General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

What would you do??

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What would you do??

Ok I have a 06 SS 2.4L. I'm in the process of paying off some debt which will still take some time but not to long anyways..

1)Should I keep the n/a SS and mod her with turbo etc etc..

2)Trade her in next yr when my lease is up for a T/C Cobalt? or whatever comes out?

3)Buy a whole different car to begin with?

Modding the car means I will have to take out a loan cause you can't finance a turbo up grade etc.. Also what other mods will have to be done so I don't break anything with a turbo kit? Axles, tranny ? My big mod list would also consist of wheels, new paint job..Cha ching

Any ideas would be helpful please and info
Old 03-20-2008, 12:17 PM

Pay off your debt first before you do anything.

/thread
Old 03-20-2008, 01:08 PM

oh ya 4 sure!! ^^ I did just come back from a Pontiac dealership and well i fell in love with a Solstice.. Nice interior not to cluttered, kinda illogical with our short dry season but thats what u get a winter beater for.. And rwd.. Not to mention a very hot sales girl gave me info.. drooooool .

but ya your right, pay off them bills first
Old 03-20-2008, 01:15 PM
Premium Member

Pay off debt , then turn your leased 2.4 in and get a 09 SS/TC. A 2.4 with a turbo and a decent tune would be a good idea if you owned the car and had years left to pay on it. Since you don't, the updated suspension along with a host of other things on the new TC is worth it, hell in 09 they will have even more updates.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wail til the lease is up and trade it in on the SS/TC, or.... get the Camaro SS! :
Old 03-20-2008, 06:32 PM

If you have debt, pay it off, duh.

The car will get you from point A to point B without a turbo.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
keep the 2.4 and boost it later..get a winter beater for when you do it but first pay it off
Old 03-20-2008, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tr1p1ng
Wail til the lease is up and trade it in on the SS/TC, or.... get the Camaro SS! :
Absolutely, depending on if you still want the tuner car, or an upgrade to the sweetest muscle car to come in years!

Also, if you love the sneeze (bov) of the turbo, and the FWD small car segment, upgrade to the SS TC.
If you want RWD V8 power, (and the option of convertible will be available after launch), and the sweet dual exhaust rumble that is uniquely a heart and soul stirring V8, wait until the Camaro launches. (late 09 last i heard)

If you do jump on the Solstice train, take a look also at the Saturn Sky, it might be more in your department if your a clean lines over sexy curves type person. Either way, both of these cars have a small trunk space, and an extremely small amount of trunk space when the top is down, so consider that if you want to go on a trip with anything bigger than two briefcases.
I just heard today though, GM is releasing Targa and HardTop accesories for both Sky and Solstice... that may or may not help with the convertible/trunk space issue.

Good luck!
Old 03-21-2008, 12:43 AM

Well the new camaro is nada in my price range.. Don't get me wrong I love the lines of the Cobalt but here in were probably going to get raped price wise on the new T/C.. My mother said why don't I go back to Japanese cars but when most don't have what I love (torque) and well there way over priced too so I'm not going to go there..

I love the interior of the Solstice and yes its SMALL in more ways then one but I don't travel anywhere, when I buy groceries hell I could fit everything in the front seat of my Balt so space is not an issue I don't even use my back seats..

I am of course paying off my bills b4 i do the car thing thats 4 sure so no worries there.. If I can aford the GXP Solstice I may go for that but thats approaching $40,000, yikes..

thanks for the comments none the less, its just a waiting game now..
Old 03-21-2008, 12:16 PM
Premium Member

Do you have a winter beater already? I'd imagine a GXP solstice , while prolly being a blast to drive in the snow , might get you in trouble.