General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

The worst, best driving day in Cobalt history

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 12:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by $uperman
and from a drifters perspective....if you use the E-Brake to drift, real drifters will laugh at you, hence FWD is not for drifting...powersliding is not drifting, anyway, that was quite funny, and do you mean to tell me you always just use ur E-Brake to park? cuz you should always put your car in gear when u park
If you work at a dealership and you park someones car you MUST put it in neutral and use the parking brake or else they might start it up and not realize it. But, if you're on an incline, then yes you should park the car in gear.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mikey851
If you work at a dealership and you park someones car you MUST put it in neutral and use the parking brake or else they might start it up and not realize it. But, if you're on an incline, then yes you should park the car in gear.
they might start it up and not realize it? LOL What difference does that make, you still have to hold the clutch down to start the car, and when you do that wouldnt you think you would reach down to put the car into gear? Also if you check your owners manual it says to put it in reverse when u park FYI
Old 05-24-2007, 12:25 PM

and from a drifters perspective....if you use the E-Brake to drift, real drifters will laugh at you, hence FWD is not for drifting...powersliding is not drifting, anyway, that was quite funny, and do you mean to tell me you always just use ur E-Brake to park? cuz you should always put your car in gear when u park
That's untrue. A quote directly from the "drift king" Keiichi Tsuchiya: "You brake and then turn the wheel, step on the clutch, and pull the e-brake. Release the e-brake, go into countersteer mode, then wait. Wait until you know the car is facing the corner exit direction. then you smile and slam on the gas as you exit the corner."

Using the ebrake is one of several ways to initiate a drift on a RWD car. I'm no drifting expert, but have watched a few videos and they definitely use the ebrake in certain types of turns. So I think the only person laughing would be you, since so-called "REAL DRIFTERS" do use the ebrake.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:32 PM

e-brake is used a lot in drifting... and it's about the only damn way I can get the cobalt to slide or drift or anything... but it definitely does it and it's a lot of fun... so that's why you would do it... give it a try, it doesn't take a whole lot of effort with the e-brake... but to get your car to line up with the road around the corner is a little more difficult and takes a little practice.

And I never park with my car in gear, because I don't want my roommate slamming into the garage on accident when she moves my car in the morning... because she doesn't realize it's in gear. At least in neutral I know that will never happen. I don't care how much you drive, we've all tried to backup forgetting the car was in first gear or tried to go forward forgetting it was in reverse. If you always put it in neutral, you'll never have that problem. It just makes logical sense to do it that way... But regardless, my e-brake is fixed now... apparently it wasn't even damaged as bad as it seemed because it didn't take them that long to fix it.