General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

What is your #1

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 04:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 05g5
really isnt too bad if you stand back and look at all these things we hate about our cars :P
most of them are small and/or can be easily fixed problems.
i kind of agree with this. i think there could be a lot more major issues with these cars that would be worse. i just enjoy driving my car when i drive it.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dislike all the **** that rattles or makes noise in the door panels haha. I find myself beating on the doors while I'm driving. Hell, I've gotten to the point where I just can't turn the radio up enough!
Old 04-04-2014, 05:40 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Well we can nit pick but these really are amazing little cars, yeah they're sorta noisy, FWD and not without there quirks. But in the end these are amazing bang for your buck, they look great (IMO), I love the shape of the coupe, I honestly think its just such a sharp looking car and TC wheels=

I LOVE the interior of my T/C (yeah yeah lots of plastics) BUT I have leather-like door inserts, borderline racing seats(seats in my ATS were flat slabs of pleather), a factory magical LCD gauge, a sound system that makes my Caddys BOSE sound like ****(seriously) and a sunroof

I have launch control, NLS, Brembo brakes, Limited slip Diff, a truly wonderful suspension system(handles great!), doesn't weigh much and lets not forget one HELL of a powerplant.], I mean DAMN this car MOVES

This recall doesn't have me phased, I think the media is blowing this thing so wildly out of proportion I've only seen one car (personally) that had an ignition issue, and it was only because she had WAYYY too much hanging off the keychain, my old 2.4SS didn't give me ONE issues in the years I had it. This cars ignition and PS are both fine.

I realize some of you are disgruntled for one reason or another with GM or your car, but speaking PERSONALLY I think it's a hell of a package really, especially when you consider the price... it's seriously is a phenomenal car and I dont see GM doing a car like this again for the foreseeable future.

Last edited by StevoElSupremo; 04-04-2014 at 05:45 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorta noisy??? I blew out my rear speakers just trying to drown out all the noise.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) 5X110 (seriously, what's the purpose of that?)
2) The little compartment by your left knee that looks like it's supposed to latch, but is really just a fake latch that flys open every single time I accelerate
3) No armrest
4) 1st gear is very jumpy when take off
Old 04-05-2014, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by StevoElSupremo
Well we can nit pick but these really are amazing little cars, yeah they're sorta noisy, FWD and not without there quirks. But in the end these are amazing bang for your buck, they look great (IMO), I love the shape of the coupe, I honestly think its just such a sharp looking car and TC wheels=

I LOVE the interior of my T/C (yeah yeah lots of plastics) BUT I have leather-like door inserts, borderline racing seats(seats in my ATS were flat slabs of pleather), a factory magical LCD gauge, a sound system that makes my Caddys BOSE sound like ****(seriously) and a sunroof

I have launch control, NLS, Brembo brakes, Limited slip Diff, a truly wonderful suspension system(handles great!), doesn't weigh much and lets not forget one HELL of a powerplant.], I mean DAMN this car MOVES

This recall doesn't have me phased, I think the media is blowing this thing so wildly out of proportion I've only seen one car (personally) that had an ignition issue, and it was only because she had WAYYY too much hanging off the keychain, my old 2.4SS didn't give me ONE issues in the years I had it. This cars ignition and PS are both fine.

I realize some of you are disgruntled for one reason or another with GM or your car, but speaking PERSONALLY I think it's a hell of a package really, especially when you consider the price... it's seriously is a phenomenal car and I dont see GM doing a car like this again for the foreseeable future.
i must agree. and as far as the recalls. i heard something about a lot of drunk crashes? why in the f#$@ where these people driving 65 in a 25 at 16 years of age at 2 am while trashed? stupid much? yeah it's the cars fault right away cause you're a F****** moron. give me a break. i don't feel pity for any of those drunk ass bastards.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:49 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
no I know a few of the people who died were reportedly WASTED, inexperienced drivers, the reports also say that IF the airbags came out then maybe...just maybe they MIGHT have made it... its like yeah if if's and buts were candy and nuts...
Old 04-05-2014, 01:06 PM

they shouldn't have been behind the wheel in the first place
Old 04-05-2014, 01:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
those weak ass chrome door handles that pull apart.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kahless
those weak ass chrome door handles that pull apart.
I finally replaced my driver side handle the other day. Now it looks so much better.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:11 PM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
i wonder if that has to do with when they were made. Like it wasnt painted well or prepped well? because v1 and v2 havent had any issues with the chrome yet