General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

The worst, best driving day in Cobalt history

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 03:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. wow, what a day you had!!! that sucks.
2. 'street racer seeker' undercover police here use plain-jane taurus cars and SUV's (dunno how they plan on catching anyone in those things) if it was a legitimately fast street car like a 3000GT VR4 or Trailblazer SS, then I can see that...but a Taurus?!? LOL

i don't street race, but i know a few people that do (you wouldn't believe how many fellow Airmen are dumb enough to do this both on and off base...and every USAF cop I've seen so far was a d!ck--but I haven't met them all, so I'm sure there are cool ones), so I know a LOT of the undercover cars around here. You can spot them a mile away. Mustangs, Chargers, Impalas, Taurus, F150's with lights in the grille and a bajillion antennas. Laptops are always a good indication too. :P Save it for the track is my motto.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Maccoy316
Ya I never knew cops here had undercover impalas until I saw a purple one pull over some guy I was racing. I got away but he wasn't lucky. I wasn't as fast as him. So he blew past the cop first. I did know that they have undercover SUVs here. And for the racing part. All he had to do was follow you until you broke the speed limit then he can light you up. Yes he did initiate the race but he's undercover it's what WE do. Just like when they initiate drug deals, same situation. You buy/race you're still guilty. I'm a cop here at Eielson, and training to be a state trooper. I know the law.
Ahhh... I definitely don't **** with the military police... I'm at Elmendorf myself, and there's a reason I don't race on the road... I have worked far too hard to get off of the flightline and into a staff position, I don't need to go see the man who works only a few offices down from me, because of a street race. With my commander, that's a definite loss of rank and a whole lot of money... and I'm sure some jacked up extra duty. So I always do my racing on old airfields, they are everywhere in Alaska so it's stupid not to take advantage of them.

Originally Posted by xravenwingsx
2. 'street racer seeker' undercover police here use plain-jane taurus cars and SUV's (dunno how they plan on catching anyone in those things) if it was a legitimately fast street car like a 3000GT VR4 or Trailblazer SS, then I can see that...but a Taurus?!? LOL
Hahaha... yeah... I bet they have N20... I can't imagine them even attempting something without it. But what I've seen in the lower 48 is that they have the undercover car and then they have other cops sitting out waiting for the action. They don't want to give away their undercover man or the car, so that seems to be the usual approach. But I guess in Anchorage we have so many damn cops they just don't give a **** and go ***** in...

Last edited by alaskacobalt; 05-23-2007 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-23-2007, 03:46 AM

Thats too cool. Anchorage is definetally a much different place than Fairbanks here. Cops are far and few so thats why I get away with it. And yes if I did get caught OMG that would suck so bad. Specially since my commander is a cop and all ya know? And I can imagine how much it sucks to work on flightline. I hate having to sit there and watch the C-130s you guys send up. What the **** are they gonna do? Fly themselves. Its so boring. But yes most cops in general suck, I'm not one of them though, I like to have fun with my car. Keep in touch AlaskaCobalt.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:50 AM

I work on the flightline too (F-16 Weapons Loader), I can't wait to get out. 8 more months and I'll be Mr. instead of SSgt.
Alaskacobalt, nice to meet ya.
Maccoy316, you seem like one of the few cool cops. Pleasure knowin' ya.

Back on track...nice to hear you've got chocks for your car now. :P
Old 05-23-2007, 03:57 AM

I'm a fighter jet crew chief myself... we don't have the luxury of going inside of our aircraft when it gets cold. And thanks for sitting there watching our red lines, hahaha... that has got to be the worst job ever at times, watching to make sure someone doesn't break red for 12 hours straight... I couldn't do it, I'd fall asleep and get an article 15 for it... At least i know in the 30 below, my ass isn't going to fall asleep... well, I have fallen asleep inside of an intake before, and woke up with ass crack in my face, that was pretty funny and not at the same time.

We have the 22's at Elmo now and holy **** is security tight with those things, they have constant patrol on those things, but for good reason.

I work on the flightline too (F-16 Weapons Loader), I can't wait to get out. 8 more months and I'll be Mr. instead of SSgt.
Alaskacobalt, nice to meet ya.
Maccoy316, you seem like one of the few cool cops. Pleasure knowin' ya.

Back on track...nice to hear you've got chocks for your car now. :P

Hahaha... the funny thing, is that they are CHOCKS! HAHAHA! I just didn't think anyone would know what the hell those were... nice! A weapons troop, a cop, and a crew chief, what a jacked up trio we have... but, if we combined our skills and access, we could build one incredible vehicle. Damn shame we can't throw a couple AIM-9's and 200 motor on a car...

Last edited by alaskacobalt; 05-23-2007 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-23-2007, 04:00 AM

could probably fit some rockets where our fog lights should be... you know, kinda retarded like that xXx movie... LOL
Old 05-23-2007, 04:16 AM

could probably fit some rockets where our fog lights should be... you know, kinda retarded like that xXx movie... LOL
We could at least throw some chaff/flare on the back of our rides, I could see a good use for that... it would definitely stop tailgating... not like many cars are ever behind me, they always seem to be in front of me... going incredibly slow.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:27 AM

Ya and I'd be the one who'd pull over the few that get past us. Ohh man. Ya I'm jealous that you have the 22s, them ***** are the coolest planes ever. Wrote a report on them for a class one time. Can't wait till I come down to Anchorage sometime this summer. I'll have to see if I can get a look at them.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:29 AM

The ones from Langley were here recently--oddly enough, they break a lot for being brand new planes and all... :P

Originally Posted by alaskacobalt
We could at least throw some chaff/flare on the back of our rides, I could see a good use for that... it would definitely stop tailgating... not like many cars are ever behind me, they always seem to be in front of me... going incredibly slow.
o0o I could use that, tailgaters are a problem here. some chaff as a warning, and flare if they don't back off. i don't think they'd like what white phosphorous would do to their paint.

Last edited by xravenwingsx; 05-23-2007 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-23-2007, 04:31 AM

Well wont all things break if they go as fast as Mach 1 without afterburners? Like Going mach 1 without NOS in the balt? lol. Ya but they are pretty new too, so ******* expensive, but worth it to me.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:37 AM

Oh yeah, they're definitely sweet--and I know they take a lot of abuse. Kinda have to, being our flagship fighter and all. They're so awesome. Can't wait to see the first active F-35.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:42 AM

To put it into perspective... when the 22's came out here for a little practice run... they didn't take a single kill, but they would consistently kill all of the other 15's... and it was said that something like 5 fully loaded F-15 strike eagles was more powerful than the 2nd largest Air Force... so if 1 F-22 can easily take out 20 F-15 eagles... I'm pretty sure we're going to have air dominance for a while. These things are just awesome!

And if you want to see an F-22... if you were to come down to Anchorage before I get out, I could get you on the flightline right up next to them when they are doing a launch and then you can see them takeoff up close. They are incredibly quiet too... it's wild. That's probably the coolest thing about working flightline... well, that and the fact that I had my name on my jet... there's nothing cooler than being able to tell people that you had your full name printed on the side of a multi million dollar fighter jet.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:43 AM

ya I read about them too, I'm not sure they are as manuverable as the 22s since the 22s have thrust vectoring jets. and the 35 is a single engine, but we'll see. maybe eielson will get a set of them. That would be sweet.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:45 AM

The 22 is incredible, I really don't think the 35 is going to be able to touch it. I think they just have better electronics if that is even possible... regardless, we were already an unstoppable air power, now I can't even imagine trying to go up against us. These aircraft are so fast and quiet, the bomb will hit before you will even hear the jet or pick it up on radar, if you ever do...
Old 05-23-2007, 04:51 AM

Ok **** you AlaskaCobalt. Seriously, your name on the 22, I'm jealous, more jealous than those who own a SS/SC I just have an LS, but probably gonna go turbo after my deployment. Going to Iraq for 8 months in September. Gonna be hella hot. So if I dont go turbo then i'll probably go and trade for the SS or wait till 09 when they have Turbo Charged.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:05 AM

hahaha, I wish it was on the 22... but I had mine on the 15. I don't work on the 22, but I have recovered one before... that's about as close as I've come to physically crewing one. If I wasn't getting out, I could crew one, because they are replacing the F-15, but I was injured on duty, so I'm being medically retired.

Ok **** you AlaskaCobalt. Seriously, your name on the 22, I'm jealous, more jealous than those who own a SS/SC I just have an LS, but probably gonna go turbo after my deployment. Going to Iraq for 8 months in September. Gonna be hella hot. So if I dont go turbo then i'll probably go and trade for the SS or wait till 09 when they have Turbo Charged.
By the way... have fun in Iraq... it's what you make of it and I had a blast! I would go back anyday! Seriously it's scary as **** sometimes, but the times you have while you are there, you'll remember forever. Hell... not to mention the phat ass paycheck that you have when you get back because you can't spend any of your money except on Burger King... it's unbelievable how much Burger King I ate while in Iraq... but because you don't have anything better to do, you workout every day so it's damn near impossible to gain weight over there, especially since it's so hot and you are always walking around.

Just make sure that you close your tent at night... those camel spiders are NASTY... I have seen some pretty ugly wounds caused by the damn things, check your **** hard before going to bed... I know if I woke up to one of those things, I would defecate myself for sure.

The nice thing is when you get back, you should be sitting on AT LEAST $10-$15K in your bank account... I am a single parent of a 2 year old, so I was getting haz duty, family sep, and of course everything is tax free... so it was awesome! Enjoy it!

Last edited by alaskacobalt; 05-23-2007 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-23-2007, 05:16 AM

Thanks for the advice. I'm with ya on them spiders, def have to get a new pair of pants after that. And ya cant wait till I get that paycheck. Still havin your name on a 15 is pretty impressive too. Its been good, but I think I'm actually headed for bed now. If I ever head down to Anchorage I'll give ya a shout before hand. Gather some Balts up and cruise. Take it easy.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:26 AM

Thanks for the advice. I'm with ya on them spiders, def have to get a new pair of pants after that. And ya cant wait till I get that paycheck. Still havin your name on a 15 is pretty impressive too. Its been good, but I think I'm actually headed for bed now. If I ever head down to Anchorage I'll give ya a shout before hand. Gather some Balts up and cruise. Take it easy.
We'd have better luck getting together cars with primer only body kits or a group of WRX folks... out here the only people that drive Balts are 15 or 50... and modifying them... pffft... whenever I tell people I have a cobalt, they say, "the family car" hahaha... well, I guess since me and my 2 year old son drive around in it together... I guess it is my family car. ;0
Old 05-23-2007, 03:52 PM

You may want to consider a Taurus my friend... I hear they are great for driving around town picking up groceries with your grandmother and her 17 pomeranians.

What's wreckless about zipping through traffic if I stated I don't get over the speed limit? If you think that's wreckless, I hope to god you use two ply when you wipe, because you wouldn't want to accidentally scratch your brown eye with your nails... that could cause one hell of an infection...

As for trade in value? Who the eff cares! If I cared about return on investment, I would have bought a house or bonds... I'm not going to trade the car in, are you kidding me... trading in is for quitters... I'm going to have fun with it, until it is nothing more than a part car.

Basic premise of the story is this... some people sit and worry about the dumb things in life, such as whether or not to get a long hair or a short hair cat because they don't want to lint roll their pants in the morning... and others just get it and shave it... if you constantly worry about the dumb things, you are going to live a boring ass life, but if you get out there, enjoy what you have, while you are alive, I assure you, you'll have a much better existance.

Now, Apex, if you're done being a whiny little bitch about every little thing, we can move on... and be men... if not, could you at least cuddle with me and rub my back while attempting to be my mother? And you better not say a goddamn thing about guns killing people, or I'm going to call your Rosie, slap an oversized load sticker on your ass, and send your ass back to The View...

When you write a car off, just make sure you dont hit anybody else, thats all im asking. I dont think i was whining at all, I simply put time and place for everything, and you cant seem to understand that. How would you be zipping through traffic and weaving around... going the speed limit? If all vehicles are practically maintaining a sensible, average speed... you would be the jackass cutting people off.

I dunno maybe you need to get into a car accident or loose a friend or family member to a drunk/irresponsible driver before you realize it. People with your attitude don't realize driving is a privelage, not a right so have respect for the other motorists on the road. Again, im not a ******* angel either, i've probably taken my car faster than yours but that was on a open road with no cars around cause i knew if a animal jumped out or a car switched lanes infront of me going that fast i would not only likely kill myself, but the other person. I'm not prepared for another persons life, and their family and friends lives to be destroyed because the risk i took.

So please, take you 16 year old, tough guy attitude elsewhere.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Apex

When you write a car off, just make sure you dont hit anybody else, thats all im asking. I dont think i was whining at all, I simply put time and place for everything, and you cant seem to understand that. How would you be zipping through traffic and weaving around... going the speed limit? If all vehicles are practically maintaining a sensible, average speed... you would be the jackass cutting people off.

I dunno maybe you need to get into a car accident or loose a friend or family member to a drunk/irresponsible driver before you realize it. People with your attitude don't realize driving is a privelage, not a right so have respect for the other motorists on the road. Again, im not a ******* angel either, i've probably taken my car faster than yours but that was on a open road with no cars around cause i knew if a animal jumped out or a car switched lanes infront of me going that fast i would not only likely kill myself, but the other person. I'm not prepared for another persons life, and their family and friends lives to be destroyed because the risk i took.

So please, take you 16 year old, tough guy attitude elsewhere.

Well seeing that most drivers accelerate 0-60 incredibly slow, it's pretty easy to accelerate quickly. I don't even have to stomp on it to zip past them. I'm sure you're one of the same people that worships the Mexican Cloud Monster Jesus, and lets him guide you through traffic.

As for people dying in traffic... I lost a friend to street racing and a son to drunk driving. The friend I lost to street racing, deserved what he got, because we was driving like a jackass and lost control. So I don't feel bad for him. It sucks, but that's what happens when you do dumb things. As for my son, got hit by a drunk driver. There's no good reason to drive drunk or high... and it is completely different than driving fast or aggressively.

Regardless, I drive no different than the large majority of people on CSS... and I don't plan on changing.

As for the tough guy attitude, would you prefer if we cuddled on the couch, adopted bunnies, and collected flowers for scrapbooking together? Because I'm sure that we could arrange that.

My only suggestion to you is to MAN UP... life is more important than worrying about the dumb ****. You're going to die someday anyway, you might as well go out strong.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:35 PM

thanks for a good laugh man.

even if your day did suck, that first 'jackass move' was hilarious...
Old 05-23-2007, 11:26 PM

Well seeing that most drivers accelerate 0-60 incredibly slow, it's pretty easy to accelerate quickly. I don't even have to stomp on it to zip past them. I'm sure you're one of the same people that worships the Mexican Cloud Monster Jesus, and lets him guide you through traffic.

As for people dying in traffic... I lost a friend to street racing and a son to drunk driving. The friend I lost to street racing, deserved what he got, because we was driving like a jackass and lost control. So I don't feel bad for him. It sucks, but that's what happens when you do dumb things. As for my son, got hit by a drunk driver. There's no good reason to drive drunk or high... and it is completely different than driving fast or aggressively.

Regardless, I drive no different than the large majority of people on CSS... and I don't plan on changing.

As for the tough guy attitude, would you prefer if we cuddled on the couch, adopted bunnies, and collected flowers for scrapbooking together? Because I'm sure that we could arrange that.

My only suggestion to you is to MAN UP... life is more important than worrying about the dumb ****. You're going to die someday anyway, you might as well go out strong.
Sorry to hear about your losses.

And i'll take you up on your offer of cuddling and scrapbooking...
Old 05-23-2007, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Apex
Sorry to hear about your losses.

And i'll take you up on your offer of cuddling and scrapbooking...

Can we bring the Cobalts along? It's important that you let the kids see those moments of tenderness!
Old 05-24-2007, 12:44 AM

i don't street race, but i know a few people that do (you wouldn't believe how many fellow Airmen are dumb enough to do this both on and off base...and every USAF cop I've seen so far was a d!ck--but I haven't met them all, so I'm sure there are cool ones), so I know a LOT of the undercover cars around here. You can spot them a mile away. Mustangs, Chargers, Impalas, Taurus, F150's with lights in the grille and a bajillion antennas. Laptops are always a good indication too. :P Save it for the track is my motto.

Beware of the Taurus SHO!!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 12:50 AM

and from a drifters perspective....if you use the E-Brake to drift, real drifters will laugh at you, hence FWD is not for drifting...powersliding is not drifting, anyway, that was quite funny, and do you mean to tell me you always just use ur E-Brake to park? cuz you should always put your car in gear when u park

Quick Reply: The worst, best driving day in Cobalt history