:18 AM
I'm too JDM for you

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 08 LT
No, I dont mean a tiny car with a motor that displaces as much air as a 2 liter bottle holds ahah. O wait, I forgot, Chevy saw it as a good idea to slap a blower on there, because, well, why should the japs make all the money off the new ricer trend. They wanted a piece of that o so sweet virgin-with-mommys-credit-card-and-a-JC-Whitney-catalouge market, so they made a slowbalt and banked on all you idiots who thought u got a performance car just because you have a supercharger. I swear to god, Ive seen more body kits on this site then Ive seen cars with modded motors (and no, buddy, a K&N fliter does not count as a mod, so matter how much horsepower you think it helped you with). U want to see a real american performance car? Go anywhere on the street, match up with a WS6 or SS, and I dont care if you have 500 hp, your gonna get your **** wrecked.

If you are looking for more horsepower, heres some quick tips.

1) Stickers--By far the easiest mod, and cheap. A set of 10 stickers usually goes for $20, and each sticker alone, depending on where you place it, is good for 5-10 hp. Usually the best stickers are the ones for NOS, Type R, and other products your car will never have any affiliation with, but since Vin Diesel did it in F&F, so should you.

2) Lambo Doors--This is the secret mod. There is no way to tell you have them as long as you stay in the car, and all you have to do is line up next to someone, open the doors, punch the gas, and watch those 195s up front force 500 horses of raw power to the ground, and lift the car off the ground. Now simply fly over the opponent, and go brag to your buddies.

3) Spoiler--So you got shold of mommys credit card and bought 50 stickers for your sweet whip. But how are you gonna get all that power to the ground? 1 word. Spoiler. Believe me, when those front wheels start spinning from that raw power, your going to need as much downforse on that rear end as possible, and nothing helps more than a spolier taller than the rear window.

4) Fart Can Exhaust--By far the most well known secret in the ricer market. Originally concieved as a joke, it is now regarded as the greatest mod to do to a 4 cylinder car, and often a first for most of the owners. The theory behind this exhaust, however, is not to free up extra horsepower. Believe me, you have a 2.0L engine with a SC pushing 300hp. There is no extra horsepower. The actual idea behind this is to make the drivers anywhere within a block from you so pissed off, they move out of your way, and bingo, you have a clear path to the finish line.

5) Racing Seats--When your flying through the traps at your local track at speeds close to 60 mph after the most enjoyable 22 seconds of your life, its nice to know that should you get into a low speed crash, you have the same security as the Camaro next to you that just finished the same run as you twice by the time you finally pedaled your way through the finish line.

6) Body Kit--Plain and simple, this one is for aerodynamics. I mean, sure, the extra 200lbs is equvalent to .2 seconds added on to your 1/4 mile time, but what do you care? Your ridin high in a 16 second slowbalt. Your lookin good as you go, and enjoying the extra gas mileage and performance as you do. Now instead of moving through the air like a brick, you cut through the air like a knife through butter, resulting in 3 second 0-60 times and 100+mpg.

If you have any more questions on how to get the most power out of your sweet new performance car, feel free to PM me. Id be happy to answer any questions, as I actually do have a performance car, not a supercharged 4 banger.

I dont worry too much about power. What you people fail to understand is the only thing that matters in the car worls is 1/4 mile times, which in every sence, muscle has you beat. My cammed, stalled Camaro should run low 11s one I get the slicks and a 12 bolt, and it runs 12.1 now on street tires. So until your 300rwhp slowbalt finds its way into the 11s or even 12s, we can just assume that a muscle car would win..
are you seriously coming on a cobalt forum and bashing our supercharged cars? believe it or not 4 cylinder performance does exist. besides the fact that your car in stock form runs a 14.7 @ 97mph what a joke...that makes it slower than what do you know, a stock cobalt ss/sc! i think we might have to introduce him to victory red ss. lol...so in conclusion, you sir are a douchebag, have a good day...that is all
Old 07-02-2008, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it might hang with a turbo scion tc

STOCK sti, evo, srt4's as well.. mustang gt's - any stock cars under 50k
Old 07-02-2008, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by enjoithis
it might hang with a turbo scion tc

STOCK sti, evo, srt4's as well.. mustang gt's - any stock cars under 50k
hahahha, i could hang with all the listed cars before the bottle...probably even before the meth tune...

u have no idea what a power-weight ratio is, do u? lol

stick around on these forums bud...u may get an education...if ur willing
Old 07-05-2008, 11:53 PM

Can someone get this thread back on track??!! All the guy did was ask what a 300whp Bolt could compete with in a straight line!! My opinion would be stock T/As and Z28s from a roll, LS1 GTOs, STIs, and EVOs. From a digg the above cars will probably pull out on you but you MAY be able to reel the STI and EVO in... LS1 top end is nothing to laugh at! I myself drive a lightly modified T/A that ran a 12.8 on street tires. I am looking for a Cobalt because I do believe that with a little work they can be just as fun as my T/A and get double the gas mileage! Who could complain about that!? +1 for the Bolt!