General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

The worst, best driving day in Cobalt history

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 12:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The worst, best driving day in Cobalt history

So normally I'm an EXCELLENT driver... have no issues zipping through traffic, parking, anything like that. Well, today was definitely my luckiest, unlucky day since I started driving the Cobalt.

1. During a bit of drifting practice, I realize that my parking break is feeling a little unusual, so I decide that it's probably time to quit anyway, and I head to a local Quiznos... not 10 seconds after I get out of my car, I see it start rolling down the hill. Luckily, I left my window down like a jackass, which I never do, because that's the side I have my GPS on... well... the one time I did it saved my car's life as I dove through the driver's side window down far enough to be able to tap my brake. Luckily someone saw the event and was able to assist me in righting the situation. Pretty cool way to enter a Quizos at dinner time....

2. Jackass move #2... I decided that since my parking brake was jacked, I should probably drive like an ******* for a while, to make myself feel better. I didn't go over the speed limit. Well, in the process, I was asked to race. The guy said he had quite a few mods done, but it was more of a sleeper. So, I agreed telling him that we had to do it somewhere with good roads, because in Alaska, they are quite jacked this time of year. So, I took him to an area that is abandoned that used to be used as a runway... turns out, this guy is an undercover cop looking to bust street racers... wow, never knew they did this in Alaska... BUT, because I didn't want anyone else getting hurt, and wanted to do it somewhere where we couldn't harm anyone, he told me he wouldn't have a case anyway and let me go... BUT, he asked if he could search my car... and of course I agreed, because well... I generally have nothing to hide...

3. Well, because I just got done shooting earlier that day, I had 3 weapons in my car. This of course isn't illegal in Alaska, you can carry weapons on your person without a license here... BUT, it is VERY questionable, when you have THREE of them in your car, not in cases. I didn't get in trouble for this, LUCKILY because all of my guns were legit and registered.

So... the moral of the story is that you should always leave your windows down like a jackass, be an intelligent street racer and always go to abandoned areas, and if you are going to let a cop search your car, make sure your **** is legit...

I now have 3 hour old Quizos that I'm going to go consume... what a killer day it was! ;0
Old 05-23-2007, 12:30 AM

this is one of the best, worst story i'v read on here lol!
Old 05-23-2007, 12:35 AM
Rx.

great story! i love it.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by widebody_balt_ss
this is one of the best, worst story i'v read on here lol!
Well, the funny thing is that even with all that, I didn't get into any trouble... I'm pretty annoyed that my parking brake is bad, but I'm the jackass that decided it was a good idea to try and drift on damn near EVERY corner that I could, hahaha... it's pretty hard if you don't have a lot of speed, but damnit I would go for it anyway. So... if nothing else, we have all learned that street cars aren't meant for drifting... do with that as you wish, but as for me, I now carry blocks of wood with me in my trunk so that I can park my car. Unfortunately, if I don't have someone with me... it requires me to get out of the car VERY VERY fast... hahaha... luckily there aren't a lot of hills to park on around here and the ones we do have are really gradual slope.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by alaskacobalt

2. Jackass move #2... I decided that since my parking brake was jacked, I should probably drive like an ******* for a while, to make myself feel better. I didn't go over the speed limit. Well, in the process, I was asked to race. The guy said he had quite a few mods done, but it was more of a sleeper. So, I agreed telling him that we had to do it somewhere with good roads, because in Alaska, they are quite jacked this time of year. So, I took him to an area that is abandoned that used to be used as a runway... turns out, this guy is an undercover cop looking to bust street racers... wow, never knew they did this in Alaska... BUT, because I didn't want anyone else getting hurt, and wanted to do it somewhere where we couldn't harm anyone, he told me he wouldn't have a case anyway and let me go...

That's entrapment, plain and simple, PERIOD.
There is hardly a better legal definition of entrapment than that.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:59 AM

Well, the funny thing is that even with all that, I didn't get into any trouble... I'm pretty annoyed that my parking brake is bad, but I'm the jackass that decided it was a good idea to try and drift on damn near EVERY corner that I could, hahaha... it's pretty hard if you don't have a lot of speed, but damnit I would go for it anyway. So... if nothing else, we have all learned that street cars aren't meant for drifting... do with that as you wish, but as for me, I now carry blocks of wood with me in my trunk so that I can park my car. Unfortunately, if I don't have someone with me... it requires me to get out of the car VERY VERY fast... hahaha... luckily there aren't a lot of hills to park on around here and the ones we do have are really gradual slope.

Slap it into first or reverse
Old 05-23-2007, 01:14 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe the correct statement is FWD cars aren't meant to be drifted... and street cars aren't meant to be e-braked!!

PS- Park in gear and your car shouldn't roll.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by monkeiboy
That's entrapment, plain and simple, PERIOD.
There is hardly a better legal definition of entrapment than that.
I'd definitely say so, but I guess the same could be said about cops that pretend to be young girls and bust pedophiles. You could definitely say it is entrapment, but you still did race, and you weren't forced to. But if I would have raced him on the street, I wonder if he would have raced me or not, because if he had, then he would be endangering the public as much as I was... I'm curious how this would have played out in court. Could have been interesting. I'm thinking by asking me to race, he nullifies that charge, but would have been able to possibly get me on something related, such as endangerment, wreckless driving, etc... if he did that, then I wonder if that could bypass the entrapment issue. He could say, "we asked for a race, but he squeeled his tires, broke sound with his exhaust, and was driving wrecklessly... we'll drop the racing, for those charge.". I'm thinking that's exactly how it would go... and I'm sure I would have ended up with stupid charges.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by REIGNftSOLDIER
I believe the correct statement is FWD cars aren't meant to be drifted... and street cars aren't meant to be e-braked!!

PS- Park in gear and your car shouldn't roll.

Ohh... EVERY car is meant to be drifted... some you just have to work harder at... such as the Cobalt... it's not the easiest car to drift... and I can't get it to drift for long rolls, like you can with a RWD, but it is still good enough to be entertaining if nothing else.

How well does it hold in gear? I figure I could slap it in gear in conjunction with the blocks, I started parking it in reverse with blocks, hoping that would be good enough. Not sure if I'm willing to trust putting it in gear only though...
Old 05-23-2007, 01:22 AM

u cant drift a fwd car! but u can powerslide it. But dude are u serious sounds like you made it up . If not thats crazy.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:23 AM

I never use my e-brake to park. Your transmission should hold better than your e-brake.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by 06CobaltssOrange
u cant drift a fwd car! but u can powerslide it. But dude are u serious sounds like you made it up . If not thats crazy.

If I had made it up, I would have done something A LOT cooler than have my car roll down a hill.. hahaha... and since I have difficulty keeping elderly sex out of my stories, there would have been some old woman bent over ***** drooping in the back seat... hahaha... god that would have been hot... ;0

Alright... way to get me off topic, I warn you people over and over... you get me rolling down hill and suddenly I'm swabbing my butthole with kittens, because I like the way the fur feels. It's best just to keep me on topic! ;0
Old 05-23-2007, 01:27 AM

if i saw u running for ur car i wouldve been on the ground laughing
Old 05-23-2007, 01:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
put it in first...trust me it works fine and you dont need blocks
Old 05-23-2007, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by CobaltVenomSS
if i saw u running for ur car i wouldve been on the ground laughing
Do you drive a PT Cruiser? Because those smuck mucky jackasses were yucking it up, all the way inside, and right back out... like this hasn't happened to them before... pffft!
Old 05-23-2007, 01:33 AM

no but speakind of PT cruisers my neighbor has on and he said he has a turbo and that he's beat tons of cobalt's SS/SC (I tried not 2 laugh)
Old 05-23-2007, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by CobaltVenomSS
no but speakind of PT cruisers my neighbor has on and he said he has a turbo and that he's beat tons of cobalt's SS/SC (I tried not 2 laugh)

Maybe he doesn't notice the red lights?
Old 05-23-2007, 01:50 AM

as far as the entrapment issue goes, if he actually initiated the race then its absolutely entrapment. reason is simple, to be legal they have to let you make an conscious decision to break the law with no pressure. the stings they do on tv work the same way, sure they may pretend to be a 14 year old girl, but I'm sure they never initiate any conversations, they just play along; thats the only legal way to do it.

If he would have actually raced you on the street, what would have probably happened, is he would line up against you, let you start the race, either honking the horn or just leaving, then as soon as you take off at an unreasonable speed, the blue and reds would come on and you would find out how tough their street racing laws are. All they have to prove is intent, he doesn't have to go through with the race.

Glad you were being smart about it, I've never heard anyone say "I sure wish i would have raced on that busy street."

what kind of car was he driving?
Old 05-23-2007, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by denn454
as far as the entrapment issue goes, if he actually initiated the race then its absolutely entrapment. reason is simple, to be legal they have to let you make an conscious decision to break the law with no pressure. the stings they do on tv work the same way, sure they may pretend to be a 14 year old girl, but I'm sure they never initiate any conversations, they just play along; thats the only legal way to do it.

If he would have actually raced you on the street, what would have probably happened, is he would line up against you, let you start the race, either honking the horn or just leaving, then as soon as you take off at an unreasonable speed, the blue and reds would come on and you would find out how tough their street racing laws are. All they have to prove is intent, he doesn't have to go through with the race.

Glad you were being smart about it, I've never heard anyone say "I sure wish i would have raced on that busy street."

what kind of car was he driving?

It was an Impala, which is a standard cop car out here, so something didn't seem 100% legit anyway. But I looked for a rack and there wasn't one. I didn't realize that even though most of their undercover cars have visible signs that they are cop cars, such as extra antennas and smaller racks, not all of them have these. His car had strobes in the grill and headlights, which I have only seen in Michigan prior to today. The only reason I accepted, was because the guy was definitely younger, around the same age as me, and was wearing baggy cargo pants and a t-shirt...
Old 05-23-2007, 01:57 AM

So normally I'm an EXCELLENT driver... have no issues zipping through traffic, parking, anything like that. Well, today was definitely my luckiest, unlucky day since I started driving the Cobalt.

1. During a bit of drifting practice, I realize that my parking break is feeling a little unusual, so I decide that it's probably time to quit anyway, and I head to a local Quiznos... not 10 seconds after I get out of my car, I see it start rolling down the hill. Luckily, I left my window down like a jackass, which I never do, because that's the side I have my GPS on... well... the one time I did it saved my car's life as I dove through the driver's side window down far enough to be able to tap my brake. Luckily someone saw the event and was able to assist me in righting the situation. Pretty cool way to enter a Quizos at dinner time....

2. Jackass move #2... I decided that since my parking brake was jacked, I should probably drive like an ******* for a while, to make myself feel better. I didn't go over the speed limit. Well, in the process, I was asked to race. The guy said he had quite a few mods done, but it was more of a sleeper. So, I agreed telling him that we had to do it somewhere with good roads, because in Alaska, they are quite jacked this time of year. So, I took him to an area that is abandoned that used to be used as a runway... turns out, this guy is an undercover cop looking to bust street racers... wow, never knew they did this in Alaska... BUT, because I didn't want anyone else getting hurt, and wanted to do it somewhere where we couldn't harm anyone, he told me he wouldn't have a case anyway and let me go... BUT, he asked if he could search my car... and of course I agreed, because well... I generally have nothing to hide...

3. Well, because I just got done shooting earlier that day, I had 3 weapons in my car. This of course isn't illegal in Alaska, you can carry weapons on your person without a license here... BUT, it is VERY questionable, when you have THREE of them in your car, not in cases. I didn't get in trouble for this, LUCKILY because all of my guns were legit and registered.

So... the moral of the story is that you should always leave your windows down like a jackass, be an intelligent street racer and always go to abandoned areas, and if you are going to let a cop search your car, make sure your **** is legit...

I now have 3 hour old Quizos that I'm going to go consume... what a killer day it was! ;0
You're obviously not as good of a driver as you think you are

a.) you arent responsible enough to understand a "spirited drive" shouldnt happen when there are other cars on the road

b.) you need a rwd car to "drift" , you cranking your e-brake isnt drifting, its wearing down on your car

c.) you didnt park in gear... especially after you abuse your park brake like that

Are you lucky? Yup you bet, but seriously, smarten up. People with your "superior driving skillz" give car enthusiasts a bad name, time and place for everything my friend.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:08 AM

technically with the right suspension/ braking (front and rear bias, ect ect) you COULD drift a fwd car, but that would take tons of work and money, neither of which he has done
oh and you would need quite a bit of power with a high redline as well
Old 05-23-2007, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by Apex
You're obviously not as good of a driver as you think you are

a.) you arent responsible enough to understand a "spirited drive" shouldnt happen when there are other cars on the road

b.) you need a rwd car to "drift" , you cranking your e-brake isnt drifting, its wearing down on your car

c.) you didnt park in gear... especially after you abuse your park brake like that

Are you lucky? Yup you bet, but seriously, smarten up. People with your "superior driving skillz" give car enthusiasts a bad name, time and place for everything my friend.

I don't do anything stupid when people are around me... that's why I went to an abandoned area to race. If you're referring to the drifting or... sliding I guess is what it should be called, I do that when I'm not going to affect anyone but my own idiot self...

And personally, when you buy a car, I think you should enjoy it. As long as you aren't hurting anyone else, have fun with it. Why do you modify your car if you apparently just drive it like a stocker? At the end of the day, it's just a car, if I wanted to put money into something and never enjoy, that would seem like a waste... I mod it and enjoy every minute of it... I'm not the most legal person in the world, but I don't harm anyone but myself... but at least I go to bed knowing that I enjoy the hell out of my car. Sure I could destroy it... but that's what I bought it for... to enjoy it until I can't enjoy it anymore... and once I do that, I guess I'll buy a new car. But for the time being... I'm not going to modify a car and watch it rust... I'm going to drive the hell out of it...
Old 05-23-2007, 02:30 AM

I don't do anything stupid when people are around me... that's why I went to an abandoned area to race. If you're referring to the drifting or... sliding I guess is what it should be called, I do that when I'm not going to affect anyone but my own idiot self...
Oh?

So normally I'm an EXCELLENT driver... have no issues zipping through traffic, parking, anything like that
Riiiiiiight...., dont do anything stupid when nobody else is around... gotcha...

And personally, when you buy a car, I think you should enjoy it. As long as you aren't hurting anyone else, have fun with it. Why do you modify your car if you apparently just drive it like a stocker? At the end of the day, it's just a car, if I wanted to put money into something and never enjoy, that would seem like a waste... I mod it and enjoy every minute of it... I'm not the most legal person in the world, but I don't harm anyone but myself... but at least I go to bed knowing that I enjoy the hell out of my car. Sure I could destroy it... but that's what I bought it for... to enjoy it until I can't enjoy it anymore... and once I do that, I guess I'll buy a new car. But for the time being... I'm not going to modify a car and watch it rust... I'm going to drive the hell out of it...
Like i said, time and a place for everything. Take it to the track, take it to a back road where nobody goes, drive faster at night when traffic is extremely sparse. Dont "zip" through traffic because you think you're an excellent drive, i deal with too many accident because people are over confident of either themselves or their cars. Every month i deal with dozens of vehicles wrecked because somebody took a corner to fast, couldnt stop in time for a vehicle infront of them... i deal with dozens of parents every year because their kid also killed themselves driving like that as well.

Im not going to lie, i dont drive like a ******* angel, but like i said, time and place for everything.

edit: also driving the "hell outta the car!!!" is horrible to do for the used market... would you want to drive a car where the person selling it to you said they babied it, but drove it the way you did?

When you sell your car, be honest, cause karma is a bitch my friend.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by Apex
Oh?

Riiiiiiight...., dont do anything stupid when nobody else is around... gotcha...

Like i said, time and a place for everything. Take it to the track, take it to a back road where nobody goes, drive faster at night when traffic is extremely sparse. Dont "zip" through traffic because you think you're an excellent drive, i deal with too many accident because people are over confident of either themselves or their cars. Every month i deal with dozens of vehicles wrecked because somebody took a corner to fast, couldnt stop in time for a vehicle infront of them... i deal with dozens of parents every year because their kid also killed themselves driving like that as well.

Im not going to lie, i dont drive like a ******* angel, but like i said, time and place for everything.

edit: also driving the "hell outta the car!!!" is horrible to do for the used market... would you want to drive a car where the person selling it to you said they babied it, but drove it the way you did?

When you sell your car, be honest, cause karma is a bitch my friend.

You may want to consider a Taurus my friend... I hear they are great for driving around town picking up groceries with your grandmother and her 17 pomeranians.

What's wreckless about zipping through traffic if I stated I don't get over the speed limit? If you think that's wreckless, I hope to god you use two ply when you wipe, because you wouldn't want to accidentally scratch your brown eye with your nails... that could cause one hell of an infection...

As for trade in value? Who the eff cares! If I cared about return on investment, I would have bought a house or bonds... I'm not going to trade the car in, are you kidding me... trading in is for quitters... I'm going to have fun with it, until it is nothing more than a part car.

Basic premise of the story is this... some people sit and worry about the dumb things in life, such as whether or not to get a long hair or a short hair cat because they don't want to lint roll their pants in the morning... and others just get it and shave it... if you constantly worry about the dumb things, you are going to live a boring ass life, but if you get out there, enjoy what you have, while you are alive, I assure you, you'll have a much better existance.

Now, Apex, if you're done being a whiny little bitch about every little thing, we can move on... and be men... if not, could you at least cuddle with me and rub my back while attempting to be my mother? And you better not say a goddamn thing about guns killing people, or I'm going to call your Rosie, slap an oversized load sticker on your ass, and send your ass back to The View...
Old 05-23-2007, 03:36 AM

Ya I never knew cops here had undercover impalas until I saw a purple one pull over some guy I was racing. I got away but he wasn't lucky. I wasn't as fast as him. So he blew past the cop first. I did know that they have undercover SUVs here. And for the racing part. All he had to do was follow you until you broke the speed limit then he can light you up. Yes he did initiate the race but he's undercover it's what WE do. Just like when they initiate drug deals, same situation. You buy/race you're still guilty. I'm a cop here at Eielson, and training to be a state trooper. I know the law.

Quick Reply: The worst, best driving day in Cobalt history